Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8232 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Heres your sign

Mcpherson, KS

#8060 Sep 17, 2013
Bard Avaulta is a type of transvaginal surgical mesh sold in recent years for repair of pelvic organ prolapse and female stress urinary incontinence. A number of similar products were introduced and sold by other manufacturers, which have been associated with reports of problems that develop following surgery.
The number of transvaginal mesh complaints has continued to increase nationwide since the FDA issued warnings in 2011 about reports of problems following surgery.
In addition to the lawsuits over Bard Avaulta mesh, Judge Goodwin is also presiding over more than 22,000 similar product liability complaints involving products manufactured by other companies, including 8,967 American Medical System (AMS) mesh lawsuits, 5,232 Boston Scientific mesh lawsuits, 7,751 Ethicon mesh lawsuits, 435 Coloplast bladder sling lawsuits and about 118 Cook Medical biologic mesh lawsuits.
Following a series of bellwether trials in the Bard Avaulta litigation, Judge Goodwin has also scheduled early trial dates involving other products over the next year. Lawsuits involving AMS mesh are expected to begin on December 3, 2013 and May 6, 2014. Trials involving Boston Scientific mesh are scheduled to begin on February 11, 2014, June 17, 2014 and September 9, 2014. Finally, an Ethicon Prolift mesh lawsuit trial is scheduled to begin on August 19, 2014.
In June, it was reported that Endo Health Solutions reached AMS vaginal mesh settlements to resolve an unspecified number of claims against the company’s American Medical System’s subsidiary for $54.5 million.
Following these early trial dates, if settlement negotiations do not result in the resolution of additional cases, thousands of individual lawsuits could be remanded back to U.S. District Courts throughout the country for individual trials.
In New Jersey state court, Judge Higbee is also presiding over more than 4,400 mesh lawsuits against Ethicon, which is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. At least one trial over Ethicon’s Gynecare mesh went before a New Jersey state court jury in March 2013, resulting in a verdict of $11.1 million in a case brought by Linda Gross of South Dakota.
All Meshed Up

Payson, AZ

#8061 Sep 17, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
When asked a legitimate question I try to answer, if possible, as quickly as I can. I research, make phone calls and will follow up as necessary.I would ask the same of those that ask the question and have asked for help. It really works better that way. Otherwise, what is the point? I do this to try to help not for fun. Bruce posted a request for Mesh Victims to contribute info for a wide ranging study concerning symptoms, medical care( or lack thereof ) and generally the experiences with Mesh. Want to guess how many folks have called or mailed? Zip. Zero. Nada. No body! It is one of my bug-a-boo's about what we are all experiencing. People in genuine pain are worried about what is happening to them and want/need info to help them make decisions. We, who have been on here many years, have attempted to do that. But when WE ask for help to try to help EVERYBODY we get the proverbial crickets in the background. I asked last year for anybody that had received letters from the FDA about their case to contact me. Zip. Zero. Nada. I just got out of the Hospital Saturday after four days of hell dealing with another infection.As I sit here I am not feeling very well but what do I do? I check the Forum and see if there is another Mesh Victim that needs help. Let's try and make this a two way conversation and a location to try and help all the Mesh Victims. I will do all I can to get information when asked and if I ( or Bruce ) ask for contributions could you help us? Otherwise what the Hell are we doing this for.......
You are asking too much of the "forum" and yourself - the good part of TOPIX is for people to learn and console one another about a topic. That is it. You are taking an activist view and want to help mesh victims - very noble. But most of the posters here need second and third medical opinions along with a honest lawyer - that is it.
For my money the Medical Device News Desk is the go to site for up to date information.
AMU - heal yourself from your latest repair and reduce your own stress for speedy recovery G
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8063 Sep 18, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking too much of the "forum" and yourself - the good part of TOPIX is for people to learn and console one another about a topic. That is it. You are taking an activist view and want to help mesh victims - very noble. But most of the posters here need second and third medical opinions along with a honest lawyer - that is it.
For my money the Medical Device News Desk is the go to site for up to date information.
AMU - heal yourself from your latest repair and reduce your own stress for speedy recovery G
Not a repair. There is no "repair" for me at this point. I would not classify me or what I ( and others )do in investigating and disseminating facts about the various Mesh products as being an"activist". Having been on this forum for many years we have had posters raging about the Doctors and the Manufacturers that are selling, promoting and installing Mesh. We have recent posters wanting to know about what the Hell is going on with their lawsuits and why the Lawyers no longer respond. We have others coming on here and questioning the FDA's role in this entire mess. I have come to the conclusion that we have all been Guinea Pigs and are now slowly being swept under the carpet. Lawyers are making mass amounts of money. Doctors are making mass amounts of money as are the Manufacturers from a product we all are convinced is very bad for the Human Body. I recognize that rage as my own and the way I deal with it is to read, collect and disseminate what I find in the hope that we can resolve our particular problem.I do not think of myself as the Caped Crusader for the Mesh Victims of the World. My Hero is Bruce Rosenberg who through all adversity and personal loss has and continues to get to the bottom of the Mesh Mess. I guess I am wrong then that Victims do not want to be personally responsible for what is happening to them and take an aggressive stance as to their recovery. I have always been a person who will fight through adversity and I sure as Hell do not like or accept what has happened to me. So if no one is willing to stand and fight this. To help those who are, then I guess my time is wasted.....Best Wioshes
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8064 Sep 18, 2013
For those that are attempting to get a Lawyer or are in the que to be part of an MDL please be aware that the Lawyer you are signing with is going to be part of perhaps 100 Lawyers that give all of their cases to Migliori or to the Mueller Firm as the conduit to the MDL case. You may get $10-14,000 but the Lawyer who you signed up with will get $50,000 (as did the lawyers for the Kugel MDL) FOR EVERY VICTIM SIGNED. And Migliori or Mueller or whoever pockets the rest.The Lawyer YOU signed with most likely NEVER entered the Court House.I know of Lawyers that were flabbergasted by the checks that "poured" in for what was for them a couple hours work. Please keep that in mind when you sign that contract and place your hope and future on that settlement.
Jerri Silver

