Starbucks to close 5 stores in Hawaii

Starbucks to close 5 stores in Hawaii

There are 86 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Starbucks to close 5 stores in Hawaii. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Starbucks Corp. has targeted five Hawaii stores as part of the 600 total stores it plans to close in the U.S. beginning this month and continuing through March 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Earl

Tularosa, NM

#101 Nov 11, 2008
andelee wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahah, this one is my favorite. I use to be a lead at SBUX (damn them, so corporate) and I use to tell my customers that Minit Stop coffee was the best! LOL!
When I lived in Honolulu I would love to go to the Lion's coffee shop on Merchant Street , down town and have a cup of their great tasting coffee and a rasin scone ! Another place I used to go to was Mary Catherine's coffee shop near the University of Hawaii on King Street (they were once at the Ward Ave. Center but moved), great Kona coffee and scones !
Carole

Reno, NV

#102 Nov 16, 2008
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> When I lived in Honolulu I would love to go to the Lion's coffee shop on Merchant Street , down town and have a cup of their great tasting coffee and a rasin scone ! Another place I used to go to was Mary Catherine's coffee shop near the University of Hawaii on King Street (they were once at the Ward Ave. Center but moved), great Kona coffee and scones !
Earl, in the 1990's Kona Coffee actually got into legal trouble because of false advertising. Their "Kona" coffee contained only 5% Kona coffee beans.....
Isle Republican

Honolulu, HI

#103 Nov 16, 2008
Starbucks was founded by greedy liberals. They had a store on every block in every city..time to cut back.. people are tired of paying for outrageously expensive lattes.
Isle Republican

Honolulu, HI

#104 Nov 16, 2008
Starbucks is overrated and overpriced.
Aiea Hi

Aiea, HI

#105 Nov 16, 2008
I work in a similar industry....
Here is a breakdown on what a 16 oz latte in Hawaii really costs:
Espresso about $.30
Milk 16 oz about $0.50
1 oz Syrup about $.10
Cup/lid/straw/napkin about $.20

Big costs...Starbuck's CEO pay (over 7million$ in 2007), rent, labor, taxes.

Your $$$ go to the fat cats.
Killa Wiffa

AOL

#106 Nov 16, 2008
They should close ten!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 19 Musikologist 11
News Hawaii Gov. Ige will let bill extending Oahu's ... Jul 1 Bozobama 5
News Maui Residents Brace For Tsunami (Feb '10) Jun '15 u never know where 3
News Maui Superferry Ruling a Blow to Company, a Vic... (Oct '07) Jun '15 Treetop rider 3
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... Jun '15 Treetop rider 2
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Jun '15 Musikologist 3
News Tam Ho not guilty in Maui incident - Hawaii News (Oct '09) Feb '15 Frustrated 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages