3 state Environmental Council members...

3 state Environmental Council members quit - Hawaii News

There are 61 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 2, 2009, titled 3 state Environmental Council members quit - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Three members of the state Environmental Council have quietly resigned in recent weeks, alleging the governor ignored their work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#41 Jun 3, 2009
WannaKnow FoundOut wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO! "Read a Book" made you look like a total idiot. Ooh, that's gotta hurt. I actually felt sorry for you. "Forgive me if I disengage"?? LOL. I can just see you holding up the little white flag as they wheel you off on the stretcher.
You know, I may be opinionated, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I have not sunk to the level of name calling and nastiness. If you have a coherent counter-point to make please make it. Otherwise your posts are just a waste of good electrons.
Grinchie

United States

#42 Jun 4, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Well the hounds better hurry up because 2010 is just around the corner. I don't think Aiona has much chance at this point since the machine (democratic party + unions) is already on a war footing. If Abercrombie, the crown prince of pork, is elected, you'll get a real lesson on how the power of the purse strings can dictate policy.
Be patient [Lefty], the Courts are jammed full of Corrupt politicians that are in line ahead of Lingle.

Did you take your meds today? I think you made a mistake in choosing the moniker [Lefty] instead of [Righty], but it does let us know what a spineless individual you are.

Why is it that the Republicans are so infatuated with impersonating Liberals? Could it be that you are so ashamaed of being associated with the Republican side of things that you have to escape it using the most primitive means possible?

Abercrombie is the man. At least he stands for something, while [Duke]?? Aiona is nothing more that a Lingle supplicant, courting the Religious Base the Bush did.

You really think that Aiona has a chance in hell? Hah Hah Hah.. His association with Lingle has destroyed any chance for him, because we know that he is a rubber stamp piece of furniture for the Republican party.
Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#43 Jun 4, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Be patient [Lefty], the Courts are jammed full of Corrupt politicians that are in line ahead of Lingle.
Did you take your meds today? I think you made a mistake in choosing the moniker [Lefty] instead of [Righty], but it does let us know what a spineless individual you are.
Why is it that the Republicans are so infatuated with impersonating Liberals? Could it be that you are so ashamaed of being associated with the Republican side of things that you have to escape it using the most primitive means possible?
Abercrombie is the man. At least he stands for something, while [Duke]?? Aiona is nothing more that a Lingle supplicant, courting the Religious Base the Bush did.
You really think that Aiona has a chance in hell? Hah Hah Hah.. His association with Lingle has destroyed any chance for him, because we know that he is a rubber stamp piece of furniture for the Republican party.
Another name caller. You guys are really tiresome. I don't recall endorsing Aiona. In fact I said he probably has little chance. Maybe I'm just a left handed right wing fanatic. I'm not sure what Abercrombie stands for. Perhaps you could enlighten us without the name calling and snotty attitude.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#44 Jun 4, 2009
Responding to idiots wrote:
Half of you idiots responding have no idea what the Office of Environmental Quality even do. But yet you make a comment. They have very little money and hardly any staff, yet they have to review every environmental document throughout the islands. If you took the time to see what they do you would see that they look at a lot of documents. Ignorance is bliss - some of you must be very happy people.
Easy job. I'd just buy me a big industrial shredder to handle the "paperwork"...bring it on. The only value in any of this "environment paperwork" is its recycle value for bulk, white, shredded paper.

Environment Engineers perform "busy" work. They are hired to satisfy some bogus requirement or another imposed by tree hugging reps in State and Federal government. Really...what do they do? They don't make anything. They just push paperwork and SAY no...you can't do that.
American Patriot

Honolulu, HI

#45 Jun 4, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Be patient [Lefty], the Courts are jammed full of Corrupt politicians that are in line ahead of Lingle.
Did you take your meds today? I think you made a mistake in choosing the moniker [Lefty] instead of [Righty], but it does let us know what a spineless individual you are.
Why is it that the Republicans are so infatuated with impersonating Liberals? Could it be that you are so ashamaed of being associated with the Republican side of things that you have to escape it using the most primitive means possible?
Abercrombie is the man. At least he stands for something, while [Duke]?? Aiona is nothing more that a Lingle supplicant, courting the Religious Base the Bush did.
You really think that Aiona has a chance in hell? Hah Hah Hah.. His association with Lingle has destroyed any chance for him, because we know that he is a rubber stamp piece of furniture for the Republican party.
Aberscumbee is a traitor to his Race...Hawaii can have this piece of shite.
intheknow

Honolulu, HI

#46 Jun 4, 2009
The Environmental Council members are paid NOTHING; they are volunteers appointed by the Governor and they are not tree-huggers or right-wing whacko's. They are all pretty middle of the road, some own businesses, some work for NGO's, some are educators, some are professionals. All of them care about people and the environment and Hawaii. I am so surprised at how many uninformed people thinks its okay to write complete fiction here when they must know they don't KNOW any of the facts!
IgnoranceIsScary

Honolulu, HI

#47 Jun 4, 2009
It is frightening to see people speaking out in total ignorance and stupidity! Please, do a little research before opening your mouth and embarrassing yourself!

Members of the Environment council volunteer their time and expertise with no pay. They actually sometimes spend their own money to attend and participate in meetings. They do hours and hours of pro bono work just because they are concerned citizens!

Fact is that the SuperFerry would still be running if Gov. Lingle had followed the advice of the Env. Council, and most other experts in her government, and insisted on an EIS way back when. It would have been finished and done before they State Supreme court got around to ruling.

Gov Lingle's actions towards the environment are in line with Bush's Republican platform. And that platform is to cut funding for science and the environment while opposing any regulation that protects the environment and impedes development.
Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#48 Jun 4, 2009
intheknow wrote:
The Environmental Council members are paid NOTHING; they are volunteers appointed by the Governor and they are not tree-huggers or right-wing whacko's. They are all pretty middle of the road, some own businesses, some work for NGO's, some are educators, some are professionals. All of them care about people and the environment and Hawaii. I am so surprised at how many uninformed people thinks its okay to write complete fiction here when they must know they don't KNOW any of the facts!
Yes, they are volunteers. That point was made. But, the article specifically said that the three members who quit accused the state of failing to provide the panel with the funds, staff and equipment they need to hold meetings and otherwise function. So, at the risk of being belittled and called names again, please tell this uninformed person-
How much does it cost to run, staff and equip this council?
What tangible product does the taxpayer get in return?
What happens if there is no council?
Giggles

Haiku, HI

#50 Jun 4, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, they are volunteers. That point was made....

What happens if there is no council?
Probably the same thing that happens when the Governor chooses to ignore their advice: The State gets stuck with some kind of ridiculous bill (like the loan and the cost of building infrastructure for a Superferry that was doomed)... or more environmental destruction (cost is no worry to taxpayers on that one -- it is their children and grandchildren who will get stuck with the bill.)
Captain Jack

United States

#51 Jun 4, 2009
Federal FTC Commission: "NOTE: The Commission files a complaint when it has "reason to believe" that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaint is not a finding or ruling that the defendant has actually violated the law. The case will be decided by the court.
The Federal Trade Commission works for consumers to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices and to provide information to help spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint in English or Spanish, visit the FTC's online Complaint Assistant. The FTC enters complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to more than 1,500 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. The FTC's Web site provides free information on a variety of consumer topics.
MEDIA CONTACT: Claudia Bourne Farrell, Office of Public Affairs STAFF CONTACT: Ethan Arenson, Bureau of Consumer Protection."
Grinchie

United States

#52 Jun 5, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Another name caller. You guys are really tiresome. I don't recall endorsing Aiona. In fact I said he probably has little chance. Maybe I'm just a left handed right wing fanatic. I'm not sure what Abercrombie stands for. Perhaps you could enlighten us without the name calling and snotty attitude.
Sorry about calling you spineless, how does the term invertebrate suit you?
Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#53 Jun 5, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about calling you spineless, how does the term invertebrate suit you?
Figured as much.
Grinchie

United States

#54 Jun 6, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Figured as much.
See Post #42. You may want to read up on the Scroll bar widget. It allows you to move up a screenful at a time and see the stuff that scrolled off the screen.

