Michigan man 'honestly thought' he wa...

Michigan man 'honestly thought' he was Steven Damman

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 23, 2009, titled Michigan man 'honestly thought' he was Steven Damman. In it, Newsday reports that:

John Barnes was in a hotel room at the Essex House in New York City when he and Pamela Sue Horne learned they were not brother and sister.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ponderous

Oakdale, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2009
Dude, get you dna tested against your family and leave all the other hopeful people out of it
Jack

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 23, 2009
OK....15 mins of fame are up. Back to work !
Carol

Long Island City, NY

#3 Jun 23, 2009
Ponderous wrote:
Dude, get you dna tested against your family and leave all the other hopeful people out of it
AGREED Ponderous - I would think that he would have had his DNA tested a long time ago since he is adamant about not being apart of his family.

Weird.
Carol

Long Island City, NY

#5 Jun 23, 2009
Carols Coathangar wrote:
Uhmerikwa is full of whackos. And they need a lesson in finance.
http://www.wntube.net/play.php...
I NEVER open links in TOPIX, AND I certainly would NEEEEVVVER open one from YOU (or from any of your other characters either).

You're weird too like Barnes - maybe he shares your DNA - you should get in touch with him.
LI_Mom

Stony Brook, NY

#6 Jun 23, 2009
John Barnes sounds like he is mentally ill. I felt sympathy for the pain he is putting his poor family through & I agree he should have his dna tested for his family's sake.

Once John is confronted with the truth (which he will feebly try to dismiss), it will be easier for his father to stop feeling like he's guilty of some awful thing.

Even IF John actually believes this story he's telling, the way he's behaving to the family who loved him is very cruel & selfish.
Carol

Long Island City, NY

#7 Jun 23, 2009
oh - add the word "dude" to the above:

It should've read - "DUDE, I never open links in Topix ....."

I think you are confusing my being nice to you with stupidity - you couldn't be more wrong DUDE.
liner

Bronx, NY

#8 Jun 23, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
John Barnes sounds like he is mentally ill. I felt sympathy for the pain he is putting his poor family through & I agree he should have his dna tested for his family's sake.
Once John is confronted with the truth (which he will feebly try to dismiss), it will be easier for his father to stop feeling like he's guilty of some awful thing.
Even IF John actually believes this story he's telling, the way he's behaving to the family who loved him is very cruel & selfish.
Agree with you. I feel especially bad for his father. How must he feel now?
edk

AOL

#9 Jun 23, 2009
I once thought I was Minnie Pearl..but then I looked at my toe tag and found out I was Zazzu Pitts.
Blaze

Raleigh, NC

#10 Jun 24, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
I also agree he comes forward after all these years does a DNA test finds out he is not this liitle boy and the grief he is putting is own family through must be terrible. I thought when the story first came out something was no right about it.
Farm Girl

AOL

#11 Jun 24, 2009
Who DOESN'T want to believe they're actually related to their immediate family? Meet mine!
liner

Bronx, NY

#12 Jun 24, 2009
edk wrote:
I once thought I was Minnie Pearl..but then I looked at my toe tag and found out I was Zazzu Pitts.
Zazzu Pitts? Man are you OLD!

“MI needs the death penalty! ”

Since: Jun 07

Kalkaska

#13 Jun 24, 2009
Here you have a father and other family members that are telling you that you are not this missig kid. The father provides proof positive you are not and yet you continue to believe. Time to check in to the rubber room motel before the guys with the white coats and straight jackets come for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalkaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst Car Dealers Traverse City (May '08) 8 hr Art W 114
News Michael Moore premieres surprise movie on Trump Mar 26 Hot Cupper 3
Theatre Business Mar 26 Hot Cupper 1
snapchat friends (Jan '14) Mar 22 Joseph gay 17
Review: Artisan Gallery (Aug '09) Mar 22 Shoes 21
News Canadian company proposes $20M medical marijuan... Mar 3 Bobby 1
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Feb '17 Faith 9

Kalkaska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance