Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62126 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Cleetus Drinkwater

Canyon Country, CA

#63481 Feb 6, 2014
Watch Out for Obamacare's Subsidy Cliff: Earn $1 More in Wages, and You Could Pay $20,000 More for Insurance
6:34 PM, Feb 5, 2014 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

Send to Kindle
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

On Tuesday, the Congressional Budget Office released a new study finding that the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, will cause "a decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024."
Obamacare

That doesn't mean that Obamacare will cause 2.5 million employees to be laid off, but rather that the law will encourage the equivalent of 2.5 million full-time workers to drop out of the workforce. Here's how it will work (or rather, discourage work): Obamacare offers Medicaid to people earning up to 138 percent of the federal poverty line in states that opted into the program, and it provides subsidies to people earning above that amount, up to 400 percent of the federal poverty line. As your income increases, the subsidy decreases.

CBO explains that "the phaseout effectively raises people’s marginal tax rates (the tax rates applying to their last dollar of income), thus discouraging work."

For some people, CBO notes, the incentive to reduce their hours or quit their jobs will be especially strong: "People whose income exceeds 400 percent of the FPL are ineligible for premium subsidies, and for some people those subsidies will drop abruptly to zero when income crosses that threshold."

The Obamacare subsidy cliff is so steep that if you earn just $1 above the threshold, you could end up paying anywhere from a few thousand dollars to $20,000 more for insurance, depending on your age.

Take the case of a couple of 55-year-olds living in St. Croix County, Wisconsin, where the median household income is a little over $68,000.
guru IS more than AFRAID

Honolulu, HI

#63482 Feb 6, 2014
Tissues needed on isle four.
Hot Pirate

Canyon Country, CA

#63483 Feb 6, 2014
...is the man. And I outta know!
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/de...
W N D

Canyon Country, CA

#63484 Feb 6, 2014
Guru

United States

#63485 Feb 6, 2014
Hot pirate, have you an African passport?
Why Not Dickie

Honolulu, HI

#63486 Feb 6, 2014
W N D wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/
..........H O I..........
..........Y T C..........
Why Not Dickie

Honolulu, HI

#63487 Feb 6, 2014
W N D wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/
..........W N D..........
..........H O I..........
..........Y T C..........
..........K..........
Hot Pirate

Canyon Country, CA

#63488 Feb 6, 2014
Guru wrote:
Hot pirate, have you an African passport?
nah...I left all my stuff in my treasure Chest.
Fred

Honolulu, HI

#63489 Feb 6, 2014
Hot Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
nah...I left all my stuff in my treasure Chest.
Lolo is as flat as a filefish so guru isn't talking about her chest.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63490 Feb 7, 2014
"On Friday, the Labor Department reported that the economy added just 113k jobs in January. Economists had expected a gain of 180,000 after a very weak report in December. The two months are both far below employment growth trends last year. The unemployment rate was down a tick to 6.6%."

obama the fake president can't do anything right.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63491 Feb 7, 2014
Guru wrote:
BENGHAZI CARTOONS IN FOREIGN PAPERS
http://jkoped.blogspot.com/2013/12/benghazi-c...
ROTFLMAO!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAA!!!!!
It doesn't get better than this! hahahahahahahahahaaa!!!
Reichwing Cartoons.....Wonder how those family's feel seeing those, eh?
Trayvons friend

Mililani, HI

#63492 Feb 7, 2014
Guru wrote:
"On Friday, the Labor Department reported that the economy added just 113k jobs in January. Economists had expected a gain of 180,000 after a very weak report in December. The two months are both far below employment growth trends last year. The unemployment rate was down a tick to 6.6%."
obama the fake president can't do anything right.
Hey LA Guru maybe you cannot get a job is because your a sick white CREEPY AZZ CRACKA.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63493 Feb 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Reichwing Cartoons.....Wonder how those family's feel seeing those, eh?
...we all could care less. obama is the new Hitler 2.0, and will act in a similar fashion in the end. At least the other countries are not blind like you are with him. They know EXACTLY who he is and what he stands for: fascism and communism and pain.

March can't get here soon enough. I hope it comes out in March as Zullo said, and not April or May. But whatever happens it will blow obama away and the rest of the world. obama will be seen to be the traitor of all traitors in the end. The resultant Constitutional crises will be incredible. Perfect timing for the midterms.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63494 Feb 7, 2014
Trayvons friend wrote:
<quoted text>Hey LA Guru maybe you cannot get a job is because your a sick white CREEPY AZZ CRACKA.
You keep right on thinking that homie cuz my guys are all over this one. When it happens it will happen fast and you will never see them coming. You can run but you can't hide. Too late for that. Enjoy the training exercise.
IMPEACH him now

Canyon Country, CA

#63495 Feb 7, 2014
Unemployment falls to five-year low on weak jobs report...

Teen Rate Hits 21%...

When Will Obama Start Caring? SHOCK: Almost One in Four 26 year-olds still live with parents!

obama is the only president in history that the more people are OUT of jobs he counts it as MORE people that have jobs.

....what do you expect from a guy that doesn't have even one shred of evidence that says who he is. Not one. A man with 6 different names,multiple birth places, Nobody saw him in college, was not in the yearbook, no friends from college, no SS#, fails e-verify, his own book says he was born in Kenya, bows to the muslims, supports Al-Qaida, and everything else. A fake president that has now created a monster Constitutional crises for this country. Good luck with that.

Which way will impeachment go? Because he is a complete fraud? or on some Constitutional issue so that the entire world doesn't sue us for what he has done as a fake president. That is what props him up now.

