Remembering the Kailua of old

Sep 15, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser

KAILUA - Before urbanization and tract homes, and before the population moved closer to the beach, Kailua's center was at the entrance to Maunawili Valley, where stores prospered and farmers worked.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Mark

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

And the local post mark was "Lanikai, Hawaii, Zone 16".
rob

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

I remember when the town would shut down for holloween party. All the stores would turn into spook houses. Oneawa st. use to have tall trees all the way into town. I remember the jet crash at kainalu school.
rajron

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

I remember when my 1st grade class and part of Kailua Elementry School burned!
RkinsawJoe

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

In the 80's Kailua had a place called the crow bar. I can't remember the street but I think across the block was Fast Eddies a night club. Is this right at all? I looked on Google Earth and nothing looks familiar anymore and that's just 25 yrs. ago.
r3alsassy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2008

RkinsawJoe wrote:
In the 80's Kailua had a place called the crow bar. I can't remember the street but I think across the block was Fast Eddies a night club. Is this right at all? I looked on Google Earth and nothing looks familiar anymore and that's just 25
yrs. ago.
I have a friend that use to talk about this place, he was there I think in 84 or 85
r3alsassy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2008

I would like to know more about this place called the Crow bar and someone use to sing there, I think his name wa Elijah
MURPH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

rob wrote:
I remember when the town would shut down for holloween party. All the stores would turn into spook houses. Oneawa st. use to have tall trees all the way into town. I remember the jet crash at kainalu school.
We lived on Ilimano Street from 1958 to July of 1962. I think there were two separate crashes in our neighborhood during that time. One plane hit houses. The other plane hit the empty schoolyard and parking lot.
RkinsawJoe your right

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

I was right across from Fast Eddies.

I used to hang out there some times in the early 80's.
Donna

Lahaina, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

RkinsawJoe wrote:
In the 80's Kailua had a place called the crow bar. I can't remember the street but I think across the block was Fast Eddies a night club. Is this right at all? I looked on Google Earth and nothing looks familiar anymore and that's just 25 yrs. ago.
I used to work at the CrowBar back in 84-85. It was on Hoolai Street where Boston's Pizza is now. Fast Eddies was around the corner where Walgreen's is now. Kailua has really changed and is even changing more and more these days. I have fond memories working at the CrowBar with Boo and Myra. Those were the days!
Jojo

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

I remember watching from my bedroom window on ilunui st. The locals and jarheads fighting what seemed to be every Friday night when Fast eddies closed down for the night.
Jim

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to work at the CrowBar back in 84-85. It was on Hoolai Street where Boston's Pizza is now. Fast Eddies was around the corner where Walgreen's is now. Kailua has really changed and is even changing more and more these days. I have fond memories working at the CrowBar with Boo and Myra. Those were the days!
That was my mother's bar Mary I also have found memories that place. We lived in back for a number of years. Slipped away in 1983. Mom passed 4 years ago.
Donna

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my mother's bar Mary I also have found memories that place. We lived in back for a number of years. Slipped away in 1983. Mom passed 4 years ago.
I remember Mary. I tell people about her $5 all you could drink nights..lol. Those were the days. Sorry to hear she passed. I have fond memories of her.
jayz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

I remember when kelly v won mr.fast eddies.was such a fun nite.
bubbles

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

i was stationed at kaneohe in the early eighties.remember fast eddies well.got caught behind it with a girl by the local police.had some great times back then.just recently went back.bar is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Kaneohe Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kaneohe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••