New York, NY

#8070 Sep 23, 2013
Hi Nonie! Do you know about Essure, the so-called permanent birth control procedure? Thousands of women are suffering exactly the same way as the mesh victims. The Essure devices that are placed in the fallopian tubes are made up of metal alloys that include nickel and also contain PET fibers! They are designed to cause chronic inflammation that the FDA and the manufacturer always knew would never stop while the woman is implanted. Our FB group is called Essure Problems and currently has 2300 women who collectively have most of the symptoms on your list for surgical mesh :( I can replace "surgical mesh" every place in your incredible article with "Essure". We cannot sue because Essure was given pre-market approval by the FDA. This protects the manufacturer from being sued no matter how severe the damage may be. Please go to essureprocedure.net to learn about Essure. Erin Brockovich set this site up to expose the dangers of Essure and has taken up our cause. Also, visit us on FB t Essure Problems.We desperately need your help to get Essure taken off the arket and hold the manufacturer ( now Bayer) accountable. Thank you.
Mesh Victim

Gilbert, AZ

#8071 Sep 23, 2013
Jerri Silver wrote:
Hi Nonie! Do you know about Essure, the so-called permanent birth control procedure? Thousands of women are suffering exactly the same way as the mesh victims. The Essure devices that are placed in the fallopian tubes are made up of metal alloys that include nickel and also contain PET fibers! They are designed to cause chronic inflammation that the FDA and the manufacturer always knew would never stop while the woman is implanted. Our FB group is called Essure Problems and currently has 2300 women who collectively have most of the symptoms on your list for surgical mesh :( I can replace "surgical mesh" every place in your incredible article with "Essure". We cannot sue because Essure was given pre-market approval by the FDA. This protects the manufacturer from being sued no matter how severe the damage may be. Please go to essureprocedure.net to learn about Essure. Erin Brockovich set this site up to expose the dangers of Essure and has taken up our cause. Also, visit us on FB t Essure Problems.We desperately need your help to get Essure taken off the arket and hold the manufacturer ( now Bayer) accountable. Thank you.
Before I had the pelvic mesh I was told to get the Essure by my urogyn but I opted not to, I would have been even more screwed. I am pretty sure Essure can be removed and it is suppose to be removed after several years. The problem with the pelvic mesh is that it becomes part of your body, and trying to remove it is like removing "rebar out of the sidewalk without damaging the sidewalk" per Dr. Margolis. That is why there are only few surgeons in the country who can remove the mesh but I think most obgyns can remove the Essure. I do realize because of the sensitive location, it would cause painful scar tissues even after removals. I will never trust that is touted as FDA approved or cleared, they are working for the big pharma and not for the public safety, but we have no other choice but to try to work with them. All the Essure victims have to go to the FDA site and fill out the MAUDE injury info. This is the only way FDA will put out a warning like they did with the pelvic mesh. Pelvic meshes were cleared similarly to Essure.
Bernie

