Think2x

Nitro, WV

#124 Aug 29, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>If you care to check Bush went to congress 17 times requesting oversight on the housing industry but Sweet Barney, Pelosi and Reid blocked him from oversight. Barney wanted every American to have a home and loosened the oppurse strings on bank loans leading to the housing collapse. Check and see how many years you had a democratically controlled congress since 1994. I think the democrats had the purse strings.
Both parties have gotten us to where we are now. Both parties suddenly want us to believe they know how to fix our problems. They don't really want to fix anything. Can anybody remember the last time either party ever solved a problem? We have the same issues every year. You are all fools.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#125 Aug 30, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>If you care to check Bush went to congress 17 times requesting oversight on the housing industry but Sweet Barney, Pelosi and Reid blocked him from oversight. Barney wanted every American to have a home and loosened the oppurse strings on bank loans leading to the housing collapse. Check and see how many years you had a democratically controlled congress since 1994. I think the democrats had the purse strings.
Nah...he did nothing he COULD have done to stop it...too many of his buddies were making money.

"To his credit, Bush accurately foresaw the danger posed by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and began calling as early as 2002 for greater regulation of the mortgage giants. But experts say the administration could have done even more to curb excesses in the housing market, and much more to police Wall Street, which transmitted those problems around the world.

In retrospect, "it would have helped for the Bush administration to empower the folks at Treasury and the Federal Reserve and the comptroller of the currency and the FDIC to look at these issues more closely," said Vince Reinhardt, a former Federal Reserve economist now at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative-leaning research organization here. Reinhardt said it would also have helped "for Congress to have held hearings."

Instead, voices inside the administration who favored tougher policing of Wall Street found themselves with few supporters. William Donaldson, a former Wall Street executive with respected Republican credentials who became chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission under Bush, quit in 2005 after facing resistance from the White House and Republican members of the panel, who criticized his support for stiffer regulations on mutual funds and hedge funds.

Today, even those sympathetic to Bush say he cannot disentangle himself from a home-lending industry run amok or a banking industry that mortgaged its future on toxic loans."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/business/wo...

As to your last statement, REPUBLICANS controlled BOTH the House and Senate from 1994 - 2006, filibustered the highest numbers of obstruction government in the Senate from 2007 to present and controls the HOuse from 2010 to now.

The fact you don't know this makes you look really ignorant on your remarks. Have a little pride in your country..know what the heck your government is doing and who is doing what. Don't you LIKE this country?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#126 Aug 30, 2012
Think2x wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties have gotten us to where we are now. Both parties suddenly want us to believe they know how to fix our problems. They don't really want to fix anything. Can anybody remember the last time either party ever solved a problem? We have the same issues every year. You are all fools.
No, Mr. newly declared Libertarian..the republicans have spent four year BLOCKING anything the President and democrats would have and could have done to help the economy. Remember McConnell's vow to keep the President to one term and how you all cheered that on?

Hypocrite..will vote for Ron Paul or a republican but want to throw the Do nothing republicans into a shared position.

Since: Oct 11

Lakeland, FL

#127 Aug 30, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Mr. newly declared Libertarian..the republicans have spent four year BLOCKING anything the President and democrats would have and could have done to help the economy. Remember McConnell's vow to keep the President to one term and how you all cheered that on?
Hypocrite..will vote for Ron Paul or a republican but want to throw the Do nothing republicans into a shared position.
All of this time you waste trying to get people to vote for Obama, however, no matter how hard you try, there is no way in hell he can win this state. That's the funny thing.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#128 Aug 30, 2012
sempron wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this time you waste trying to get people to vote for Obama, however, no matter how hard you try, there is no way in hell he can win this state. That's the funny thing.
Don't be so sure. Many women may not SPEAK out about the republican platform of giving more rights to Rapists and Pedophiles, but they will not VOTE for those rights the republicans have made clear they will push. And not everyone is comfortable with the spaceship religion of Romney whose church does land grabs with each million Romney gives.

YOU may think that all in WV have remained racist and bigoted,but there are SO many people hurting from the pollution of the mines and the coal that they don't think giving mine owners MORE privileges to destroy their state is the way to go.
Tommy

Charlottesville, VA

#129 Aug 30, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so sure. Many women may not SPEAK out about the republican platform of giving more rights to Rapists and Pedophiles, but they will not VOTE for those rights the republicans have made clear they will push. And not everyone is comfortable with the spaceship religion of Romney whose church does land grabs with each million Romney gives.
YOU may think that all in WV have remained racist and bigoted,but there are SO many people hurting from the pollution of the mines and the coal that they don't think giving mine owners MORE privileges to destroy their state is the way to go.
Please send me some of what you have been smoking.
Vote Romney

Prestonsburg, KY

#130 Aug 30, 2012
Obama will lose the election and get offered a movie deal. Afterall, look at all the exposure he's had with the rich and famous movie stars. lol.
RightNProud

Fincastle, VA

#131 Aug 30, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. That's the funniest and dumbest crap I have read all day (well, other than your other wacko posts). Man, you are one delusional individual. Please get out more, quit living off the government dime, and see how the real workd works. Believe me, it doesn't work by any of your hippie $hit ideas, tree hugger.

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#132 Aug 30, 2012
The guy almost lost his reelection primary in WV to a convicted felon and Liberals actually think that Obama has a snowball's chance here? Hahahaha okay. Most people recognize the separation of church and state at all times, not just when it is convenient, so Mormon, Catholic, Atheist, Baptist doesn't matter. It's funny how the Liberals fight for religious freedoms until they it's a Republican who believes differently. They just spent the better part of 2008 defending Obama when his preach said things like "GD America" and "We deserved 911." Hypocrites crack me up.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#133 Aug 30, 2012
New requirement for voter registration in Wv. You must now produce two Cheerio box tops before being allowed to vote.
Tom

San Angelo, TX

#134 Aug 30, 2012
I'm voting to save our country. I'm voting for Romney.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#135 Aug 31, 2012
Romney's belief in a space alien HUMAN god who flew to earth to mate with an earthling, flew back home and from the sex, had a Christ is, at best, the beliefs of delusion.

And Ryan's belief in the fantasy written by a meth induced Russian woman is sick.

WV will NOT vote for these two BECAUSE they will quickly stop SSDI benefits and all other non retirement Social Security programs and NO one who has had as much pollution thrown at them from corporate coal can afford to lose those benefits.

Talk your trash, fellas....and watch the outcome of the elections.

Charleston, WV

#136 Aug 31, 2012
40% of Obama's own party voted for a convicted felon rather than him. It's glaringly obvious.
RightNProud

Fairfield, VA

#137 Aug 31, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
Romney's belief in a space alien HUMAN god who flew to earth to mate with an earthling, flew back home and from the sex, had a Christ is, at best, the beliefs of delusion.
Everything you post is the beliefs of delusion, you whacked out hippie liberal....you live in a fantasy land of cotton candy trees and marshmallow clouds where your messiah Obama will rule for all eternity. Your dream world is over in November.....

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#138 Aug 31, 2012
Louda wrote:
40% of Obama's own party voted for a convicted felon rather than him. It's glaringly obvious.
I'd ask for facts, but that would be fruitless. YOu guys not only lie through your teeth, but lack the moral character to vote for a guy who tells the truth.

People in MO voted for a DEAD guy rather than the incumbent Ashcroft...who went on to become Bush's first criminal AG

Voters elected Mel Carnahan, although dead, by a narrow margin. No one had ever posthumously won election to the Senate, though voters on at least three occasions chose deceased candidates for the House (Nick Begich, Hale Boggs, and Patsy Mink).

This loss was despite having a larger budget than Carnahan that included controversial contributions from corporations such as Monsanto Company (headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri), which contributed five times more to Ashcroft than to any other congressional hopeful at the time. He thereby became the first Senate incumbent ever defeated for re-election by a dead man's name on the ballot (it was understood that Mel Carnahan's wife, Jean Carnahan, would assume the position if he won election).

