Do you have to ask that?

It's ok

No

I hate it

UGGG

Missing Kalkaska

Macomb, MI

#1 Jan 13, 2009
For those who say they hate it would you mind explining please. I lived there for most of my life and moved away 2 years ago and miss it terribly (hence my name)
recently moved

Syosset, NY

#2 May 12, 2009
I recently moved to Kalkaska, I only know the 2 people that I stay with, and his brother.
It seems like a decent little town, it's not a tourist only town which is good. It seems like there would be more work going on but all of Michigan is in a slump right now and I understand that.
It just kinda sucks that I have to drive to TC everyday to find a job.
Oh well Co RD 571 rock on!!!!
The Pizza at the cove - not to bad
coyotee's is the place to hang
good eats? dont really know I've only been to BK and Arby's so far.
AAA

Macomb, MI

#3 May 14, 2009
You could try going to The Wild Onion, it's a good place, but terrible name, it in Alden close by. I used to go there
criss cross

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2009
I think Kalkaska is full of drugs and losers that suck on welfare or disability. When you drive into Kalkaska, you see the sign "Room to grow" LOL, Kalkaska gives ALL businesses a hard time. The powers that be try not to have any new businesses and hinder the rest.
UGGG, Kalkaska SUCKS!
Missing Kalkaska

Novi, MI

#5 Jul 7, 2009
criss cross wrote:
I think Kalkaska is full of drugs and losers that suck on welfare or disability. When you drive into Kalkaska, you see the sign "Room to grow" LOL, Kalkaska gives ALL businesses a hard time. The powers that be try not to have any new businesses and hinder the rest.
UGGG, Kalkaska SUCKS!
Ok, first off, Kalkasa is a great little town. And yea like ALL Towns/Cities it does have some problems with drugs and drinking and stuff like that but name me one that doesn't. I personally love Kalkasa and am planning on going back there. Many people like Kalkaska.
Big T

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2009
kalkaska is full of toothless rotted losers youre right cris cross but there arent enough drugs forget your thoughts cris cross salad toss
Juliet

Warren, MI

#7 Feb 27, 2010
Big T wrote:
kalkaska is full of toothless rotted losers youre right cris cross but there arent enough drugs forget your thoughts cris cross salad toss
Some people there are losers but you find more in the cities than you do in small towns like kalkaska. They have too many drugs there, they do not need anymore, they need to get rid of what they do have, and they would be much better off. Kalkaska is a fairly safe town, in cities like roseville its alot more dangerous. Dont bag on my town. Ill argue right back.
recently moved

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2010
Okay update on ME
I'm now aoutta Kalkaska and glad to be gone.
There is NO work at all around there, there is a LOT of drugs, simple to find just go to the park by the golf coarse on 571 and see the kid in the green Chevy truck.
Or go see the yellow and white trailer on 612/571 should be a green tahoe and/or burgandy dodge ram in the drive.

I'm so glad to be out of Kalkaska and finally working after 3 days back in my (smaller than Kalkaska) home town.

As for Roseville being worse, yea I agree there being originally from the 7 mile and Kelly area I know what your talking about!

Enjoy your rotted stinkhole!!! KALTUCKY
buns

Saint Joseph, MI

#9 Apr 10, 2010
I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT KALKASKA ,THERE ARE ALOT OF REALLY NICE PEOPLE.I THINK PEOPLE NEED JOBS ,A NEW DOWN TOWN , AND SOME SHOPPING CENTERS,THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE TOWN ALOT.ALSO NEED TO BRING PEOPLE HERE TO VACTION,WE HAVE LOTS OF STATE LAND ,SPORTS FISHING , BRING OUT THE BEST OF WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AND THINGS WILL IMPROVE.EVERY TOWN HAS A FEW PROBLEMS ,AND YES EVERY TOWN HAS DRUGS .THE COPS NEED TO CRACK DOWN ON THE KIDS AND WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEM FROM?RAID THE SCHOOLS,AND PLACE POLICE IN SCHOOLS .I THINK THE TOWN NEEDS TO MAKE A NEW BOOK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF KALKASKA AND ALL THE HISTORIC HOMES IN THE AREA ,AND BUILDINGS.
Nearly never left

Central Lake, MI

#10 Apr 22, 2010
I kind of like this place and I've lived here all my life, in the same house on Norway street. It's a safe place and I have trouble with people that rag on my town. Really I do. And the drug situation could be a lot worse than it is. At least Kalkaska isn't Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalkaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Supercenter heading to Kalkaska 1 hr Concerned 2
Shame On Madonna For Not Helping Homeless Brother? (Oct '11) 8 hr Waldo Simmons 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Traverse City, MI (Jul '10) Sat justsomeguy 115
Great Lakes Water Level Slump Over, Future Unclear Dec 13 Sneaky Pete 1
Traverse City Music Thread (Sep '13) Nov 30 texas pete 26
Grand Rapids ArtPrize effects cross the globe Nov 30 Jack 2
Best DUI attorney? (May '13) Nov 30 Jack 5
Kalkaska Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kalkaska People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kalkaska News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kalkaska