Foreclosures hit Maui hard - Business...

Foreclosures hit Maui hard - Business News

There are 76 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Foreclosures hit Maui hard - Business News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Maui's main metro area was worse than the national foreclosure rate average while Honolulu appeared in the bottom half of nationwide rankings released today by RealtyTrac.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Leeward Lolo

Elgin, IL

#23 Jul 31, 2009
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean Obama, as in President of the United States of America. And it won't be the first or last Bush mess, left for someone with a brain to clean up.
He is the man residing in the White House with his wife who needs a personal staff of dozens to try to become a real first lady. ha ha ha

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/ ...

Who is the person with the brain you refer to?
dudalohajoey

San Diego, CA

#24 Jul 31, 2009
I have an idea, why don't we start a ferry system up. That could bring money to Maui and create more jobs. Think it'll help the economy of Maui? We could even call it super ferry or something like that.
One Born Every Minute

Mililani, HI

#25 Jul 31, 2009
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the lastest news from several of the gold mining companies??? The lava fields in Hawaii have huge quantities of microscopic gold in them...and each acre of land has at least $1-6 million in gold in them. The hard part is the processing, which they have just solved. They are ready to decend on Hawaii right now.
Did anyone hear/see this last week on the WSJ? Neither did I.-;)
Well heck, it wouldn't have been that far fetched. The Japanese are making millions selling bottled sea water from off of the Big Island.
Guru

Brea, CA

#26 Aug 1, 2009
dudalohajoey wrote:
I have an idea, why don't we start a ferry system up. That could bring money to Maui and create more jobs. Think it'll help the economy of Maui? We could even call it super ferry or something like that.
Nobody cares what you think. Give yourself some more light bulbs.
up4one

Mililani, HI

#27 Aug 1, 2009
The price to pay for shutting out businesses and keeping it paradise. Nothing there to offer.
Leeward Lolo

Elgin, IL

#28 Aug 1, 2009
up4one wrote:
The price to pay for shutting out businesses and keeping it paradise. Nothing there to offer.
But business won in the end. It is no longer paradise because of uncontrolled development.

Nothing uglier than row after row of ugly tract houses jammed together, stretching out as far as we can see.

Paradise was easy traffic, driving home with cane fields waving in the breeze. Now we have more orange cones than trees.
Same Old S

Mililani, HI

#29 Aug 1, 2009
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
But business won in the end. It is no longer paradise because of uncontrolled development.
Nothing uglier than row after row of ugly tract houses jammed together, stretching out as far as we can see.
Paradise was easy traffic, driving home with cane fields waving in the breeze. Now we have more orange cones than trees.
That's because many people like you want to have your cake and eat it too. And because many people like you move here, and then want to stop everyone else after you from moving here too.
alice

Kahului, HI

#30 Aug 1, 2009
Obama is helping Hawaii
dudalohajoey

San Diego, CA

#31 Aug 1, 2009
alice wrote:
Obama is helping Hawaii
Thanks hon,for the info, I'll let all the unemployed and bankrupt business's know.
Grinchie

United States

#32 Aug 1, 2009
Worst Is Yet to Come wrote:
<quoted text>When all is said and done, Obama may be known as the one who presided over our nation's fall.
And Bush will be the one that greased the skids.. Nobody is going to let Bush off the hook.. Ever...

I know you republicans would like to forget your past, but the Book on Bush is printed on Asbestos and their are 300,000,000 copies.

When it's all revealed in it's reality, the Bush "Achievements" are nothing more substantial than cheap marketing points from so uneducated hig school students.
Grinchie

United States

#33 Aug 1, 2009
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the lastest news from several of the gold mining companies??? The lava fields in Hawaii have huge quantities of microscopic gold in them...and each acre of land has at least $1-6 million in gold in them. The hard part is the processing, which they have just solved. They are ready to decend on Hawaii right now.
Did anyone hear/see this last week on the WSJ? Neither did I.-;)
Better hurry and corner the market Guru.. Your ARM's aren't going to help you.

You are welcome to all the Gold you can eat.
Grinchie

United States

#34 Aug 1, 2009
dudalohajoey wrote:
FGo ahead, you might even be able to use the Boilerplate from the Phony EIS they tried to compose.
Grinchie

United States

#35 Aug 1, 2009
up4one wrote:
Plenty of business in Hawaii, it just isn't involved with Avarice, greed and fraud. All that stuff get wiped out pretty quickly.

What Hawaii needs is for businesses to be held accountable for the mess they leave behind when they fail.
Grinchie

United States

#36 Aug 1, 2009
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Every once in a while Lolo, you hit the nail on the head on why people are angry about what the politicians allow to be done to the land.

Hawaii does not need to become like Taiwan, Hong Kong, or L.A. to be a great place to live. It was a great place to live long before European Contact ever occurred.
Guru

Brea, CA

#38 Aug 2, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bush will be the one that greased the skids.. Nobody is going to let Bush off the hook.. Ever...
I know you republicans would like to forget your past, but the Book on Bush is printed on Asbestos and their are 300,000,000 copies.
When it's all revealed in it's reality, the Bush "Achievements" are nothing more substantial than cheap marketing points from so uneducated hig school students.
what a dipshit you are.
Grungie

Mililani, HI

#39 Aug 2, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Every once in a while Lolo, you hit the nail on the head on why people are angry about what the politicians allow to be done to the land.
Hawaii does not need to become like Taiwan, Hong Kong, or L.A. to be a great place to live. It was a great place to live long before European Contact ever occurred.
it was a great place to live until you came here.
Grungie

Mililani, HI

#40 Aug 2, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Better hurry and corner the market Guru.. Your ARM's aren't going to help you.
You are welcome to all the Gold you can eat.
You won't be able to eat all that pakalolo you grow either. But at least you can stone yourself into oblivion to forget your misery. Just don't get the munchies, cuz all you'll have left to eat is the BS that you spew.
Grungie

Mililani, HI

#41 Aug 2, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably blame Bush for getting your mama pregnant with you,.
Hawaiians

Keauhou, HI

#42 Aug 2, 2009
Grungie wrote:
<quoted text>You probably blame Bush for getting your mama pregnant with you,.
damm, we all blame bush for dat one.
Voter

Kaneohe, HI

#43 Aug 2, 2009
Grinchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah hah hah Blaming Bush will never grow old. That idiot will be remembered for his stupidity and destruction of the American Constitution for centuries to come.
Dubya is a timeless idiot.
No wonder you call yourself Grinchie, you are a mean, old, dumb, s_h_i_t head.Sounds like you don't like anybody, including yourself. All you California people responding on Hawaii matters, you're all fools, Hawaii don't concern you. If you once lived here or you have family, too bad, it don't concern you. When you left you gave up your right to comment on Hawaii, you should be worried about California, you are hurting more than any other state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Apr 26 Aulani Alfapada 23
Review: Frank's Friendly Cars Maui Car Rental LLC (Jun '11) Feb '18 Big Al 2
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Feb '18 Musikologist 7
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) Nov '17 Big balls 5
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Treetop rider 2

Kahului Jobs

Personal Finance

Kahului Mortgages