Leta s roll: Bus service to Arlington...

Leta s roll: Bus service to Arlington clears final hurdle

There are 5 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Leta s roll: Bus service to Arlington clears final hurdle. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

The Fort Worth Transportation Authority on Monday approved bus service to Arlington as a two-year pilot project and also lowered fares for college students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

toots

Arlington, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Whooo Hooo!!!! How ya like them apples Truth?
Truth

Boerne, TX

#2 Jun 18, 2013
toots wrote:
Whooo Hooo!!!! How ya like them apples Truth?
It is a pilot project that I think will be good for our city. Bus service to UTA has been needed for a long time. However, it doesn't mean that Dart busses will be running down the streets of Arlington yet. The city will still need to vote on a 1 cent sales tax for Dart to move in permanently. At this time there is not enough room in our sales tax cap to include a extra 1 cent sales tax. We will have to wait until our share of paying for Cowboys stadium is done,(estimates are by 2019), before the 1 cent sales tax is brought to the citizens of Arlington for a vote. At least this is what my city councilman in our area of Arlington tells me.
toots

Arlington, TX

#3 Jun 18, 2013
The city does what they want and if they want to increase sales tax they will regardless of what you want.
Truth

Boerne, TX

#4 Jun 19, 2013
toots wrote:
The city does what they want and if they want to increase sales tax they will regardless of what you want.
No they won't. It is a state law that the city sales tax for all cities in Texas be no higher than 8.5% They can't raise it any higher than that. Our city tax is now 8.0%. That leaves only .5% left. Not enough, sorry.
Truth

Boerne, TX

#5 Jun 19, 2013
Sorry, after I looked up the state sales tax cap, I found I was wrong. The sales tax cap for any city in Texas is 8.25% not 8.5% like I first reported. That's even less room or .25% less room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) 10 hr TexasD 271
Stalker in the North Fort Worth area PLEASE read Fri Joan 1
News Numbers decline in unvaccinated Denton County s... Fri ADVERSE EVENTS 1
TCU removes Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity for hazi... Thu Clayton Reis 1
jasmin ura Aug 24 Rey 1
Brake job Aug 23 Studder 1
Paschal LGBT Club Aug 23 Mike Good 3

Justin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Justin Mortgages