Hoping for a holiday boost - Business

Hoping for a holiday boost - Business

There are 6 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 27, 2008, titled Hoping for a holiday boost - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Kailua retailers, composed mostly of small specialty shops and boutiques, are bracing for a downturn in sales this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 27, 2008
Yo Mitch D'Olier - Kailua has Foodland (& RFields), Safeway, Times, Down to Earth, The Source, and Daiei - wth do we need Whole Foods in Kailua, really? You are diluting the pond with your over-building of Kailua, and that really sucks.

Since: Sep 07

Ewa Beach, HI

#2 Nov 27, 2008
exactly. next thing we know kailua will be a retail outlet without anybody living here. We like the way it wa and many of us living here think it is over developed as it is.

Im referred to a T-Shirt by a small indy t-Shirt company called Kipikipi that expresses the painful truth and reality alot of us who have lived here for years and years are feeling:

"I Loved Kailua..."
Joe the feltcher

Pearl City, HI

#3 Nov 27, 2008
Whole foods will blow the brakes off safeway & daiei!

Bring it!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#4 Nov 27, 2008
I live in manoa and have never once been to kailua. We have lots of shopping nearby. So, Kailua will nto attract many or any shppers outside of Kailua proper.
alice

Makawao, HI

#5 Nov 27, 2008
'Pffft'

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu, HI

#6 Nov 27, 2008
alice wrote:
I live in manoa and have never once been to kailua. We have lots of shopping nearby. So, Kailua will nto attract many or any shppers outside of Kailua proper.
Knowing you will never visit Kailua really made my day. No, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 14
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr '17 Musikologist 6
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... (Mar '17) Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukmi 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Treetop rider 2

Kahului Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages