Is Ex-FLDS Member Right to Blame Chur...

Is Ex-FLDS Member Right to Blame Church Members for Cat Buried Alive in Concrete?

There are 8 comments on the Phoenix New Times story from Jul 10, 2012, titled Is Ex-FLDS Member Right to Blame Church Members for Cat Buried Alive in Concrete?. In it, Phoenix New Times reports that:

Yesterday, we told you about someone burying a cat, still alive -- at the time -- up to its head in concrete in Colorado City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Phoenix New Times.

Cynthia Wood

Boulder, CO

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Thank you, Andrew Chatwin, for having the guts to do the right thing with the buried cat. Whoever put that cat into the concrete is a pathetic coward and has no respect for God-given life. Taking a life is taking a life, period. But, purposely killing a defenseless animal in the most cruel way says volumes about the perpetrator. People like this are often the ones who abuse human children as well. They should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law. The real question is: will the authorities show the courage that Andrew Chatwin did?????
deb

Ukiah, CA

#2 Jul 10, 2012
And as for that cop that laughed that the cat was buried, they need to put him under the jail.
Laurie

Novato, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2012
This makes me sick to my stomach! I am trying to find out how to contact officials in that city to express my outrage.
john

Moab, UT

#4 Jul 11, 2012
I agree to all the above posts. Unfortunately this is only one of many, many abuses against the unfortunate creatures who live within this community, Hildale, Ut. and the other FLDS cult towns.

Considering all the abuses of the animals and the men's "brood wives", children and other people who are not of the cult, I would be very happy to see them "poof", as they have done to so many others. Maybe you all could go to Kolob and your other planets that you so pray for!

No God that know of would allow you to profess and teach the hatered and cruelety that you do.
anne

Moab, UT

#5 Jul 13, 2012
I agree with John and the others who posted.
This kind of abuse against their families (wives and children) and the abuses committed against helpless creatures should not be allow to continue, it will only get worse. Where is the non-flds agencies that can but are unwilling to do anything about this?? I feel bad for the women and children who are indoctrinated into this so called religion, they are kept under such scrutiny by the men that the are truly ignorant about the world around them.

As for the torture of animals, well I could only wish the same fate for the ones that are committing these crimes. You are truly heartless!

I also live in Utah (Moab) and I too am very thankful that these people are not MY neighbors. May you all get what you deserve. That will not be a pretty place in heaven, but just the opposite!! AND NONE TOO SOON!!
Coming for You

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Hey FDLS'ers, if you treat the creatures of this earth with this kind of distgusting disrespect, you will suffer the consequences...not from GOD but from those who believe in truth.
John

Cumberland, VA

#7 Sep 16, 2012
I'm 11 and a flds girl do not judge us! We are just practing our religion and you will be damned.
ohio

Waverly, OH

#8 Sep 16, 2012
John wrote:
I'm 11 and a flds girl do not judge us! We are just practing our religion and you will be damned.
REally? You will go to hell for lying the same as stealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaibab Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FLDS Members Mob Former Follower Who Won Custod... May '15 Tazo 1
any info on helping the homeless exiled children? Feb '15 want to help 1
Polygamys Double Stardards Jan '15 DoubleStandards 1
News Crews make strides on Sitgreaves, McRae wildfir... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Greta 1
News Restrictions on fires begin on Coconino Nationa... (May '13) May '13 mark henes 1
News Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 16 to hospital (Nov '12) Nov '12 Neighbor next door 1
News Fredonia uranium mine to reopen (Apr '07) Aug '12 mike 2
More from around the web

Kaibab People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Kaibab Mortgages