Superferry to add 2nd daily trip to Maui

Apr 19, 2008 Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin 32

“An afternoon voyage will benefit our customers who want the convenience of traveling later in the day”

The Hawaii Superferry said yesterday it will add a second daily voyage to Maui starting May 9. The afternoon service will operate on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, leaving Honolulu at 3:30 p.m. and ... via Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“American”

Since: Feb 08

Makawao

#1 Apr 19, 2008
I think the HSF underestimated the amount of Mauians that would like to go to Oahu vs Oahuians comming here. This might work better for them so We have a return trip
alice

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 19, 2008
true..but Lingle's corruptions have now been exposed.
commonaina

Camarillo, CA

#3 Apr 19, 2008
In light of the current situation with the unstable airline market we do need an alternative way of travel between the islands. If the superferry is not for you. I can ferry you on my outrigger canoe and i promise we will not harm any whales or damage the fragile enviroment.
OmomoME

Kapaa, HI

#4 Apr 19, 2008
They can barely fill their seats now. (LOL) High seas are ahead for this floating disaster. Interesting how they're doing the same thing here, taking reservations for that second trip when they haven't been approved by the PUC yet. Shall we say, we'll see the entire scenario of it's initial launch to Maui stopped all over again. (LOL)
OmomoME

Kapaa, HI

#5 Apr 19, 2008
commonaina wrote:
In light of the current situation with the unstable airline market we do need an alternative way of travel between the islands. If the superferry is not for you. I can ferry you on my outrigger canoe and i promise we will not harm any whales or damage the fragile enviroment.
I'm almost positive your outrigger canoe will not kill a whale. Unless you have a SUPER Outrigger canoe.(LOL)
manakuke

Honolulu, HI

#6 Apr 19, 2008
Omomo ME the other thread can be accessed off the Star Bulletin page.
OmomoME

Kapaa, HI

#7 Apr 19, 2008
manakuke wrote:
Omomo ME the other thread can be accessed off the Star Bulletin page.
MAHALO!

AUDIT OF THE SUPER FERRY!

http://starbulletin.com/2008/04/19/editorial/...
GO SLOWLY

Ewa Beach, HI

#8 Apr 19, 2008
1. I bet the SuperFerry carbon emissions is less than what toll it takes on the enviroment than an airplane.

2. Hurry up and get the Kauai route going so I can bring my cars in Kauai to Honolulu so there will be less cars on side of the road in Kauai.
Brown man

Kaneohe, HI

#9 Apr 19, 2008
Why? is the demand for service up or is that you cant go to Kauai so you go to Maui twice. It doesn't make sense to me.
commonaina

Camarillo, CA

#10 Apr 19, 2008
OmomoME wrote:
<quoted text>I'm almost positive your outrigger canoe will not kill a whale. Unless you have a SUPER Outrigger canoe.(LOL)
I offered premium poi/poke as an offering for my exemption for the Super Outrigger Canoe. There was a clause for an enviromental impact in regards to sanitation since i had no restrooms on the Super Outrigger Canoe. The officals wanted Kala $$$$ instead. So to avoid the whole kickback process i settled for the outrigger canoe.
jrboy

Haleiwa, HI

#11 Apr 19, 2008
Brown man wrote:
Why? is the demand for service up or is that you cant go to Kauai so you go to Maui twice. It doesn't make sense to me.
Cuz...kauai peeps is ugly to da SF. foget about dem guys. SF bringing stuff and peeps to maui. plus the business guys can go roundtirp in one day.
Big Okole

United States

#12 Apr 19, 2008
Maui has twice the population of Kauai which is probably why they are increasing the Maui service before they start service to Kauai.
manakuke

Honolulu, HI

#13 Apr 19, 2008
Nah, Linda the SuperFairy and basic greed.

Since: Mar 08

Honolulu, HI

#14 Apr 19, 2008
manakuke wrote:
Nah, Linda the SuperFairy and basic greed.
True.
MuffiFUBAR

Honolulu, HI

#15 Apr 19, 2008
Makawao Bill wrote:
I think the HSF underestimated the amount of Mauians that would like to go to Oahu vs Oahuians comming here. This might work better for them so We have a return trip
Then how come so many cars here with license plates starting with "M", you fart sniffer?
Tilapia

Lahaina, HI

#16 Apr 19, 2008
Spoke to a bread delivery person. If aloha pilots strike, SF would be a viable option, provided the weather is good or the brown bread would be green.
Tilapia

Lahaina, HI

#17 Apr 19, 2008
MuffiFUBAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how come so many cars here with license plates starting with "M", you fart sniffer?
Rental cars registered on Maui and then sent over to Oahu.
commonaina

Camarillo, CA

#18 Apr 20, 2008
Tilapia wrote:
<quoted text>Rental cars registered on Maui and then sent over to Oahu.
That is correct, i had a M license plate. When i lived on Oahu. I bought a used car that was formerly a car rental. People asked me if i was from Maui? I didnt know why till a Maui person told me that was a Maui plate.

“American”

Since: Feb 08

Makawao

#19 Apr 20, 2008
MuffiFUBAR wrote:
<quoted text>
You Dodo bird. I think the SF would have even a bigger clientle of Mauians wanting to go to your overcrowded dangerous trashed island. How many TVR owners could go get building materials and bring them back on top of thier SUV. Lots! But the HSF doesnt even think to offer a day trip for Mauians..it has to be an overnighter! Its wrong.
jake

Princeville, HI

#20 Apr 20, 2008
IF YOU NO LIKE RIDE NO RIDE.......LIKE THEM SELF PITTY CRY BABY PROTESTERS WHO HIT PEOPLES CARS....INSULT PEOPLE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW...LET AIR OUT THE TIRES OF CARS.....WHICH IS A CRIMINAL ACT....PROBABLY DIDNT EVEN GET INTO TROUBLE........STAY HOME!!!!!! NOT TO MANY WAVES TO SHARE HERE......PARKING IS ALREADY TOUGH.....OH WAIT I SOUND LIKE IM FROM MAUI AND KAUAI......ITS OKAY COME ON OVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kahului Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug 30 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Kahului Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Kahului Jobs

Kahului People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kahului News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kahului

Personal Finance