Pasha says customers want more service - Business

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The Pasha Group of Corte Madera, Calif., said yesterday it is attempting to start interisland services in Hawaii due to multiple requests from customers here.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated May 1, 2009
aku

Kailua, HI

#1 May 1, 2009
YB always trying to squeeze more poop out of us, then always threatening to strike and deprieve us of toilet paper. Competition is always a good thing. Tell your $70,000 a year stevedores take a pay cut or the $50,000 a year Janitor take a furlough. Holy Jesus
alice

Los Altos, CA

#2 May 1, 2009
Matson is a bad carrier and exploits the population here.
macuu222

Pahoa, HI

#3 May 1, 2009
Of course Young Brothers objects to Pasha moving into their territory. YB has a monopoly on inter-island transportation. This will cut YB profits!

Pasha will introduce competition on Oahu, Maui and the Big Island. And this will help small busineses, and consumers with lower prices.
watchulike

United States

#4 May 1, 2009
aku wrote:
YB always trying to squeeze more **** out of us, then always threatening to strike and deprieve us of toilet paper. Competition is always a good thing. Tell your $70,000 a year stevedores take a pay cut or the $50,000 a year Janitor take a furlough. Holy Jesus
u really think ur prices will go down ?
manini

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 1, 2009
Don't worry. YB will manipulate some idiots to go out and rally and some activists to file lawsuits against Pasha. Just as they did in the SF fiasco. It will eventually get to the Surpreme Court who will come up with an improvised reason to keep Pasha out of the interisland market.
After the dust clears, YB will raise their rates to just to remind everyone who is in charge.
YB should change their motto from "lifeline of the islands" to "stranglehold on the islands".
dickiebird1

AOL

#6 May 1, 2009
I concur with Pasha request. Yb has a momoply in cargo handling for the islands,
Frank Denton - Hi Leasing

Honolulu, HI

#7 May 1, 2009
As a client of all three carriers, Matson, Young Brothers and Pasha I can testify that Pasha gives far superior service than the other two.
I reiterate "Far Superior".
It starts with their clerks who understand our needs. Matsonís clerks are far in land in Arizona, Young Brothers clerks are on the docks and you have to wait in line especially while they are on smoke and lunch breaks.
In scheduling and tracking, we have been forced to make ghost appointments with Matson to ensure our vehicles leave fairly promptly, only to have them bumped by a Matson "Sales Rep" in favor of bigger clients. Young Brothers usually is fair with its appointments. Pasha will even pick-up the vehicle from your agent and deliver it here in Honolulu, you do nothing, and you can track its whereabouts in transit, your vehicle ALWAYS arrives on time, and does not take another week while longshoremen unload them from containers on the pier.
Service - On a scale of 1 to 10:
Matson: 4
YB: 2
Pasha: 10
This testimonial was unsolicited, and I wrote it in the interest of getting the best service for other people, but giving credit to where it belongs.
Malama Hawaii

Kaneohe, HI

#8 May 1, 2009
Its understandable that YB would want to maintain their monopoly status within interisland shipping. Anybody in their right mind would fight for their own interests. That being said, I hope our corrupt state and greasy politicians finally do the right thing here. Competition brings out the best prices, quality and service and should be encouraged. Its the very least the politicians can do for the residents of Hawaii.
rtkona

Honolulu, HI

#9 May 1, 2009
When was it ever a good idea to have only one provider of a service?
Short Shoreman

Honolulu, HI

#10 May 1, 2009
Does the public know how Saland & Matson ship cars in individual containers?

They drive the car into the container, open the drivers window, climb out of the car with their boots on the seat, walk on the car (in their boots) to get out.

To unload they walk on the car, squeeze through the window then back out.

Pasha has a modern car carrier, the cars are never manhandled, it is a delight to watch the cars come off and others go on down at the pier, you know your property is respected.
Old Brutha

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 May 1, 2009
If YB offers a better service they have nothing to fear from Pasha. It looks like they want the whole pie- too bad, competition is better for the public. Ask Colt Brennan how he feels about the WA Redskins bringing in a new QB. "If you are not the best, you will not play." YB, are you the best? Right now, you are the ONLY. Good luck Pasha!!!
oberton

Kapolei, HI

#12 May 1, 2009
rtkona wrote:
When was it ever a good idea to have only one provider of a service?
You mean you don't think obama health care single payer is a good thing.
Voice of Reason

Kapolei, HI

#13 May 1, 2009
If Young Brothers paid the Star Bulletin more money they could have these dialog boxes not appear, you know like the way you can't comment on any stories about Hawaiian Airlines.
Taking Responsibility

United States

#14 May 1, 2009
Local mentality, "It's been this way for a 100 years, why change?" Because, time changes, climate changes, lifestyles change, so does competition. Pasha Hawaii are bringing up a quality & competition standard that local companies haven't changed or adapted themselves to. Always "dragging" their feet with their "laid-back" style. Guess what? YB & Matson, you guys have been put on notice, "Get off your 'okole and get up to par!!!"
Chinkmahoe

Honolulu, HI

#15 May 1, 2009
young bros is full of Cr@p...Just want a monopoly so they can all make 100,000 paychecks where the same positions on the mainland only pay 40K....For jobs w/ no education neccessary Corrupt and greedy. Welcome Pasha
sufer

Kailua Kona, HI

#18 May 1, 2009
Its already young brothers indians are already talking in kauai wth dude called surfer and saying you want free shipment of your boards blank from oahu to here but you have to give me a favor to, we get problem coming is Pasha coming here to serve island area, now this dude are goin other island to spread the fr#%^ words

“Too small to notice”

Since: Jun 08

Kahuku , Ka'U

#19 May 1, 2009
I did not see any mention of the fact that YB raised it's rates 17% just after the SF was pau. They said the timeing was just accidental and I say they are bad liars. As far as service to Lanai and Molokai, a gigantic YB tug and barge is way overkill. A smaller and more personal service can be started up. Competion in this small inter-island market will benefit the folks outside Oahu.
alice

Los Altos, CA

#20 May 1, 2009
Chinkmahoe wrote:
young bros is full of Cr@p...Just want a monopoly so they can all make 100,000 paychecks where the same positions on the mainland only pay 40K....For jobs w/ no education neccessary Corrupt and greedy. Welcome Pasha
that is the way we all see it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... 6 hr J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug 17 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug 14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug 11 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
•••
•••

Kahului Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kahului People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE