First Flight - Business

First Flight - Business

There are 54 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 20, 2008, titled First Flight - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Mokulele Airlines debuted jet service yesterday with a morning flight from Honolulu to Lihue followed shortly by a flight from Kona to Honolulu.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
willie

Plymouth, MI

#1 Nov 20, 2008
Mokulele - best of luck to you!
kent

Apo, AE

#2 Nov 20, 2008
How many interisland airline/flignts can Hawaii support? Enough is enough. Hawaiian and Go are pretty much all Hawaii needs.
willie

Plymouth, MI

#3 Nov 20, 2008
kent wrote:
How many interisland airline/flignts can Hawaii support? Enough is enough. Hawaiian and Go are pretty much all Hawaii needs.
Good thing this new entry (well expanded entry) started. GO! is not going to be doing business for much longer, mark my words.
Airline consultant

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Bookings for the remainder of the week are "looking very good," he said. The company's Web site, www.mokuleleairlines. com, had 140,000 hits on Monday, and is currently at about 80,000 hits a day, he said.

Here we go again. Sounds just like his friend Ornstein making all the quotes to the media that cannot be confirmed. The media rushes to print because they get free tickets. I know...the superferry is doing great too. Are you happy now Miss Governor and Mr. Mayor?

All of your transportation follies are disasters. What Hawaii really needs is competition from more people like Ornstein and Boyer to put the good airlines out of business. Maybe you should just consider supporting local companies that provide local jobs.
Haole

Burbank, IL

#5 Nov 20, 2008
and Mokulele isn't local? they the only airline based in hawaii... last i checked Hawaiian is a publicly traded Delaware corporation... at least Mokulele is incorporated here.
Kapaa

Kailua Kona, HI

#6 Nov 20, 2008
Sink the ferry NOW,Lets put the superferry OUT OF BUSINESS !!!
dudealohajoe

White House, TN

#7 Nov 20, 2008
kent wrote:
Hon, Go! ain't gonna go much longer.

I give it 3 months befo it go-es away.
porkagisebean soap

United States

#8 Nov 20, 2008
Haole wrote:
and Mokulele isn't local? they the only airline based in hawaii... last i checked Hawaiian is a publicly traded Delaware corporation... at least Mokulele is incorporated here.
I wonder if the flight att.s and pilots are local ? Kinda means a lot here .
macuu222

Kamuela, HI

#9 Nov 20, 2008
Yes and they offered $45.00 one way fares booked on their first day of operation before anyone even knew they were flying!. When I read in the paper today they started up and went to book a flight ...it was back to what the other airlines were charging!
skeptical

AOL

#10 Nov 20, 2008
porkagisebean soap wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if the flight att.s and pilots are local ? Kinda means a lot here .
I don't think so. Republic and Mukalele have a 'wet lease' agreement which usually means aircraft & crew.
skeptical

AOL

#11 Nov 20, 2008
Sorry, I ment Mukulele.
Aloha Refugee

Honolulu, HI

#12 Nov 20, 2008
At least we don't see the ridiculous $19 tickets that go! was offering. That was such a joke, in no other business do we expect companies to sell us their product at a loss. I hope Mokulele MAKES MONEY and stays profitable. Those E170 jets cant be cheap.
I fly

AOL

#13 Nov 20, 2008
Aloha Refugee wrote:
At least we don't see the ridiculous $19 tickets that go! was offering. That was such a joke, in no other business do we expect companies to sell us their product at a loss. I hope Mokulele MAKES MONEY and stays profitable. Those E170 jets cant be cheap.
It is not accurate to say that seats were sold at $19,$29. or $39. Some seats were sold at that price
but airlines have a system called Yield Management and Inventory control. It is designed to balance low price teasers with a more realistic price. The final result should be a fare that is above the airlines costs.

Of course, if your costs are out of control, then the airline has a problem.
Give Me a Break

Honolulu, HI

#14 Nov 20, 2008
The free market is all about competition. Let the best airline win this one.
willie

Plymouth, MI

#15 Nov 20, 2008
Give Me a Break wrote:
The free market is all about competition. Let the best airline win this one.
With a caveat - the best airline(s) who abide by the rules or laws.
hulalady

Anaheim, CA

#16 Nov 20, 2008
we really need more mainland to/from Hilo without connecting in Honolulu
airport.
I fly

AOL

#17 Nov 20, 2008
willie wrote:
<quoted text>
With a caveat - the best airline(s) who abide by the rules or laws.
No airlines have EVER operate outside the law. In many case the law has been "conveniently exploited"
There are many examples that I can give you. If you have one, please share it with us. E don't forget
that many time law and justice are not even related.
willie

Plymouth, MI

#18 Nov 20, 2008
I fly wrote:
<quoted text>
No airlines have EVER operate outside the law. In many case the law has been "conveniently exploited"
There are many examples that I can give you. If you have one, please share it with us. E don't forget
that many time law and justice are not even related.
Ummmm GO! using illegally obtained information to enter the Hawaiian market? I think they paid Hawaiian 50+ million and will have to pay Aloha (well their creditors anyway) an equal amount.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#19 Nov 20, 2008
good point
localboi

Kaneohe, HI

#20 Nov 20, 2008
Where's the ALOHA?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Apr 26 Aulani Alfapada 23
Review: Frank's Friendly Cars Maui Car Rental LLC (Jun '11) Feb '18 Big Al 2
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Feb '18 Musikologist 7
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) Nov '17 Big balls 5
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Treetop rider 2

Kahului Jobs

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages