Reinstate the Death Penalty

Reinstate the Death Penalty

Posted in the Kalamazoo Forum

Fergus, Canada

#1 Jul 8, 2006
I think it is time that Michigan reinstated the death penalty. Many of these criminals who get out of jail do the same thing over again. How do you think it makes the parents of a child feel when they see these people on the street who have taken their childs life, or a person who was an upstanding citizen, had a job and family and then the family later see the person that killed out on the street.
Without the death penalty it is like a man with a broken leg and after x raying it put a band aid on and send him home.
If the death penalty were reinstated it would make some of these people think twice before they committed the crime, the jails wouldnt be as full and less expense for keeping them.
The time is now to reinstate the death penalty, with the terrorists growing in the communities at such a rapid pace.
It is better that the death penalty be reinstated than some distraught parent who was an upstanding citizen than having him shoot someone due to the loss of a family member and have to go to prison.
They shouldnt be left on death row as long either, before they are executed.
Good American Citizens should not have to walk in fear on any street in the USA.

Riverview, MI

#2 May 16, 2007
hi i think that the death penalty should be reinstated. i think this because i think that the criminals that kill and rape people should also be treated the same way in which they killed or raped there victim. thats why i think the death penalty should be reinstated. thank you for listening to my comment of the death penalty.

Flint, MI

#3 May 25, 2007
i think that Michigan should deffinetly have the death penalty!! its simple enough if u dont want to be killed then dont kill how hard is it ! i mean you know that killing is wrong so why do it o think that there would be less killings in Michigan and it would be a safer place to live !

Kitchener, Canada

#4 Jun 25, 2007
i think death penalty should only be reinstated when there is a need like a serious offence or crime like raping, killing people for no reason, bombing...

Kitchener, Canada

#5 Dec 11, 2007
all i have to say is you do the crime u do the time yes if you have the balls to kill somone then yes you should die but i think pedofile`s need that 2 like casterating them does nothing all hanest crimes need the death penalty i think dont you?

Etobicoke, Canada

#6 Jan 22, 2008
Kellie Greene

Deerfield, IL

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Bring it back!!!!!!!!!! Troy Tyo's ex-wife and new husband deserve it.

United States

#8 Nov 22, 2009
I think we should reinstate the death penalty in Michigan. As a Tax payer I don't think my taxes should be spent keeping a Killer alive. It cost us over $100,000.00 a year for someone like Steven Grant who killed and dismembered his wife. And there are more killers who have our tax dollars keep there sorry bodies alive. Even the Bible said to put them to death

Hyannis, MA

#9 Jul 24, 2010
Rienstate the death penalty. Why let a murderer live when thir victims weren't given the chance to. Cold blooded murderers have no redeemable qualities and should lose thier right to live as a way to repay them for taking thier victims right to live.

Framingham, MA

#10 Jun 12, 2011
I do believe that killing the death penalty was a mistake. Prisons are overcrowding, food is becoming expensive, and it's having a drain on tax payer's money.
Not only that, we need to have additional laws putting a deadline for the execution to occur no later then one year after the sentencing.
I also suggest that we make it mandatory for capital murder, rape, and multiple felonies (if a person has convicted for a third violent crime). I also believe that we need to switch back to hanging as a primary means of execution, since it's cheaper and can be done on multiple inmates.
detroit 7 mile southfield

Cedarville, OH

#11 Sep 28, 2012
yes, reinstate the death penalty, they do it again when they get out, they know they get out early, and then they get welfare money and food stamps, then they go out and join a gang and kill again, the system is dumb and corrupted, they need to look at the crimes reported, the murders that was done, and the early release of dangerous criminals, and bring back hanging and the electric chair, it give them an ideal how the victim suffer before they die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kalamazoo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Borgess Antique Mall Galesburg - JUST FYI (Oct '12) Sat Smitty49083 40
Why are you folks in Michigan so RUDE for? (Dec '10) Oct 18 Syzygy 50
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Oct 10 Lizzee 817
Mann & Hummel in Dunlap Tennessee. Oct 2 Why 1
any one know wrifton graham? (Oct '11) Sep 29 Neighbor 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Billionaire rescues Michigan city with cash to ... Sep '16 Rick 1

Kalamazoo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kalamazoo Mortgages