Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Judged:

We joined and the next day the salesman was suppose to call to make sure we were okay with our purchase. We were not and he did not call. We called and were told to call back in a couple of days. I wrote to them. Called again and was told by "Customer Service" that she would call back with information on our canceling the contract. Never heard from them on their part.

They said in promotion to come try and start a truck. It was a building lock not an automotive lock.

Free gifts for coming were junk watches.

What a scam!! BEWARE
Larry Hammond

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

What did you have to do to get your money back ?
Mark Good wrote:
We joined and the next day the salesman was suppose to call to make sure we were okay with our purchase. We were not and he did not call. We called and were told to call back in a couple of days. I wrote to them. Called again and was told by "Customer Service" that she would call back with information on our canceling the contract. Never heard from them on their part.
They said in promotion to come try and start a truck. It was a building lock not an automotive lock.
What a scam!! BEWARE
Larry Hammond

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

What did you have to do to get your money back?
Mark

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

We have not yet gotten our money back yet. They said we are members and no refunds.
We contacted the State of Michigan Attorney General's office and filed a case with them. Waiting to see what happens now.
If you get suckered in to go for some "free" prizes keep one hand on your wallet.
Jack Hott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Judged:

Thanks for the heads up they called us tonight but now we know not to waste our time! If it's to good to be true I should know better!
Tammy

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

Glad I found this web-site. I just got a call and guess what ? I have won at least two gifts, and will get a third if I can come during the week. Also, I may have the key to the 20,000.00
Thanks for posting guys, I will not wast my time.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

Tammy, are you scammer tammy?
char

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

So glad I found this also,same thing as Tammy.Thank you for taking the time to post.
Rob

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

Why do you people call this a scam? I bought the membership 2 years ago and use the campgrounds quite a bit...For Free. It is a life-time membership, so if you do camp a lot, it is a good deal. I'm geting my monies worth at least.
brian

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

All I can say is me and my wife went to the campground with hopes of winning the truck/or 20,000..and we didn't win either. But we were happy when we left with our $500.00 cash and our Disney world vacation. Now me and my wife Laura will be spending the 2nd weekend of January in sunny Orlando instead of snowy michigan.:) We also bought a membership last year and enjoyed it all summer. Our kids love the playground, and miniature golf course, and especially the great activities the activity director had going on all summer long. I would highly reccomend a membership to any family who really enjoys the outdoors.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Well some do get lucky.

We are still awaiting word from the Attorney General's office. Spring Lake did not reply to their first letter. Another was sent. Seems like Spring Lake does not give much thought to this?
bill and betty wilson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

we have been members of american campgrounds(spring lake resort) since the beginning, 1994
shame on you for writing such an un-informed commentary. mabe if you had actually used the resort and tried it out befor you cancled your membership you might have found out that this is a wonderful company. they have done every thing that they have prommised us members. New Swimming Pools, Bath Houses, Putt Putt Golf. new sewer system, and the are currently construction 150 new sites.shame on you for your negativ view of something you obviously dont know anything about
Margo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Mark Good wrote:
What a scam!! BEWARE
We were supposed to go but I came down with the H1N1 virus. What do they try to sell you? We were told that was not going to be a sales pitch for anything. May I ask what the price is? Maybe it was luck I got the virus as I really don't need any junk watches. We were told they had to get rid of all the prizes before December 31st....something to do with the State of Michigan and contests. He kept telling us he would let us know if anyone won the truck.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

We paid about $4100. We are suppose to hear back from the Attorney General the end of this month. AG sent a letter on 11/30 to SLC and told me SLC had un til 12/30 to reply as they did not reply to the first letter AG sent them the end of October.
We never used the campground. We decided to cancel right away but NO RESPONSE from SLC. Might be a good place but lousy communication skills. Customer Service?
They said the same to us. Come look around. Maybe win a truck. Two free gifts.
After joining were told that day that Coast to Coast would be sending us a package within 3 weeks for our membership to them. That was August. When i contacted C to C they had nothing on us. 3rd week of November we got a small package of papers (unopened) from them.
Try it at your own risk:(
Amanda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

I've been a member for quite some time now I love this resort they don't scam u all the people are so nice and if ur just going somewhere to win a prize u should spend ur time looking for a job instead cheap assholes lol I also won $500:) I love this resort!!!! Oh and why did u buy it in the first place if u were going to try and return it the next day after signing your name to a contract that's just dumb on your part Noew suck it up n stop blaming other people:)
Paige K

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

We were told it could take 90 min. to 2 hours but we were out in 10 minutes since we declined the offer to spend $7,000 for unlimited life long camping at numerous places (some free, some $10) for us and our family.
The vouchure for 3 days/2 nights is only good if you own an RV, we didn't know that ahead of time. We tent camp.
The key turn is on a lock in the building. We did not win.
We got two watches which our baby loves to play with, coupons for vacations and an extra gift was coupon vouchers for flights if the flight costs over $500.
The best gift, in my opinion, was a Visa offer to earn money for fuel by buying fuel with a Visa card. A $25 Visa Card is earned for every $100 spent on gas.
Was it worth the 45 minute drive? I went out to dinner with my family, so that was nice.
Rose Dorhoff

