Mokulele trimming flights a month aft...

Mokulele trimming flights a month after jet startup - Business

There are 29 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Mokulele trimming flights a month after jet startup - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Mokulele Airlines has scaled back flights less than a month after starting jet service under a partnership with Republic Airways .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Kilauea, HI

#21 Dec 17, 2008
miss molly wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most of the people that comment on this blog
are blind partisans.
hanh?
refuelingtech35

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Dec 17, 2008
LOL
cornholio

Ewa Beach, HI

#23 Dec 17, 2008
dr_737s wrote:
Anyone want to take a guess at what Mokulele is paying Republic for the wet-lease of aircraft and personnel? Republic gets paid by Mokulele no matter what, empty, full, not flying.
How about $1.5 million a month for 2 aircraft complete with crew, personel, fuel, paint job the works?...
IrvinH

Beverly Hills, CA

#24 Dec 18, 2008
I hope Mokulele can ride out the "Economic Storm" we are experiencing. I look forward to patronizing Mokulele on my return visits to the Islands, during 2009.
economist

Aspen, CO

#25 Dec 18, 2008
There's no personal attack on the staff of Mokulele, just facts stated here that Mokulele is basically a mainland based operation with only a local name. At least the mini jet-operation is and it's already hurting from undercutting ticket prices to well below cost. It will take itself out of business quickly that way. Try to see what local airlines have invested first in our community. Which one, do you guys think, has invested the most in our local economy so far, in terms of years of service, money and caring and in our local community-way beyond expectations? Which airline is totally committed to serving the Hawaiian islands and not bailing out if it suffers? It suffered before, but never quit. Which airline has proven itself by investing in modern, new equipment and by hiring a ton of Aloha employees with genuine compassion after that abrupt shut-down last year? Which airline works on being efficient in every department every siongle day and improve it's product for a decent experience of the flying public? Of course, no one is perfect, but at least this company tries to get there every day. Their employees also have sacrificed for the good of the company and are committed to do the best job they can. Research on all four (main) competitors happpened in great detail. The results are clear. Which airline is it? You decide! If you don't know, then my friend, you have no business writing any comments in here! Go watch TV instead and get brain washed into being a better moron-consumer...Look for those special $9 one way air fares until you turn blue! Get real! Aloha
Mikey

Mililani, HI

#26 Dec 18, 2008
Think about it wrote:
There are a lot of pilots at Republic who went to work there because jobs were not available in Hawaii, there are many Hawaii born and raised pilots and FAs at the regionals, you might want to see if some didn't take advantage of this to come back home to Hawaii (the base opened on an ALL volunteer basis, noone was forcibly reassigned), before you attack them.
Yes, there are a lot of Hawaii born pilots and FAs at the regionals, including Republic and Mesa, but what they are doing is counterproductive. Think about it: the better they do in the islands, the less chance of Hawaiian expanding; thus less jobs. No one knows how long any of these mainland companies will stay and I have to believe that most, if not all, would rather work for Hawaiian. As far as I know, Hawaiian has better pay, benefits, work rules, etc. Just as the boom in regionals this past decade has slowed, and in numerous cases, reversed the growth of majors; this limits where pilots can go from the regionals. The same can be said for the growth of Island Air. If these pilot and FAs went to the mainland for the experience, then what are they doing back? They are only hurting themselves at the end.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#27 Dec 18, 2008
very true..good points.
Bob

Houston, TX

#28 Dec 18, 2008
alice wrote:
very true..good points.
I see one of your aliases and you are talking to yourself again
Mazda

Kailua Kona, HI

#29 Dec 19, 2008
Ain't she always Bob?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Jul '16 Musikologist 5
News Maui police arrest 3 in drug bust - News (Feb '09) Jun '16 Sativa 15
News Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... (Mar '16) Mar '16 DILF 10
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Police and Fire - Hawaii News (Nov '09) Jan '16 Joe Balls 4
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? (Jan '15) Sep '15 District 1 44

Kahului Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages