Kids got taken away
Donna

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Nov 28, 2009
I have a 15 year old daughter named Lisa Marie Newnum,A 14 year old son named Scott Allen Newnum and a 13 year old son named Richard Franklin Newnum. If anyone knows who they are-I am been wondering how they are doing and I think about them everyday of my life. Also their Aunt Michelle and Uncle Lee has been wondering if they are doing fine. This is your mom-Donna Alice Newnum and your dad-Scott Allen Newnum passed away on September 5th,2009. IF anyone knows my three kids- Will you please reply back to this comment.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#2 Nov 29, 2009
I don't know why your kids got taken away, but it must have been for something pretty bad if you don't have any contact information for them. You must have been ordered to stay away. I hope your kids are alright and that you are getting your life together, but don't do anything that is going to get you into more trouble.
Donna

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Nov 29, 2009
I did not do anything wrong-some one else did something wrong. I didn't know anything about it. I am getting my life together and I am not doing anlything to get in trouble.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Nov 29, 2009
I'm not judging you, but if your kids were taken away from you, there was a reason that you were deemed unfit either for your behaviors or for having them in a situation that was a danger to them. If you really love your kids and your parental rights have not been terminated, jump through every hoop required and put them first in every decision. I hope all goes well for you and the kids.
donna

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Dec 1, 2009
First it has been many years since I have seen my kids. The person that did the things only got short term jail time. Second,I am getting my life back together so I can get my babies back. I will jump through every hoop as long as it takes me. If you know them-I am wondering if they are alright or not. They have many family members wondering about them day by day.
Donna

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2010
If anyone knows who my three babies are- can you please tell me if they are alright. I am not going to give up because I think about them everyday. They have new family members that want to see them. So please if anyone knows who they are- will you please reply back to my comment.
Donna

Logan, WV

#7 Jan 15, 2010
This is Lisa Marie Newnum-age fifteen now,Scott Allen Newnum-age fourteen now,Richard Franklin Newnum-age thirteen now mom. I am wondering how my babies are doing- that's if anyone know who they are. They have new family members now. Also their Aunt Michelle and Uncle Lee are wondering how they are doing. If anyone knows how they are doing- will you please reply to my comment- Thank You!
Donna

Logan, WV

#8 Jan 19, 2010
This is Lisa,Scott and Richard Newnum mom and I am wondering if anyone knows my three babies and if you do- will you please tell me if they are doing alright? I am looking for them- so I can reunite with them again. So if anyone knows of my babies- will you please reply to my comment. Thank You!
Newnum

Greenville, NC

#9 Feb 8, 2010
These children have to be doing much better where they are now! Considering that a 4 yr old child is in the hospital because of child abuse by his mothers boyfriend, just weeks after his father passed away! Wow! Think!
donna

Logan, WV

#10 Feb 19, 2010
Newnum wrote:
These children have to be doing much better where they are now! Considering that a 4 yr old child is in the hospital because of child abuse by his mothers boyfriend, just weeks after his father passed away! Wow! Think!
I told you that I was not with that a..hole before my husband passed away. My husband meant the world to me and you probably didn't even know him. I was at the hospital with my four year old son. You probably are not married-so you wouldn't know how it is to have someone means so much to you. If this is you Malissa- you were not at the hospital-I was with my baby. Instead of putting your last name- have the courage and put your first name. And I don't have to change my last name back to my orignal last name.
former CASA

Urbana, OH

#11 Feb 25, 2010
So let me ask, Donna. Did you lose permanent parental rights to your kids after involvement with CPS, or did you lose temporary parental custody in a family court action? Your "babies" are no longer babies, they are teenagers. Are you in counseling? Have you discussed with a counselor the potential negative effects coming back into your children's lives at this point may have on them? Losing permanent custody of ones children isn't a snatch-and-run process by CPS. Experience tells me somebody else did something wrong which caused the children's initial removal, but it sounds like you're not taking ownership of what you failed to do for them back when it counted. You're still getting your life together? How long did you expect your kids to have to wait for that?? This quest is about you and your needs. Leave 'em alone. If they want to find you when they're 18 they will.
too little - too late

Urbana, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2010
donna wrote:
<quoted text>I told you that I was not with that a..hole before my husband passed away. My husband meant the world to me and you probably didn't even know him. I was at the hospital with my four year old son. You probably are not married-so you wouldn't know how it is to have someone means so much to you. If this is you Malissa- you were not at the hospital-I was with my baby. Instead of putting your last name- have the courage and put your first name. And I don't have to change my last name back to my orignal last name.
Too bad you didn't demonstrate as much allegience to your kids back when they needed you to step up for them as you later did for your husband! How many more babies did you have after you lost the first bunch? For any future kids' sake, you should get yourself together BEFORE you bring more kids into the world so they don't have to be raised by other people who are already together.
donna

Logan, WV

#13 Mar 2, 2010
too little - too late wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you didn't demonstrate as much allegience to your kids back when they needed you to step up for them as you later did for your husband! How many more babies did you have after you lost the first bunch? For any future kids' sake, you should get yourself together BEFORE you bring more kids into the world so they don't have to be raised by other people who are already together.
it is none of your bussiness about if i had any other kids or not. my husband and me were good parents and when he passed away-i still was a good parent to my babies. thank you!!!!!!!!!
Too Little Too Late

Urbana, OH

#14 Mar 2, 2010
donna wrote:
<quoted text>it is none of your bussiness about if i had any other kids or not. my husband and me were good parents and when he passed away-i still was a good parent to my babies. thank you!!!!!!!!!
If you don't want people in your business don't put it on Topix for public consumption! You've got to be present in a child's life to parent them. Parenting isn't a part-time job. To be a good parent you have to be there in order to parent at all. Sounds like years ago you decided to chose someone or something over your commitment to your children, which is not the mark of a "good" parent any way you slice it. You're certainly welcome, glad I could help.
lisa

Cicero, NY

#16 May 11, 2010
hey this is lisa and me and the boys are ok and we are in a good family who cares about us!!!! and i wanted to know if u do have more kids?? and i was also wondering if you have a phone or something so we can talk because i miss you alot... but anywho i dont really remember everything i do remember you and dad and tim and if you want me to prove this is me i will just ask me a question no one else would know and i will try to answer if i remember... and tell uncle clyde and aunt debb and the kids i say hi and i miss them... alot of stuff has happened that im not sure if you know about but if you have a phone or something we can talk about it...
malissa newnum

Kalamazoo, MI

#17 Aug 3, 2013
looked bruce little has them but dont know where. its the only info i was given but if i learn more u will be the first to know
malissa newnum

Kalamazoo, MI

#18 Aug 3, 2013
all i know is bruce little has them
malissa newnum

Kalamazoo, MI

#20 Aug 3, 2013
they wouldnt let me have you when u were taken because my apartment was to small

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Aug 10, 2013
donna wrote:
<quoted text>it is none of your bussiness about if i had any other kids or not. my husband and me were good parents and when he passed away-i still was a good parent to my babies. thank you!!!!!!!!!
Sound a bit guilty, here......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalamazoo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Sep 17 Bambi 828
News LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for leg... Aug '17 Gremlin 4
News Signs from Kalamazoo rally denounce KKK, neo-Na... Aug '17 Rick 1
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Aug '17 Fun Facts 635
News Grievance filed over mowing goats at university... Jul '17 Faith 2
Will Mattawan ever get broadband high speed int... (Oct '07) Jul '17 East Point Dr 57
Michigan Career and Technical Institute Jul '17 John 1

Kalamazoo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kalamazoo Mortgages