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

I cant believe Spring Lake is on here? Its Private!!!!!!! Not open to the PUBLIC!!!!! I love my park and id like it if you people would mind your buisness!!! on another note. They gifts are junk, of course they are, its a marketing tactic! Dont go unless you have an intrest in traveling or vacationing. They are a well kept secret and id appreciate it if you people kept it that way!!!!!
Debbie

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

In November 2009, we received the same invitation to come to Spring Lake and tour the facilities and possibly win a truck or $20,000 plus 3 other free gifts which of course were watches and a vacation voucher. We did not go with the intent of winning but for the tour and YES, we did buy. We were impressed with the Resort and the other campgrounds, too. We are a family of campers which includes our 9 children, 5 of whom are married and have children. We feel we got an excellent deal and will be using this for a long time! If you are campers, this is a good deal. If you are not campers, don't waste your time or the salespersons time either and definitely don't buy and then crab about it later. We are looking forward to enjoying our membership!
Former Marketing Employee

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

I used to work in the Marketing Room and the whole point of offering the gifts is to have people come in to tour the campground. The Truck is a legit prize. You have a choice between a truck and 20,000.I have seen them gather everyone to the front office and give away a check to a lucky winner. You have to come take the tour first, then you will be put in a "special" drawing. If you "qualify" meaning, if you can afford to buy a membership based on your credit you will have a chance to win. If you do not "quailfy" you are not even considered and your slip is thrown out and stored in a "NOT QUALIFIED BOX" to be forgotton until we run out of leads, and we reuse them years later in hopes your credit improved. Oh, you have to be married as well, if you are single and make the money, sorry you are out. This is illegal because it is blantant discrimination, based on income. This place is private, if you do not make over 40k a year do not even bother trying to camp there. The facilities are subpar, and the dumpsite is right next to the store where they sell food! What a classy place. The owners wife Shawna would call and act like she was Donald Trump and give every one a ridiculous quota to meet. we each had to get 20 qualified tours a week, meaning they had to be married, own a rv, and make at least 40 k a year. if not, we were fired. To get them to come out was very hard because the gifts are crap. The marketing room had a bad rodent problem,it was full of rat droppings..Yeah, Spring Lake is hardly a resort its full of people who think they own the place because they live their year round, and they are rude to the children. Its more like a retirement village.and its packed! no room to even fart!..Dont even bother coming out, why do you think these people dont have a website? the brochures are not pictures of the Kalamazoo Resort, they are pictures of the resort in New York where the Owners Live..Ray and Shawna, and they are drama filled alchoholics who pay the workers under minimum wage, and they are unfair. Screw Spring Lake!!
current worker

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

Former Marketing Employee wrote:
I used to work in the Marketing Room and the whole point of offering the gifts is to have people come in to tour the campground. The Truck is a legit prize. You have a choice between a truck and 20,000.I have seen them gather everyone to the front office and give away a check to a lucky winner. You have to come take the tour first, then you will be put in a "special" drawing. If you "qualify" meaning, if you can afford to buy a membership based on your credit you will have a chance to win. If you do not "quailfy" you are not even considered and your slip is thrown out and stored in a "NOT QUALIFIED BOX" to be forgotton until we run out of leads, and we reuse them years later in hopes your credit improved. Oh, you have to be married as well, if you are single and make the money, sorry you are out. This is illegal because it is blantant discrimination, based on income. This place is private, if you do not make over 40k a year do not even bother trying to camp there. The facilities are subpar, and the dumpsite is right next to the store where they sell food! What a classy place. The owners wife Shawna would call and act like she was Donald Trump and give every one a ridiculous quota to meet. we each had to get 20 qualified tours a week, meaning they had to be married, own a rv, and make at least 40 k a year. if not, we were fired. To get them to come out was very hard because the gifts are crap. The marketing room had a bad rodent problem,it was full of rat droppings..Yeah, Spring Lake is hardly a resort its full of people who think they own the place because they live their year round, and they are rude to the children. Its more like a retirement village.and its packed! no room to even fart!..Dont even bother coming out, why do you think these people dont have a website? the brochures are not pictures of the Kalamazoo Resort, they are pictures of the resort in New York where the Owners Live..Ray and Shawna, and they are drama filled alchoholics who pay the workers under minimum wage, and they are unfair. Screw Spring Lake!!
What ever you are just mad because u were no good at the job!!! you only have to get 10 tours a week and your post is all lies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of211
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kalamazoo Discussions

Search the Kalamazoo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jun 30 TruthBeTold 5,481
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Group claims they have found tarballs down rive... (Dec '13) Jun 15 courtney 5
wanted person faryn lee rynd info Jun 15 anonymous 1
Kalamazoo school enrollment trends stand in sta... Jun 15 madhu 1
Change Coming to Kalamazoo Promise Jun '14 demonicanthonyalbert 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kalamazoo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••