I'm sorry you are having difficult operating the Internets with your No button mouse.
Realist

Waianae, HI

#55 Jun 6, 2009
Sings Linda:

"I'm so glad we had this time together/Just to have a laugh or sing a song/Seems we just get started and before you know it/Comes the time we have to say,'so long'."

(little ear tug)

So long fellas!
Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#56 Jun 6, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
See Post #42. You may want to read up on the Scroll bar widget. It allows you to move up a screenful at a time and see the stuff that scrolled off the screen.
I'm sorry you are having difficult operating the Internets with your No button mouse.
Post 42 says nothing about what Abercrombie stands for, other than he stands for "something". I'm just trying to find out what that might be, and wondering what it has to do with 3 people resigning from a useless bureaucratic commission. Feel free to make another snotty comment if you don't have a coherent answer.
No Denying

Mililani, HI

#57 Jun 6, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
See Post #42. You may want to read up on the Scroll bar widget. It allows you to move up a screenful at a time and see the stuff that scrolled off the screen.
I'm sorry you are having difficult operating the Internets with your No button mouse.
Nice to see your facility with Internet browsing. It reflects all of time that you put in on the Internet, how very dependent you are on it, and how valuable it is to all of us on a daily basis even as we take it for granted. Yet another example of DoD technology that has been directly applied to benefit our daily lives!
Grinchie

United States

#58 Jun 6, 2009
No Denying wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see your facility with Internet browsing. It reflects all of time that you put in on the Internet, how very dependent you are on it, and how valuable it is to all of us on a daily basis even as we take it for granted. Yet another example of DoD technology that has been directly applied to benefit our daily lives!
Yep, they are able to plant mythology, lies and propaganda into the public mind at will. They have access to images of every square inch on earth, but have to block out certain airfields because their afraid people might notice how much pollution, waste and abuse is occurring on their tax dollar.

The Internet is just an obsolete piece of technology that happened to be useful in the Civilian Sector. When the Military unveils the good stuff they hide behind cloaks of National Security, we'll most likely all be dead, and they will be living in an extinct magma conduit waiting for the fallout to clear.

Too bad they can't figure out a way to use less oil, instead of using more and more and more, consuming 33% of the Oil used by the United States a year. But we get the honor of paying taxes on our fuel, while they just draft another "Supplemental Budget"
Grinchie

United States

#59 Jun 6, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Post 42 says nothing about what Abercrombie stands for, other than he stands for "something". I'm just trying to find out what that might be, and wondering what it has to do with 3 people resigning from a useless bureaucratic commission. Feel free to make another snotty comment if you don't have a coherent answer.
You've got access to Google like everybody else. Why should I tell YOU, of all people, what Abercrombie stands for? It's a waste of my time to try and convince you, since you have already called him childish names and basically don't really care enough to find out.

Your Strawman diversion of trying to get me to waste time on your problem, and then stating that I don't know about Abercrombie is typical for the brain dead such as yourself.

There will come a time when you'll have to move out of the room in your mothers house and actually fend for yourself Lefty. Unless you join the Military, you won't have the supervision you require to function, so you better get your act together and learn how to research stuff you know nothing about.
Lefty

Kapaa, HI

#61 Jun 6, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got access to Google like everybody else. Why should I tell YOU, of all people, what Abercrombie stands for? It's a waste of my time to try and convince you, since you have already called him childish names and basically don't really care enough to find out.
Your Strawman diversion of trying to get me to waste time on your problem, and then stating that I don't know about Abercrombie is typical for the brain dead such as yourself.
There will come a time when you'll have to move out of the room in your mothers house and actually fend for yourself Lefty. Unless you join the Military, you won't have the supervision you require to function, so you better get your act together and learn how to research stuff you know nothing about.
Bye.
Grinchie

United States

#62 Jun 8, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Bye.
Dont't let the door hit you on the way out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) Nov 27 Big balls 5
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 14
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr '17 Musikologist 6
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... (Mar '17) Mar '17 sherrykate 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Treetop rider 2

Kahului Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages