Do you have to ask that?

It's ok

No

I hate it

UGGG

Missing Kalkaska

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Jan 13, 2009
For those who say they hate it would you mind explining please. I lived there for most of my life and moved away 2 years ago and miss it terribly (hence my name)
recently moved

Oyster Bay, NY

#2 May 12, 2009
I recently moved to Kalkaska, I only know the 2 people that I stay with, and his brother.
It seems like a decent little town, it's not a tourist only town which is good. It seems like there would be more work going on but all of Michigan is in a slump right now and I understand that.
It just kinda sucks that I have to drive to TC everyday to find a job.
Oh well Co RD 571 rock on!!!!
The Pizza at the cove - not to bad
coyotee's is the place to hang
good eats? dont really know I've only been to BK and Arby's so far.
AAA

Sterling Heights, MI

#3 May 14, 2009
You could try going to The Wild Onion, it's a good place, but terrible name, it in Alden close by. I used to go there
criss cross

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2009
I think Kalkaska is full of drugs and losers that suck on welfare or disability. When you drive into Kalkaska, you see the sign "Room to grow" LOL, Kalkaska gives ALL businesses a hard time. The powers that be try not to have any new businesses and hinder the rest.
UGGG, Kalkaska SUCKS!
Missing Kalkaska

United States

#5 Jul 7, 2009
criss cross wrote:
I think Kalkaska is full of drugs and losers that suck on welfare or disability. When you drive into Kalkaska, you see the sign "Room to grow" LOL, Kalkaska gives ALL businesses a hard time. The powers that be try not to have any new businesses and hinder the rest.
UGGG, Kalkaska SUCKS!
Ok, first off, Kalkasa is a great little town. And yea like ALL Towns/Cities it does have some problems with drugs and drinking and stuff like that but name me one that doesn't. I personally love Kalkasa and am planning on going back there. Many people like Kalkaska.
Big T

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2009
kalkaska is full of toothless rotted losers youre right cris cross but there arent enough drugs forget your thoughts cris cross salad toss
Juliet

Warren, MI

#7 Feb 27, 2010
Big T wrote:
kalkaska is full of toothless rotted losers youre right cris cross but there arent enough drugs forget your thoughts cris cross salad toss
Some people there are losers but you find more in the cities than you do in small towns like kalkaska. They have too many drugs there, they do not need anymore, they need to get rid of what they do have, and they would be much better off. Kalkaska is a fairly safe town, in cities like roseville its alot more dangerous. Dont bag on my town. Ill argue right back.
recently moved

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2010
Okay update on ME
I'm now aoutta Kalkaska and glad to be gone.
There is NO work at all around there, there is a LOT of drugs, simple to find just go to the park by the golf coarse on 571 and see the kid in the green Chevy truck.
Or go see the yellow and white trailer on 612/571 should be a green tahoe and/or burgandy dodge ram in the drive.

I'm so glad to be out of Kalkaska and finally working after 3 days back in my (smaller than Kalkaska) home town.

As for Roseville being worse, yea I agree there being originally from the 7 mile and Kelly area I know what your talking about!

Enjoy your rotted stinkhole!!! KALTUCKY
buns

Stevensville, MI

#9 Apr 10, 2010
I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT KALKASKA ,THERE ARE ALOT OF REALLY NICE PEOPLE.I THINK PEOPLE NEED JOBS ,A NEW DOWN TOWN , AND SOME SHOPPING CENTERS,THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE TOWN ALOT.ALSO NEED TO BRING PEOPLE HERE TO VACTION,WE HAVE LOTS OF STATE LAND ,SPORTS FISHING , BRING OUT THE BEST OF WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AND THINGS WILL IMPROVE.EVERY TOWN HAS A FEW PROBLEMS ,AND YES EVERY TOWN HAS DRUGS .THE COPS NEED TO CRACK DOWN ON THE KIDS AND WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEM FROM?RAID THE SCHOOLS,AND PLACE POLICE IN SCHOOLS .I THINK THE TOWN NEEDS TO MAKE A NEW BOOK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF KALKASKA AND ALL THE HISTORIC HOMES IN THE AREA ,AND BUILDINGS.
Nearly never left

Central Lake, MI

#10 Apr 22, 2010
I kind of like this place and I've lived here all my life, in the same house on Norway street. It's a safe place and I have trouble with people that rag on my town. Really I do. And the drug situation could be a lot worse than it is. At least Kalkaska isn't Detroit.
Higaki

Gaylord, MI

#11 Jan 4, 2015
The sherrif is corrupt. The county gov't is full of nepotism and bought seats. Building inspectors are bought. The local grocer sells green meat and expired goods. Sons and daughters of jugheads and meth freaks keep the "family tradition" going by inbreeding and hitting the pipe. Drive past this cesspool of human misery.......don't stop.
Higaki

Gaylord, MI

#12 Jan 4, 2015
Nearly never left wrote:
I kind of like this place and I've lived here all my life, in the same house on Norway street. It's a safe place and I have trouble with people that rag on my town. Really I do. And the drug situation could be a lot worse than it is. At least Kalkaska isn't Detroit.
At least not Detroit? Is this the only comparison you can conceive? Go into the woods around K town....so much poor white trash on all the sideroads... SAD. I would rather be stranded in Fife Lake than walk down Norway street.

