12 isle men charged in prostitution sting

Sep 18, 2007 Full story: Maui News 10

“We don't have a huge prostitution problem here, but we just wanted to address the 'johns,' or the customers. . . . Hopefully, it will curtail the prostitution”

WAILUKU Twelve Maui men were arrested and charged with prostitution during a series of weekend police stings called "Reversal of Fortune," police reported. via Maui News

Full Story
newanarchy

Lewisville, TX

#1 Sep 23, 2007
Don't the police have better things to do.
Pompano Fred

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2007
The law should be enforced. No question. Laws which don't involve guns, victims or hard drugs should be, like, removed.

I'm tired of wasting cops time (taxpayers money) and paying free room and prison board (taxpayers money) on crimes that frankly, centuries old, and as long as humans are humans, not real likely to simply disappear anytime soon.
Pompano Fred

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2007
"crimes that ..are.."
Diedre

South Bend, IN

#4 Sep 24, 2007
why is it a crime when two consenting adults exchange money for sex? I mean its done in marriage and dating all the time. If the police took more time chasing down drug dealers and would stop chasing prostitutes imagine how much better it would be. They should legalize prostitution and we could start making sure its a safer thing for the women out there.
john blahuta

AOL

#5 Jan 19, 2009
prostitution is as old as mankind and will always be there in one way or another.
The woman who "loves" her husband, so she does not have to work, is the wife of a dr., lawyer etc., has a nice house etc etc. prostitution, just nby another name. i rather respect the "ladies" who walk the streets and are HONEST and don't pretend they love you, but : x costs you n50 bucks, v 100 etc.
Boycott Maui

Seattle, WA

#6 Jan 31, 2009
I spend 1000's every year on vacation (on legal things) in this wonderful place and Have been offered every thing from weed to heroin on the streets, just about daily when I am there. Not sure if this was male male prostitution deal or if the actions of the police were less than homophobic but regardless hetero or homo its stupid. I'll find another Island State to spend my hard earned money in.
James

Wailuku, HI

#7 Feb 7, 2009
Murder, stealing, and self made drugs are illegal worldwide, but prostitution isn't. So, is it really a crime? Who's law is it breaking? Besides, Nevada found a way to legalize it and it is called a Brothel. Bunny Ranch in Nevada is up and running strong!!! So, is it government law or just a states on personal belief of it?
Pompano Fred wrote:
The law should be enforced. No question. Laws which don't involve guns, victims or hard drugs should be, like, removed.
I'm tired of wasting cops time (taxpayers money) and paying free room and prison board (taxpayers money) on crimes that frankly, centuries old, and as long as humans are humans, not real likely to simply disappear anytime soon.
James

Wailuku, HI

#8 Feb 7, 2009
I agree! If Nevada can do it and other countries, why can't the other states do it too?
Diedre wrote:
why is it a crime when two consenting adults exchange money for sex? I mean its done in marriage and dating all the time. If the police took more time chasing down drug dealers and would stop chasing prostitutes imagine how much better it would be. They should legalize prostitution and we could start making sure its a safer thing for the women out there.
john s

Kihei, HI

#9 Sep 5, 2010
sure they got a couple of guys and busted them on it, but did they ruin anyone's life over it? once their name hit the paper you bet it did.
old school

Amarillo, TX

#10 Apr 4, 2011
what is the big deal about a women makin money to for what she has to offer i know what it is its tax free money and the power to be are the real pimps they mad they not gettin there cut lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug '14 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Kahului Dating
Find my Match

Kahului Jobs

Kahului People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kahului News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kahului

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]