Arvada, CO

#8072 Sep 25, 2013
Due to fall after taking arimidex/radiation, suffered a fall and fractured the left ankle.
The result of the fall was two abdominal hernias one of left side and one of the right side. Had the hernias repaired on Sept. of 2010. The left healed but the one did no heal. Apparently, the right hernia was affected by the Prolene Mesh, the mail nerve located in the right groin is pinching. This is one living hell I have not had a good day for a long time. I have seen many doctors with no luck. Going to the pain clinic. This only works temporary. Need a more other treatment. Don't know who to see. Please help!
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8073 Oct 2, 2013
Bernie wrote:
Due to fall after taking arimidex/radiation, suffered a fall and fractured the left ankle.
The result of the fall was two abdominal hernias one of left side and one of the right side. Had the hernias repaired on Sept. of 2010. The left healed but the one did no heal. Apparently, the right hernia was affected by the Prolene Mesh, the mail nerve located in the right groin is pinching. This is one living hell I have not had a good day for a long time. I have seen many doctors with no luck. Going to the pain clinic. This only works temporary. Need a more other treatment. Don't know who to see. Please help!
There is a Dr Richard Hahn in Denver that does Nuerectomy surgery that may or may not help. The problem being that the damage to the nerves has been done and is not easily fixed. I have been using a Tens unit lately that "Overloads" the nerve and that does help temporarily. All in all I have not heard of anything that will positively, 100% relieve the pain from the nerve damage. Hope this helps a bit. Best of Luck and Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8074 Oct 2, 2013
Sweden outlawing Gyno Mesh? Interesting.....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8075 Oct 3, 2013
Here's an interesting piece of info I found from 2011. It is a petition to the FDA to restrict the use of Gyno Meshs and to make the public aware of the dangers involved with Gyno Mesh. Check out this site.....http://www.citizen.or g/documents/Petition_to_Ban_Su rgical_Mesh_for_Transvaginal_R epair_of_Pelvic_Organ_Prolapse .pdf
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8076 Oct 5, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, please do not use my moniker. Secondly, I try to answer questions asked by posters. I would then request that when I ask a question in trying to help said poster, I would like a return answer. If said poster wants help, they should participate. That is the "learning" part. Ok? Next, I do try to console folks that come on here and are in distress. When they ask about what is happening to them or options that they might be able to check out, I, and many others, will give our opinions or experiences.( still part of that learning thing )In that way we try to educate those victims. Along with that comes the responsibility as a Mesh Victim to report your Mesh problems to the FDA's MAUDE data base. That part not only helps establish the Victim's experience with the FDA but hopefully will help ALL Victims by adding to the number of filed complaints. There are too many Mesh Victims that are sitting back and allowing the system to nullify their situation with Mesh. They believe that they can get a Lawyer just because they have had a Mesh Implant. Those Mesh Victims believe that because they have been implanted by a Medical Device that is faulty that they are going to get the "Big Bucks". They believe the advertisements put out by Vulture Lawyers that they will win "Millions" in settlement. Nothing could be further from the truth is 99% of the cases! So I ask Victims to participate and be pro-active for themselves and for the rest of the Mesh Victims out there. That is the only way that the FDA will be forced to finally admit what Mesh is doing. We will not win by sitting around with our thumbs up our butt crying and wailing about our situation.If that is being an Activist, so be it. Jane Ackers Med Watch site IS a great place to learn about what is happening concerning Mesh. But she is predominantly writing about Gynecological Mesh problems. That will soon change. Mesh, whether Gyno or Hernia is made of the same materials and cause the same conditions. We all have to be pro-active by contacting the FDA. Senators and Congressman( if they ever come back!). How else are we going to make a change? This Forum was developed to not only inform Mesh Victims but to educate them as to THEIR rights AND responsibilities if they want to make a change for themselves and others. Yes, we console and we educate. But along with that comes responsibility too. All Bruce and I want is when WE ask for help or information that the Victims that we have been trying to help for many years would reply in kind! Is that too much to ask? Or is that just too damn activist for you? If so then we waste our time trying to help those who ask it of us........Best Wishes....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8077 Oct 5, 2013
Thanks for thinking I'm a nut and incendiary with my Posting.Other than that do have any other comments.....
riverrat

Lewiston, MN

#8078 Oct 5, 2013
my first mistake was to write down the johnsons law firm from texas,, there all dam crooks.

get a lawfirm from your state and sue in your state
Lin

Eastaboga, AL

#8079 Oct 6, 2013
AMU :} ;( Ok it must be that the mesh is making us all nuts. I perfer Walnuts, Pecans, Mr.Peanut. Ha Ha Just had throw a laugh in the mix. Someone has to fill the shoes. It's just ashame that people can't see outside the box, that the hours that you& Bruce many others have spent on personal research that you all have done and shared with everyone. Thank's Guys & Gals :)
Lin

Eastaboga, AL

#8080 Oct 6, 2013
Hi AMU from GJ,Co. just getting laptop out of repair shop for software updates. just logged on to see new updates, I see you have a twin using your ID from AZ. So whats up with that?
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8081 Oct 6, 2013
Lin wrote:
Hi AMU from GJ,Co. just getting laptop out of repair shop for software updates. just logged on to see new updates, I see you have a twin using your ID from AZ. So whats up with that?
Hello Lin! Nice to hear from you again! I'm not sure why this "gentleman" is not only using my moniker but is not fond of my postings either. Can't please everyone! Hope you and your are doing Ok. Best Wishes........
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8082 Oct 6, 2013
riverrat wrote:
my first mistake was to write down the johnsons law firm from texas,, there all dam crooks.
get a lawfirm from your state and sue in your state
Hey there River Rat.....Yep, I have to agree with you.....The Johnson firm dropped me after I signed a contract with them. I was supposed to have a conference call that day that some little girl called and told me very abruptly that I "No longer fit their criteria" and hung up on me. I was with them for 3 months before they changed their "Criteria". In fact I got turned down by 2 more law firms last week. I gotta be up to 2 or 3 dozen now. Some I have talked to are genuinely upset that they cannot get a case for me. The others couldn't give a damn. After the R.I. MDL I have no faith in any of these jerks... Take Care River Rat and stay in touch......Best Wishes
All Meshed Up GJ Co

Whitewater, CO

#8083 Oct 7, 2013
To the "gentleman" in Payson Arizona.....If you want to chime in, please do. When I come on here it is to help folks. If you want to be complacent about your condition then so be it. I believe that Mesh Victims not only want to hear from other Victims but to have as much pertinent information as possible. That would include who to contact about their Mesh problems and why. If the FDA continues to ignore the Mesh problem ( Gyno and Hernia ) then we as Victims need to pressure our elected officials and regulatory offices to bring about change.The more FDA MAUDE data base complaints made the better etc! Or you can sit on your couch and wait for a change that you have not helped bring about. I wonder why you would disagree with that? People will feel better about what is happening to them, even when it is bad, if they have a way to change or alter that situation. Empowering Victims with the information to not only help themselves but ALL Mesh Victims is what Bruce and I have been trying to do for many years now. I know you have talked to Bruce because I do know who you are. You have asked for help and information from both of us. Yes, I may ask a lot of Mesh Victims on here but they ask a lot of us also. What Bruce and I have found and continue to deal with in our battle with the FDA is that we cannot get any help from the Victims that we are trying to help! So who is asking to much? The Victims that will not participate or answer questions or the few that are trying to make a change for the good of ALL Victims of Mesh? So,if you have a problem with me or Bruce for what we have and continue to try and do, then so be it. But do not put me down for that attempt. Go back to "consoling" and I will go back to fighting.......and please get another name for your self and do not use mine........
Angie

Jackson, MS

#8084 Oct 7, 2013
No, but I've had problems with CR Bard Mesh Perfix PLUG lot number HUVD2168. I have had the hardest time trying to find a lawyer who will take my case being that it was for a Hernia Mesh removal. the problems I've been experiencing are no concerns with the lawyers I've contacted thus far.
Angie

Jackson, MS

#8085 Oct 7, 2013
I had surgery in July 2011 I'm trying to find a lawyer who's still taking information associated with the Hernia repair using CR Bard Mesh Perfix Plug. It shouldn't matter that it didn't involve a vaginal implant. The same symptoms still exist as it relates to the pain and problems I've been experiencing. Can someone please offer some advice or informative information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Trump protesters march in Fort Worth 12 hr Dea Tea 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue CheeseSniff 1,050
News In Blue Mound, turning the valves on a new city... (Oct '15) Jan 14 Mosaic pollutes 24
Pig martin 10 day vacay Jan 13 Hold My Beer 2
Secchi whitaker dvorak Jan 10 question 2
Stop Hiding, Name the Cop Pubic Servant Jan 9 Micha Johnson hero 2
News Wendy's employees reportedly refused to serve F... Jan 9 Micha Johnson hero 2

Justin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Justin Mortgages