Letter

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

"FEMA says no to ice for hurricane survivors" . The explanation for the Bush administration's inability to supply ice to these people is quite simple.
Comments
121 - 138 of 138 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2008
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Aiea Independent

Glenside, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Sep 19, 2008
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fiorina flub was her on TV saying that none of the candidates have the qualifications to run a company like HP. Including McCain.
Now I understand she's been put under wraps and is not allowed to talk with reporters, nor make appearances. I don't know if you recall, but she's also the one who talked of birth control for women being supported by insurance.
I'm sure Obama has made verbal gaffes and I'm sure someone will point it out. And I think he's far from perfect. In fact, if you found someone perfect, that's the person I wouldn't vote for because that person is not me.
But this financial episode is like a test tube for both candidates. They can screw up and it won't make a difference. But it should be telling as to how they work and approach problems. That's how I view this.
Yes, that's the flub I thought you were referring to, but I'm glad to see that you mentioned she meant that for all 4 candidates (McCain-Palin-Obama-Biden). On the CNN web site, the linked headline to the article misrepresented her comment because it only mentioned Palin. I didn't see the whole conversation to understand the full context of what she was saying, but I do believe she was trying to explain it is a falacy to compare being the President of the US to being the CEO of a major corporation. So much issue has been raised over Palin's experience (or lack of depending on your view), I think she was asked if Palin could run a major corporation. And in Fiorina's response, she said no Palin couldn't, but then went on to say that neither could McCain, Obama, and Biden.

Of course, when the Obama campaign picked up on it, they left out the later half of her statement, thus distorting it. I realize that that's the nastiness of politics and that both sides are guilty of it, but it's no less annoying.
Aiea Independent

Glenside, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Sep 19, 2008
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have an opinion. And that's neither right nor wrong for anyone except me. It's interesting that you mention things that other diehard GOP supporters continue to wale on and I find your opinion refreshing.
I agree with you that if Obama wins, he not only has to set a good example but I think will be held to a higher bar.
If McCain makes it in, I only have one wish: that he lives through his entire presidency. If anyone bothers me, it's Palin.
I don't think your opinion is wrong. Just don't tell me it's a fact.
Yes, I think a President Obama will have a very "tight rope" to walk. I think if he is viewed as not doing enough for blacks, he's going to get labeled a sell-out and the critism will be very biting from Revs Al and Jesse. And, if he is viewed as doing too much for blacks, the biting critism will come from whites.

Well, I can see Palin is a sore spot, so I won't prod the point too much. I'll only say that she seems to be a quick learner, and it appears that McCain will have her as a very involved Vice President that will quicken her "coming up to speed." I type this as one who believes Obama lacks critical experience and feels the Democratic ticket is upside-down.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Sep 19, 2008
 
Aiea Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think a President Obama will have a very "tight rope" to walk. I think if he is viewed as not doing enough for blacks, he's going to get labeled a sell-out and the critism will be very biting from Revs Al and Jesse. And, if he is viewed as doing too much for blacks, the biting critism will come from whites.
Well, I can see Palin is a sore spot, so I won't prod the point too much. I'll only say that she seems to be a quick learner, and it appears that McCain will have her as a very involved Vice President that will quicken her "coming up to speed." I type this as one who believes Obama lacks critical experience and feels the Democratic ticket is upside-down.
If Al and Jesse are smart, they'll just keep their mouths shut. If they're not, then I think they qualify as spoiled brats who can't get their way... which IMO they already are anyway.

I don't know how involved she will be with McCain. But they have her on a tight leash so it's hard to get a read from her. My guess is that's their strategy.
Aiea Independent

Glenside, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Sep 19, 2008
 
Yeah, I have to go. Hope to catch your posts again, which I am sure I will since I have seen you here before.

May Providence elevate the best man for the country, because when you get down to it, we all get riled up so much because we all love and care for our country. Right or wrong, our country!

Take care and have a good evening.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Sep 19, 2008
 
Aiea Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the flub I thought you were referring to, but I'm glad to see that you mentioned she meant that for all 4 candidates (McCain-Palin-Obama-Biden). On the CNN web site, the linked headline to the article misrepresented her comment because it only mentioned Palin. I didn't see the whole conversation to understand the full context of what she was saying, but I do believe she was trying to explain it is a falacy to compare being the President of the US to being the CEO of a major corporation. So much issue has been raised over Palin's experience (or lack of depending on your view), I think she was asked if Palin could run a major corporation. And in Fiorina's response, she said no Palin couldn't, but then went on to say that neither could McCain, Obama, and Biden.
Of course, when the Obama campaign picked up on it, they left out the later half of her statement, thus distorting it. I realize that that's the nastiness of politics and that both sides are guilty of it, but it's no less annoying.
I really don't care what Obama has to say about it. I saw if for myself so as far as I'm concerned, that's all that counts.

Like you said.... educate yourself.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Sep 19, 2008
 
Aiea Independent wrote:
Yeah, I have to go. Hope to catch your posts again, which I am sure I will since I have seen you here before.
May Providence elevate the best man for the country, because when you get down to it, we all get riled up so much because we all love and care for our country. Right or wrong, our country!
Take care and have a good evening.
You too.

And have a great weekend.
alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Sep 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We are all voting Obama
Show-me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Sep 19, 2008
 
Yeah, you have been right on with your rebuttal to Aiea. I don't have to get in the mix. There is nothing in this world that could convince me to vote for McCain. Old men for one thing make my ass tired, all I have to do is watch his body language. By the way, Aiea, I am a women, republican, senior citzen, widowed and worked my ass off to get what I have, If I lost it I don't have time to make it again.
Detergent77

Wailuku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Sep 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dargent77 wrote:
To all the "fair & balanced" FOX News watchers: The AM show has on Karl Rove (anti-christ#1), Dick Morris (a slerthing piece of garbage), Michael Reagan (adopted, not Reagan's DNA by a long shot), and Republican after Republican touting the McCain/Palin ticket. Great! Vote for these two idiots.
McCain cannot even explain his thoughts about geography.
All you reveal here is what a dirty, small, mean spirited little twerp you are.

You couldn't have a clean thought if you soaked in detergent for a month.

What a miserable waste of oxygen.
Connie

Lahaina, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Sep 19, 2008
 
alice wrote:
We are all voting Obama
Isn't it past your bedtime, hon?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Sep 19, 2008
 
Show-me wrote:
Yeah, you have been right on with your rebuttal to Aiea. I don't have to get in the mix. There is nothing in this world that could convince me to vote for McCain. Old men for one thing make my **** tired, all I have to do is watch his body language. By the way, Aiea, I am a women, republican, senior citzen, widowed and worked my **** off to get what I have, If I lost it I don't have time to make it again.
So you must have a lot of concerns with this financial meltdown. I hope you didn't get affect much. I don't think it's over yet so hold onto your hat.

Aiea has his opinions on things. Nothing wrong with that and I respect them. I'm glad he could see two sides of the same coin.

But keep your ears and eyes open. As we get closer to election, I think we're going to see a lot more fireworks!
Yeah - so what

Wailuku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Sep 19, 2008
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think McCain is stupid. But I have always questioned his mental faculties because of his advanced age. He's given me no reason to back off that opinion at this point in time.
So Sen. Akaka, who can barely string 6 coherent words together should resign from the Senate, right?

I arrived a little late to an economics forum where Akaka was speaking. I'd never seen him in person before. After listening for a while I wondered, "Who is this fool?"

I was shocked to discover it was a U.S. Senator.

But that's ok because he's just another liberal idiot, right?
Provocateur

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Sep 20, 2008
 
Same sh** different a**holes.
Dman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Sep 20, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You sound like a racist. are you born and raised here?
More Taxes wrote:
I will vote for MaCain/Palin for many reasons. The first being NoBama is a very scary man, as are all the people that he surrounds himself with. I have been a life long Democrat but I have to go with my gut on this one. And I will vote for anyone not in office now in the local elections, Bye Bye Mufster

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Sep 20, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wendell wrote:
Both Obama and McCain have been floundering so far on the current credit crisis.
Obama is not on the right track when he talks tax increases, especially now and at least for the next 2-3 years. Tax increases now will not be helpful for the economy.
It seems from an electoral map basis, McCain is making inroads in Minnesota, Michigan, and Penn, and even leading. Iowa and Colorado are now almost even between the two. These were states that Obama had in his camp earlier. What happened?
To win, Obama has got to be more specific about "change". Exactly what will he "change"?
If he can't articulate the specifics, the "old guy" will win.
Wendell is right on the mark. Besides the hollow "change" theme, Obama has relied on trying to get people to believe that maverick McCain is just like Bush. Obama has no other choice, however, as he has no record to stand on. Since we are playing the comparison game, are we to believe that Obama is just like his minister, Jeremiah Wright?

People are starting to take a closer look and the momentum, at least for now, is with McCain as he has increased support among independents and battleground states.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Sep 20, 2008
 
Yeah - so what wrote:
<quoted text>
So Sen. Akaka, who can barely string 6 coherent words together should resign from the Senate, right?
I arrived a little late to an economics forum where Akaka was speaking. I'd never seen him in person before. After listening for a while I wondered, "Who is this fool?"
I was shocked to discover it was a U.S. Senator.
But that's ok because he's just another liberal idiot, right?
Personally, I don't think Akaka is doing Hawaii any good. The sooner they get him out the better. Case would have been a much better choice and it would have given Hawaii a leg to stand on when Inouye retires.

I don't know about resigning, but I sure don't want him in there.

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Sep 20, 2008
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't think Akaka is doing Hawaii any good. The sooner they get him out the better. Case would have been a much better choice and it would have given Hawaii a leg to stand on when Inouye retires.
I don't know about resigning, but I sure don't want him in there.
Concur.

Case would have really shaken things up. I admire his run, but despite wishful thinking this state still has something of a plantation mentality.

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Sep 24, 2008
 
Excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendell is right on the mark. Besides the hollow "change" theme, Obama has relied on trying to get people to believe that maverick McCain is just like Bush. Obama has no other choice, however, as he has no record to stand on. Since we are playing the comparison game, are we to believe that Obama is just like his minister, Jeremiah Wright?
People are starting to take a closer look and the momentum, at least for now, is with McCain as he has increased support among independents and battleground states.
Yes, it's truly a devil you know or a devil you don't know. But aside from style and intelligence, I honestly don't see much of a difference between W and McCain on the major issues, except global warming, steel tariffs, and torture.

Still through all of it, anybody who angers the religious right despite being anti-abortion has got something going for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kamuela Discussions

Search the Kamuela Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun in Waimea Jul 21 James 2
Review: Paka's Smoke Shop Jul 4 Nathan 1
Review: Club Korea & BBQ Jul 2 Scammed 2
pau pizza Jun '14 in love 1
Dive assault caught on film May '14 David B 1
Big Island kava bars (Dec '09) May '14 HEP C RISK 4
Dr. John Stover Cosmetic Surgeon/Dentist May '14 Potential Patient 3
•••
•••
•••
Kamuela Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kamuela Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kamuela People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kamuela News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kamuela
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••