Review: Shirley's In The Woods Cafe

Review: Shirley's In The Woods Cafe

Posted in the Kalkaska Forum

Greg

Lansing, MI

#1 Nov 8, 2010
My family loves Shirleys food. We certainly were lucky she decided to purchase that old building. She runs her place like a real business, but it has the feeling of family and old-fashioned charm. Shirley; you're gonna need to expand that little place just to keep up.
Sue

United States

#2 Dec 11, 2010
Shirley's Cafes are Great! The food is homemade, the service is great, and her restaurants are clean! Shirley loves her work, and it shows! I have never had a meal at Shirley's that I didn't love.
Annie

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Jun 24, 2011
We love Shirley's food and the staff is awesome. Shirley is very passionate about what she does and it shows. Her home made breads are the best and I recommend taking one of her bread making classes.
BILLY-BOB

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jul 9, 2011
elder abuse in kalkaska,
80 year old left in house with no water
police say stfu
got 5 adult kids
do you know then
kalkaska not that big
norb bauer

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jul 26, 2011
Decent food albeit overpriced. Service? Sometimes okay sometimes not.$6.50 for small loaf of bread? Really?
Jenna

United States

#6 Aug 20, 2011
Delicious food and pleasant staff. The location is small, and usually very full, so keep that in mind especially if your party is very large. The other Shirley's location is larger!

Prices are a bit high for the area, but the portions are huge and the food is delicious.
Shirley Tracey

Gaylord, MI

#7 Sep 1, 2012
norb bauer wrote:
Decent food albeit overpriced. Service? Sometimes okay sometimes not.$6.50 for small loaf of bread? Really?
Yes really...The loaf of bread I charge $6.50 for is the Cranberry Walnut...It is loaded with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts, I make it with extra virgin olive oil, so it is costly to make. If you are on a budget you might prefer any of my other breads, they range in price from $3.50 to $4.50 per loaf. I believe my prices are very reasonable...but I am sure you are aware that running a business is costly, and I too deserve to live in a home, and I like to heat it in the winter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalkaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Websites people may need after Friday Jan 16 Work 1
snapchat friends (Jan '14) Jan 9 Gavino Babino 15
Kristina Cherette (Jan '06) Jan 7 Lyssie 9
Stores that don't take EBT (Jun '16) Jan 3 Used 5
little Tom Dec '16 trust me I know 1
Whats the story with the family that runs the c... Dec '16 New2town 1
Poll Do you consider Kalkaska a great town? (Jan '09) Dec '16 Kalkaska is feces 15

Kalkaska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kalkaska Mortgages