Going for a Grammy 4-peat - Features

Going for a Grammy 4-peat - Features

There are 4 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Going for a Grammy 4-peat - Features. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

If tradition holds at today's Grammy Awards, three local producers will make their fourth trip to the podium to collect the statuette for Best Hawaiian Music Album.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Hawaiian music fan

AOL

#1 Feb 8, 2009
Disgraceful. The producers of the slack key albums that have won the past three years and are now submitting a fourth should be ashamed of themselves. How many years are they going to keep churning out albums that give the ill-informed voters an easy way out? Their conceit and greed is obvious, and is a detriment to Hawaiian music. I have and will continue to buy albums by the rest of the nominees, but definitely not theirs! I won't reward their embarassing behavior.

Since: Sep 07

Hilo

#2 Feb 8, 2009
I am thrilled that this year's winner has 'Olelo Hawai'i! Congratulations!!!
Tita Nanakuli

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Feb 8, 2009
Congratulations.
Hawaiian music fan

AOL

#4 Feb 9, 2009
Amen. We're finally out of the grip of the slack key compilation monopoly.
This isn't the one of the group that I personally thought should win, but at least we're on the right track.
Congratulations Tia Carrere!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kamuela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite recent downpours, rainfall down signifi... (Apr '15) Nov 26 Tua Tua isa foa 12
kona helicopter lets one million people die.jul... Oct '16 hawaiiheli 1
glen hara considered legally insane as is his s... Sep '16 MELODY PARKER CARS 1
ricky roy damerville being sued by fbi collage ... Sep '16 ricky damerville ... 1
san francisco fbi collage recruiter sueing rick... Sep '16 ricky damerville ... 1
have you seen jason skiier car dealer at hawaii... Sep '16 ricky damerville 1
Review: DR. Stover's Cosmetic Centers Of Hawaii (Apr '14) Apr '14 Potentail Patient 1

Kamuela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kamuela Mortgages