The rest of the world knows who obama is while we deny knowing anything while he shreds our laws, and ruins this country.

It is just a matter of time before he is impeached. March can't get here soon enough.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#63496 Feb 7, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...we all could care less. obama is the new Hitler 2.0, and will act in a similar fashion in the end. At least the other countries are not blind like you are with him. They know EXACTLY who he is and what he stands for: fascism and communism and pain.
March can't get here soon enough. I hope it comes out in March as Zullo said, and not April or May. But whatever happens it will blow obama away and the rest of the world. obama will be seen to be the traitor of all traitors in the end. The resultant Constitutional crises will be incredible. Perfect timing for the midterms.
You're making me look like a stupidazz. Suck it up moron.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#63497 Feb 7, 2014
IMPEACH him now wrote:
Teen Rate Hits 21%...
When Will Obama Start Caring? SHOCK: Almost One in Four 26 year-olds still live with parents!
obama is the only president in history that the more people are OUT of jobs he counts it as MORE people that have jobs.
....what do you expect from a guy that doesn't have even one shred of evidence that says who he is. Not one. A man with 6 different names,multiple birth places, Nobody saw him in college, was not in the yearbook, no friends from college, no SS#, fails e-verify, his own book says he was born in Kenya, bows to the muslims, supports Al-Qaida, and everything else. A fake president that has now created a monster Constitutional crises for this country. Good luck with that.
Which way will impeachment go? Because he is a complete fraud? or on some Constitutional issue so that the entire world doesn't sue us for what he has done as a fake president. That is what props him up now.
The rest of the world knows who obama is while we deny knowing anything while he shreds our laws, and ruins this country.
It is just a matter of time before he is impeached. March can't get here soon enough.
When will obama start caring? Waaaaaaaaa you need a care facility.
IMPEACH him now

Canyon Country, CA

#63498 Feb 7, 2014
Citizen WElls
Obama eligibility, Obama news

****Obama birth certificate case to go before federal grand jury?, Doug Vogt’s affidavit submitted to US Attorneys by federal judges, Attorney Montgomery Blair Sibley explains, Forgeries require Obama explanation
Posted on February 7, 2014 | 35 Comments

Obama birth certificate case to go before federal grand jury?, Doug Vogt’s affidavit submitted to US Attorneys by federal judges, Attorney Montgomery Blair Sibley explains, Forgeries require Obama explanation

“Why has Obama, since taking the White House, used Justice Department Attorneys, at taxpayer expense, to avoid presenting a legitimate birth certificate and college records?”…Citizen Wells

“Khalid Al-Mansour was “raising money” for Obama.”
“Khalid Al-Mansour was trying to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.”…Percy Sutton

“Barack Obama, show me the college loans.”…Citizen Wells

From Attorney Montgomery Blair Sibley.

“Mr. Obama, Your House of Cards May Be Tumbling Down”
“In my last post I related that 175 federal judges had received copies of Doug Vogt’s affidavit which forensically established probable cause to believe that Barack Hussein Obama’s certificates of live birth are forgeries. The cover letter accompanying the affidavit asked each Judge to refer the evidence contained in Doug’s 95 page public affidavit – and 75 page sealed affidavit – to a Grand Jury to investigate.”

“In fact three (3) federal judges have acknowledge receipt of Doug’s Affidavit. Two of them have forwarded the affidavit to their respective United States Attorneys. The third wrote back stating:“I was very impressed by the letter and attachments you sent to me. I do not dismiss the allegations you make as untrue.” The letter continued with the commitment to submit Doug’s affidavit to the Grand Jury for their consideration. So like a modern-day Diogenes, perhaps we have found one honest federal district court judge.”

“Let me posit what will happen next. Doug and I – a former criminal prosecutor with extensive experience presenting evidence to a grand jury and securing indictments – will be invited to appear before the Grand Jury. Doug to detail the forensic evidence contained in his affidavit; Me to explain the legal options available to the Grand Jury to follow up on the evidence that Doug presents them. Operating outside the control of the United States Attorney’s office and with the support of the federal judge and the United States Marshal’s Service, a dozen federal Grand Jury subpoenas will be issued and served by the Marshal’s Service nationwide. The originals of Obama’s birth records from Hawaii, college transcripts from the three colleges he attended, along with his Social Security and Selective Service records would all be compelled to be produced to this Eric Holder-free Grand Jury. Additionally, the players in the Obama Birth Certificate pageant would all be called to testify as to their roles: Remember, there is no Fifth Amendment privilege to refuse to answer a question put to a witness by a Grand Jury.”

Read more:

http://amoprobos.blogspot.com/2014/02/mr-obam...
Francine

Mililani, HI

#63499 Feb 8, 2014
IMPEACH him now wrote:
Teen Rate Hits 21%...
(im)Peach ment time is not till next October dumb azz. You must be dumb azz not know this living a California?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63500 Feb 8, 2014
wow...another black guy says the obama administration is corrupt and is acting like the Gestapo:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/ben-carson-obama-o...

He must be both a racist and an Uncle Tom since he is against obama.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaneohe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15) Aug 23 HbH 9
News Elevated argument - Hawaii News (May '09) Jul 29 District 1 2,573
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
News Fatboy's to open large eatery (Jan '08) Jul '16 Joe Balls 41
News Woman dies as car tumbles off Laie Point - Hawa... (Jul '09) Jul '16 District 1 69
News Lawyer: Bullying Led To Shooting In Waikiki (Nov '11) Jun '16 gotrump 5
News Remembering the Kailua of old (Sep '08) Jun '16 joe balls 16

Kaneohe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kaneohe Mortgages