Although under Missouri law, Mel Caranahan could not legally win, since he was dead and therefore did not "live" in the state, and Ashcroft was the legal winner of the election (having received the most votes of the legally qualified candidates), Ashcroft did not contest the election certification of the Democratic Missouri Secretary of State.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#139 Aug 31, 2012
RightNProud wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you post is the beliefs of delusion, you whacked out hippie liberal....you live in a fantasy land of cotton candy trees and marshmallow clouds where your messiah Obama will rule for all eternity. Your dream world is over in November.....
No, was never a hippie, I was an activist. You musta been a hippie,though, as I recall all those words you used to describe them were used back then to describe them.

I was fighting for civil rights and comparable pay for women. How about you? Bashing black men and democrats all you have to show for your life? Think Christ will let you into heaven with that record?

Hint: don't hold your breath.

Charleston, WV

#140 Sep 2, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd ask for facts, but that would be fruitless. YOu guys not only lie through your teeth, but lack the moral character to vote for a guy who tells the truth.
People in MO voted for a DEAD guy rather than the incumbent Ashcroft...who went on to become Bush's first criminal AG
Voters elected Mel Carnahan, although dead, by a narrow margin. No one had ever posthumously won election to the Senate, though voters on at least three occasions chose deceased candidates for the House (Nick Begich, Hale Boggs, and Patsy Mink).
This loss was despite having a larger budget than Carnahan that included controversial contributions from corporations such as Monsanto Company (headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri), which contributed five times more to Ashcroft than to any other congressional hopeful at the time. He thereby became the first Senate incumbent ever defeated for re-election by a dead man's name on the ballot (it was understood that Mel Carnahan's wife, Jean Carnahan, would assume the position if he won election).
Although under Missouri law, Mel Caranahan could not legally win, since he was dead and therefore did not "live" in the state, and Ashcroft was the legal winner of the election (having received the most votes of the legally qualified candidates), Ashcroft did not contest the election certification of the Democratic Missouri Secretary of State.
Actually facts are far more important than opinions. I appreciate the facts of the MO case, but it still doesn't make it any less telling that 40% of the Democrat party wanted someone other than Obama. That's not counting the Republican population. Romney will win WV by a large margin. I'm just giving my opinion, but mine are supported by the facts from THIS state.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#141 Sep 2, 2012
I'm surprised Cookie Parker is posting Friday. Figured Cookie would be hanging out in the Penn. State locker rooms waiting on Sandusky to appear after the game yesterday.

Since: Oct 11

Winfield, WV

#142 Sep 2, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually facts are far more important than opinions. I appreciate the facts of the MO case, but it still doesn't make it any less telling that 40% of the Democrat party wanted someone other than Obama. That's not counting the Republican population. Romney will win WV by a large margin. I'm just giving my opinion, but mine are supported by the facts from THIS state.
I don't like liberals. So I get quite a bit of enjoyment watching them invest so much time and energy trying to persuade everyone in this state to vote for Obama. He didn't win WV last time and he's much less popular now. It's a lost cause for them. I'm loving this stuff! It's priceless! Not only is he not going to win WV, he is getting kicked out of the white house! LOL!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#143 Sep 2, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
Not facts from your state...talk in your church. That's all , nothing more.

And with all the health issues from coal mine owners being allowed to pollute human beings under Bush and some under Obama, I'd think you really scream to keep Obama in given Romney wants to take away ALL rules on corporations so that they can even dynamite your holler if they feel they need it to get to that mountain.

And SSDI? That's gone within the first 100 days, along with medicare and medicaid...might do you some good and save you from some bad times if you looked into their ideas on coal mining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kanawha City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
massage parlor 20 min Tom Clark 2
Judge Ballard (Feb '15) 1 hr AAA333 21
Best barber in Charleston? (Mar '14) 1 hr Great 29
Salon Indigo - East End 2 hr Neighbors 13
Stephanie Randolph (Jan '14) 3 hr Chuckfynest 4
Recommendations 5 hr concerned 4
Looking for info 5 hr Bluedevil4015 2

Kanawha City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance