Airline to resume flights cut in dispute - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Pacific Wings was to resume flights to Kalaupapa, Molokai, today after all Hawaii flights were canceled the past two days because of an alleged assault involving airport security and an airline employee.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
swannie

Ocean View, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Sounds like the rent-a-cops are out to show who really controls the airport.
StateTaxPayer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

What a bunch of clowns. Is this how people in Hawaii really are? No wonder you're losing tourists. They don't visit third world countries.
huh

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

StateTaxPayer wrote:
What a bunch of clowns. Is this how people in Hawaii really are? No wonder you're losing tourists. They don't visit third world countries.
why do you care?
Whats Up

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Sounds like Pacific Wings, dose not necessarly follow the rules, and then rather than work out their gripe with the state,they try to hold travelers hostage and force the State to make concessions. Now they want their own security, why not their own airport
Right On

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

These security agencies employee low grade, under-educated, cannot qualify to be, cops.

Kinda like this "security" guard low-life at this place I used to buy cigarettes from off Kalakaua Avenue, who also doubled as a janitor there.

Under-trained, given a uniform and a license to harass the People they are there to serve.

Same here. This Securitas Firm that, in my mind at least, no doubt did do what the lady said, also does security at the Circuit Court here in Honolulu.

Employed by Securitas is this one hispanic lady who uses her position to screen bags, as a license to occasionally harass the People. I have seen it.

Sort of like the former days when the Homeland Security folks at the Airport started up. In the beginning you basically got folks who liked to act tough and use that position to steal from People, and a few when to prison for that. However, there have been others who have done less yet still delay, impede and try to stall you or otherwise keep you from getting where you need to go.

I hope the Pacific Wings sues the cr_p out of the Securitas animals on Molokai, who probably are the same people that were formerly employed by Wackenhut or maybe related.
Bob

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

How old are these people, 5-years-old? Sounds like childish behavior from all involved, and in the end the only one that suffers is the customer.
vilionosai

Kapolei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

pacific wings is bad news people...2 physical altercations in approx 8 yrs..this doesn't happen to any other airline and these guys are a small operation. it take 2 to tango
Morning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

It would have been easier if they just accepted the citations and have their day in court. Problem solved.
Sour Grapes

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

vilionosai wrote:
pacific wings is bad news people...2 physical altercations in approx 8 yrs..this doesn't happen to any other airline and these guys are a small operation. it take 2 to tango
This phony airline needs to be closed. They sound pathological
Bush Pilot

Bethel, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Pac Wings has a history of treating it's employees like excrement,(this includes paying First Officers the stunning total of more or less $800/month for their work), firing captains who attempted to organize into a union earlier this year and generally running an operation that everyone in the aviation industry considers the lowest of the low.
No, I never have worked for Pac Wings and I never will (and if you think I'm making it up, go ahead and do your own research).
local

Wailuku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

The DOT should just cancel their contract with the airport. Problem solved. It's not like Pacific Wings own the land their planes sit on.
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Bush Pilot wrote:
Pac Wings has a history of treating it's employees like excrement,(this includes paying First Officers the stunning total of more or less $800/month for their work), firing captains who attempted to organize into a union earlier this year and generally running an operation that everyone in the aviation industry considers the lowest of the low.
No, I never have worked for Pac Wings and I never will (and if you think I'm making it up, go ahead and do your own research).
well said..it is a bizarre, out of control group
Otto

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

And since when does private security get to issue citations?
only in hawaii

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Otto wrote:
When private security (made up of mostly retired PDs, off-duty PDs and military) are commissioned by the SOH DOT as Law Enforcement Officers to enforce State Laws in relation to and only in relation to Airports.

With the exception of Honolulu Airport, most other airports have an established Airport Police or Transit Authority with sworn Officers/Deputies/Troopers.
Right On

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Otto wrote:
That's right.

I see other posters criticizing Pacific Wings, and perhaps that is justifiably so. I do not know the operation as these other posters apparently do, and are in a better position to inform us all.

Still, where does a Security Guard service get their authority to issue citations for defendants to appear before a Judge to answer?

Why did they not simply send the citations to the corporate office to begin with?

And, as one poster mentioned, why did not the Pacific Wings folks just take the citations?
conehead

Hauula, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

swannie wrote:
Sounds like the rent-a-cops are out to show who really controls the airport.
Maybe, but you don't know Pac Wings. They don't play well with others, it's not just the state they manage to rub the wrong way. Ask employees of other airlines about them.
realitycheck

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Seems to be a pattern and I don't see it being the security company....

Pacific Wings just needs better management.
Mr Plead Out

Bethel, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Right On wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, where does a Security Guard service get their authority to issue citations for defendants to appear before a Judge to answer?
When that authority is delegated to them by the state/county/whomever has the right to delegate such authority... we're talking about the sort of citations you get when you park your car at your friends apartment complex without a permit or in the wrong spot... Mr. Rent-a-cop comes by and puts something reminiscent of a ticket on your car.

You're also confusing a citation with a subpoena to appear in front of a judge, that is not the case, security would likely refer this matter to a collection agency if left unpaid, not to the courts.
Pualani

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Whats Up wrote:
Sounds like Pacific Wings, dose not necessarly follow the rules, and then rather than work out their gripe with the state,they try to hold travelers hostage and force the State to make concessions. Now they want their own security, why not their own airport
I agree! The State DOT should oust them. They have a history of breaking the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kahului Discussions

Search the Kahului Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun 30 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) May '14 Hurt by Katherine Huang 3
Power outage in the Pukalani area May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Teen flies to Hawaii hidden in landing gear Apr '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
•••
•••