Suit filed over notorious beating

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The case involves an attack in which racial epithets were yelled By Nelson Daranciang ndaranciang@starbulletin.com A military couple has filed suit over a parking-lot beating that made national news last year ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 116 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mikey

Aiea, HI

#1 Mar 13, 2008
Haha take his money too! good for that gorilla. I hope he tries to escape and they keep him in jail longer. I bet he beats his big wife too since he was so eager to beat a small woman with her 3 year old watching.
Davey

Kula, HI

#2 Mar 13, 2008
Good for you. People like this have no aloha if they beat you because a fender bender in a parking lot. This is a good example of what not to do. Anyone that turns to this should do hard time and lose everything!
fm waianae

United States

#3 Mar 13, 2008
what ever!!!!!!!!!! the army couple should not have hit there car. and really how much money can they really get. they just mad cause they caught a beat down. If this situation happen up here in the mainland the people fm waianae maybe would have gotten away, or probation not jail time. hate crime I think not!!!. really that's calling the kettle black, White people saying it was a hate crime ( gimme a break).. now the army couple wants money (what?????) again whatever!!!
you suppose to know

Wahiawa, HI

#5 Mar 13, 2008
you suppose to know - restitution followed by reconciliation

e ho'oponopono kakou!
fm waianae

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2008
Badest Okole of ALL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you are a typical 'white trash or local trash' slut! The Paakaula family are pigs for what they did - this is not the typical local family in Hawaii - only a few act they way towards their fellow human beings. I hope they loose everything - including their home!
again I say whatever......maybe you should read the history books. I hope the army couple loose their case and yes I am from hawaii and no I am not white.
pocho

Aiea, HI

#8 Mar 13, 2008
take em to the cleaners

pay for your sins
concerned

Waipahu, HI

#10 Mar 13, 2008
Did any of them think about or even care about that poor child that was in the car? Can you imagine what that innocent little 3 year old must have been going through. It doesn't matter whether you're haole or hawaiian. Stop making excuses. Think about it--a little fender bender--was it all worth it?
Irene from Reno

Reno, NV

#11 Mar 13, 2008
I am a former resident of the State of Hawaii and as a senior citizen these kinds of acts have never stopped. Its about time the law get into the picture and put these "low life" locals where they belong, behind bars. Oh by the way I am a local and proud of it.
Von Dent

Kaneohe, HI

#12 Mar 13, 2008
Oh! Father and son saying,
"f---- haole" over and over again is not a hate crime and has nothing to do with race.

It means love in Hawaiina don't you know?
God

Honolulu, HI

#13 Mar 13, 2008
fm waianae wrote:
<quoted text> again I say whatever......maybe you should read the history books. I hope the army couple loose their case and yes I am from hawaii and no I am not white.
"Bitter, party of one. Your table is now ready. Bitter."
Creed from Waianae

Kihei, HI

#16 Mar 13, 2008
fm waianae wrote:
<quoted text> again I say whatever......maybe you should read the history books. I hope the army couple loose their case and yes I am from hawaii and no I am not white.
Brah, good thing you know stay here in the islands. Monkeys like you make the rest of us look bad.
Wayne Fukunaga

Honolulu, HI

#17 Mar 13, 2008
My vote is for this idiot and his idiot son to be locked up for Life. If this was done to a relative of mine I would not stop until 'Justice' was done...I kid you not.

There is absolutely no excuse for behavior such as this and anyone tha tthinks it's ok..or somehow 'funny'...well guess what?...YOU are next! ie...you just may the next victim of random hate crimes
Jeri J

Honolulu, HI

#18 Mar 13, 2008
These people make me sick. They give Hawaii a bad name. It was absolutely a hate crime. Had a local male been driving the car that hit the Paakaula's, there would have been no fight because it would have been a local man and everything would have been okay. But since it was a haole couple the son flew off the handle and escalated. I do my best to represent my culture and my people. Then one of 'em goes off an does something stupid like this. It's enough to make you batty.
Carole

Reno, NV

#19 Mar 13, 2008
Those Hawaiians should be ASHAMED to treat ANY person in that way; but typical for Hawaiians and Hawaii. The 'kill a haole' mindset is known world-wide. And you wonder why tourism is down???? helloooooo!!
MauiSlugbug

Ewa Beach, HI

#20 Mar 13, 2008
I hope the Dussells win their suit. The Paakaulas wouldn't be in this situation today if they just kept a cool head. I have three pieces of advice for the Paakaula family.

1. Deep cleansing breath
2. Exhale
3. Still angry? Repeat steps 1 and 2.
fm waianae

United States

#21 Mar 13, 2008
whatever!!!!!!! the point is that when the shoe is on the other foot its a bad thing that happen, and the culprit should be punish right, and the poor child should not have witness this right? well I say whatever!!!!what about other issues that concern hawaiians like the lawsuit settlement against bishop estates, or the issues of ceded lands, or education, or past history wrongs done against the hawaiians, the long wait for the akaka bill, and so on the list is long . okay okay I admit the paakaula family should not have beaten the army couple in front of there child. but if this is the only way to get national coverage of a hawaiians in the news right or wrong and possiably issues that concern hawaiians. So be it!!!!! again I say whatever. And by the way I am hawaiian and proud of it. my point is always in all my comments is what about justice for hawaiians? When will hawaiians not be treated as second class citzens? Is violence the answer? I don't know but you can look at todays events around the world and make up your own mind. As for me being from waianae and been around the world. I say maybe. I don't know. but you will get people to notice and maybe make chages. or at the very least listen and deal with you. but again whatever!!!!!!
KEVIN

Honolulu, HI

#22 Mar 13, 2008
THIS IS NOT GOOD I AM NOT HAWAIIAN AND HAVE LIVED IN HAWAII ALL MY LIFE I HAVE NOT HAD A PROB WETH HAWAIIANS AND IT IS SAD TO HEAR TO THINGS LIKE THIS GO ON NO MATTER WHAT RACE AND BELEAVE ME ALL RACES DO WRONG
Jim L

Kaneohe, HI

#23 Mar 13, 2008
Sad situation. Not about race, its more along the lines of parents not being responsible for their kid. Same situation as the St. Louis kids in Lanikai.
KEVIN

Honolulu, HI

#24 Mar 13, 2008
fm waianae wrote:
whatever!!!!!!! the point is that when the shoe is on the other foot its a bad thing that happen, and the culprit should be punish right, and the poor child should not have witness this right? well I say whatever!!!!what about other issues that concern hawaiians like the lawsuit settlement against bishop estates, or the issues of ceded lands, or education, or past history wrongs done against the hawaiians, the long wait for the akaka bill, and so on the list is long . okay okay I admit the paakaula family should not have beaten the army couple in front of there child. but if this is the only way to get national coverage of a hawaiians in the news right or wrong and possiably issues that concern hawaiians. So be it!!!!! again I say whatever. And by the way I am hawaiian and proud of it. my point is always in all my comments is what about justice for hawaiians? When will hawaiians not be treated as second class citzens? Is violence the answer? I don't know but you can look at todays events around the world and make up your own mind. As for me being from waianae and been around the world. I say maybe. I don't know. but you will get people to notice and maybe make chages. or at the very least listen and deal with you. but again whatever!!!!!!
WELL YOU SAY WHEN WELL HAWAIIANS BE TREATED RIGHT WELL I SAY ITS SOMETHING LIKE BLACKS WHEN THAY START ACTING RIGHT.AND BY THE WAY I AM BLACK
kalani

Wailuku, HI

#25 Mar 13, 2008
Hey Star Bulletin, how come you don't mention what school Alika is from. I'm sure if he went to St. Louis you would have it printed all over the place. Oh, but that would be unethical...fricken hypocrites!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kailua Kona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) 3 hr Guru 61,974
About Town | 8-29-14 Aug 29 Dody Clifford 1
Debate: Ferguson - Kailua Kona, HI Aug 19 Charles Darwin 1
Review: Paka's Smoke Shop Jul '14 Nathan 1
Review: Club Korea & BBQ (Feb '14) Jul '14 Scammed 2
Dive assault caught on film May '14 David B 1
Big Island kava bars (Dec '09) May '14 HEP C RISK 4
•••
•••
•••