Since: Jun 15

Gaylord, MI

#14 Jun 23, 2015
buns wrote:
I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT KALKASKA ,THERE ARE ALOT OF REALLY NICE PEOPLE.I THINK PEOPLE NEED JOBS ,A NEW DOWN TOWN , AND SOME SHOPPING CENTERS,THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE TOWN ALOT.ALSO NEED TO BRING PEOPLE HERE TO VACTION,WE HAVE LOTS OF STATE LAND ,SPORTS FISHING , BRING OUT THE BEST OF WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AND THINGS WILL IMPROVE.EVERY TOWN HAS A FEW PROBLEMS ,AND YES EVERY TOWN HAS DRUGS .THE COPS NEED TO CRACK DOWN ON THE KIDS AND WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEM FROM?RAID THE SCHOOLS,AND PLACE POLICE IN SCHOOLS .I THINK THE TOWN NEEDS TO MAKE A NEW BOOK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF KALKASKA AND ALL THE HISTORIC HOMES IN THE AREA ,AND BUILDINGS.
I love the way you think. I only spent time up here in the summers for a few weeks as a child up until I was 10, maybe younger. My point is, I see a different town trying to find its identity but not quite getting the job done. For one there is allot more boss than when I was a child. I am now 40, and returning to where I was as a child yet seeing the passage of time and the changes is staggering. If you ever get to go down state, check out the little towns in Oakland county such as Milford, south Lyon, walled lake, etc..., their downtown areas are Dodd and pedestrian controlled making it impossible to ever get through the town's without seeing everything they have to offer business wise. And their downtown areas are pet friendly in the item cafe's, there are little bark parks for the dogs, and there is more of a sense of community. Especially in Milford where I was a football coach for the junior varsity team. The whole town felt cozy and welcoming immediately, a sense of community. Neighbors pitched in and helped each other with chores and were genuine.That is where I felt most welcome, and now returning to the area after 30 years, I kind of feel that potential and see some of the progress. Enough to feel comfortable but could we please do something about the traffic noise?
Test

Bradenton, FL

#15 Dec 8, 2016
Test
Kalkaska is feces

Bradenton, FL

#16 Dec 8, 2016
Kalkaska is a S H I T H O L E. Full of uneducated trash who will amount to nothing in their entire lives. Generation after generation of pure shit come out of that town. I'll undoubtedly get some flak from someone for this but anyone who's spent any amount of time there knows I'm right. If you enjoy drug addicts, horrible grammar, shitty weather, and all around trashy people...you've found your town! The cops are bad because of the over abundance of dirt bags they have to deal with on an hourly basis. Don't even think about taking your kids into this down and expecting them to get a good education. Kalkaska is like a bad episode of South Park meets Trailer Park Boys. Just avoid this dump like the plague. The Kalkaska gene pool needs a SERIOUS dose of chlorine!
Don

United States

#17 Jan 21, 2017
When the town police chief is guilty on camera assaulting his elderly neighbor you know it's a shit hole. No he wasn't fired. Good old boy club.
WATCHING LIVONIA

Dexter, MI

#18 Aug 6, 2017
criss cross wrote:
UGGG, Kalkaska SUCKS!
sounds like benzonia and buelah in benzie county. frankfort is trying to get new business and is a big tourist area. town fathers in buelah and benzonia have not been progressive. and why do city governments in northern michigan put low income housing in prime real estate areas?? why frankfort??
WATCHING LIVONIA

Dexter, MI

#19 Aug 19, 2017
Higaki wrote:
The sherrif is corrupt. The county gov't is full of nepotism and bought seats. Building inspectors are bought. The local grocer sells green meat and expired goods. Sons and daughters of jugheads and meth freaks keep the "family tradition" going by inbreeding and hitting the pipe. Drive past this cesspool of human misery.......don't stop.
sounds like benzie county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalkaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Consumers Energy to stop burning c... Feb 20 Solarman 1
News Michigan governor refuses temporary oil pipelin... Jan 29 when u will care 1
Do people still use this site Jan 27 Curiousjust 1
dear cops re:danny ray darling pierce Dec '17 sillypeople 2
ghetto trash Dec '17 No one 2
News The Latest: Michigan, Enbridge reach deal on oi... Nov '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
david mcnamara. (Aug '09) Oct '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 16

Kalkaska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kalkaska Mortgages