Town of Libby tries to build new iden...

Town of Libby tries to build new identity, legacy

There are 14 comments on the The Associated Press story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Town of Libby tries to build new identity, legacy . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Lincoln County is a land of extremes and superlatives. It has Montana's lowest elevation and highest unemployment rate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

making good

Dublin, CA

#1 Feb 24, 2011
town of baby killers

Kalispell, MT

#2 Feb 26, 2011
this ought to be good.start packing you fools.
mike crill

Kalispell, MT

#3 Feb 28, 2011
This report will do two things as this is what this report or issue is all about.Depending on who you listen to, I expect this report to say what I have been saying since 1999, when we were told the truth as to why we are sick and dying.Instead of a health and safety issue to protect the people from something that kills you...instead allowed this known Holocaust to continue on more and more generations of entire families to be wiped out from the air that kills all who breathe.It is called TREMOLITE and TREMOLITE IS the cause of Meso, which was known in the late 60s when WR Grace tested Libby Tremolite on rats and rats died of Meso.Then EPA and OSHA did same tests in early 70s and again, rats died of Meso. Then a study done from 1979 to 2002 called Meso in Montana, counted meso deaths of people who just live next to a rail road route out of Libby, where this deadly exposure began and is now killing millions as the Latency period becomes reality...just thing all the people/families/children who could of and should of been warned when the rats died from Meso.I know three generations of my entire family would not be sick and dying today.Nor the 3000 plus who today seek medical care for their asbestosis and this does not include ALL THE CHILDREN and Grand children of those 3000 who also are walking dead and await when EPA came to Libby in 1999, they knew back in the 70s that this day would come and when it did, instead of stopping this deadly exposure or even warning people to stay away, instead, EPA spent 17,000 to advertise Libby as a safe place to live and raise a family only after EPA met with all the players and said, we have a chance to make alot of money here but we have to down play this exposure and so for over 10 years now and over $330 MILLION dollars, Libby is no cleaner nor safer than when EPA came to Libby....and since then, for over 10 years now I have continued to tell all who will listen to stay away from Libby mt as Libby is not safe to anything that breathes.And now this so called Toxicity report that has taken this long to tell the truth when the truth became known in the 60s and 70s when the rats died and the people were allowed to be poisoned/murdered and here we are today.I hope this study will stop this known Holocaust that was done to us and I do hope those guilty of this known continued deadly exposure are held accountable for the people they have killed...that includes the children.
mike crill

Kalispell, MT

#4 Feb 28, 2011
And this also goes for all of you in media who have wrote and did stories on Libby also downplaying the truth and selling Libby knowing Libby is not safe. There are many people to point fingers at and many are also guilty of lieing or downplay Libby. I ask all of you to now, print the truth and tell the truth to the truth about Libby Mt AS the town left to die from the air that kills and kills and kills as long as humans breathe the deadly air.Shame on the Media too

Essex Junction, VT

#5 Feb 28, 2011
What's all this about the rats?
mike crill

Kalispell, MT

#6 Mar 1, 2011
Rats died of Meso after given Libby Tremolite fiber(s).WR disGrace did this in late 60s. EPA and OSHA in early 70s and from 1979 to 2002, Meso in Montana which counted Meso deaths of people who just live and breathe next to a Rail road route out of Libby.only 200 reported but point is,who poisoned us??? Who did not warn, inform, protect us???And who is STILL knowingly killing more and more people/families by the lies selling Libby as safe.Why don't you educate yourself...all of you and do something positive, like helping me tell the truth to stop this known deadly exposure to Tremolite in the town left to die from the air that kills and kills and kills.
Bill Sullivian

Libby, MT

#7 Mar 1, 2011
Chunderflood wrote:
What's all this about the rats?
Hears where Mike's logic and perception fails him. Did all of the rats die of Meso - No!
The higher rates of exposure, several times higher than what was exposed to the people of Libby, was uses to gain a base line for what the exposure rate would be. In several cases most of the rats did not die of exposure. In most cases the test rats were given levels several times higher that any person would experience in their life time. This is a common scientific process. This is looking at what , and how much, would kill the rats.

This would be similar to experiments that were done on ANY substance that was suspected. Similar to the artificial sweeteners, cigarets , new drug testing. etc. thats still goes on today.
There is no doubt that some of the experiment rats died of meso, the real question is what was the level of exposure and what would be expected as a safe level of exposure.
Lets be clear,(facts that Mike continues to ignore), everyone exposed to asbestos will not get Mesothelioma! Like all types of cancers the conditions have to be right. The occurrence of Mesothelioma in people exposed to asbestos is significantly low. About the same as getting melanoma,(skin cancer), from being out in the sun for a prolong time. That and other conditions would rase your susceptibility to cancer, any cancer.

At the end of the day we have Mike Crill posting inane and unsupported information that people believe is true. Fortunately his continued diatribe falls on intelligent people who se through his personal agenda to discredit his old home town in a attempt to feel better on how he was perceived as being mistreated during his youth.

He continues to be the last of the "boys who cry wolf" in the face of an improving situation in Libby Montana.
mike crill

Kalispell, MT

#8 Mar 1, 2011
at the end of my day, I stand tall in all I do and am about. the only opp I have is the hand full of ignorant denial freaks,killing more people and children in there sale of Libby as the end, you all will have Libby and you will die with Libby as the town left to die from the air that kills and kills and kills.and I am really happy for you Phillip and your kind....BK
Bill Sullivian

Libby, MT

#9 Mar 1, 2011
Well thanks for your concern. Please try to post only facts. Be able to back them up and stop looking so stupid on this issue. You never had a clear idea on what it was , maybe you should really look into something before you talk or post about it. Good luck in the future.
mike crill

Kalispell, MT

#10 Mar 1, 2011
boy do you have a problem!!!!! mirrors in your house??? and who looks stupid on here?????BK
Bill Sullivian

Libby, MT

#11 Mar 2, 2011
Still looking for truth and fact back up with documentation from you...
asbestos expert

Kalispell, MT

#12 Mar 3, 2011
3000 Plus sick and dying by Libby air and ALL the children and Grand children of those 3000 Plus, who also are walking dead and await diagnoses.And you bastards just keep killing more and more.the truth is you are a prick and BK...need no proof as you have done a fine job here...
Bill Sullivan

Libby, MT

#14 Mar 4, 2011
Libby is safe. Even you are welcome back.

Seattle, WA

#15 Apr 5, 2011
Bill Sullivan wrote:
Libby is safe. Even you are welcome back.
he lost the lawsuit........he treated his own children badly…....they foreclosed on his 5 acres…...he is already dying…….…he is border line retarded….…he has lost every job he has ever had…..he is now a welfare bum…...his life is pathetic........MOVE TO MONTANA........FIX MIKEY CRILL……...his wife DENA works for the university in missoula she is a culinary professional at the University of Montana Dining Services....they live at 1ooo Charlo St, Missoula, MT 59802 …………mike can be emailed at [email protected]
4o6-543-66o9 or 4o6-549-o895

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalispell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mary Dana Mohr Counseling (Jul '11) Oct 6 Ang 18
Information about Kessinger Publishing (Jun '10) Sep 26 Steph G 38
possibly relocating to kalispell (May '09) Jul '16 Jcooper 59
Bigfoot, Sasquatch in Montana? (Mar '07) Jul '16 I hate u 56
what really happened to Levi (Feb '16) Feb '16 dreamcometrueinmo... 1
Millionaire TV Priest living large in Kalispell (Apr '11) Jan '16 deece 5
Vote Greg Gianforte for governor 16 (Nov '15) Nov '15 hummer 1

Kalispell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance