5th Ward Alderman to Resign due to Re...
drop it

Chicago, IL

#115 Nov 26, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>Its not over til the fat lady sings... and shes nowhere ready.
Really Greg, you're beating a dead horse. Move on.......
Greg thomas

United States

#116 Nov 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
The City Attorney from a reputable and respected law firm gave an opinion that there is legally nothing that can be done at this time. Just how much legal expenditure do you want to put into this non winable issue.
It costs nothing for a tax payer to bring this to the attention of David Orr the official that interprets election law for the county.... Its free!
Neighbor

United States

#117 Nov 26, 2012
Good luck with that "taxpayer".
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs nothing for a tax payer to bring this to the attention of David Orr the official that interprets election law for the county.... Its free!
Homework

Chicago, IL

#118 Nov 26, 2012
Well Mr.Ensing voted in this last election for the President,He voted on the 6th but someone said he had moved out of the Condo he rented the 1st. Now if all of you did your homework you'd know that there is something wrong with this PICTURE. He voted at Bremen Township hall,which is o.k. if in fact he really did live there at the time.
Is he going to wait till the election on April 9th so this present Mayor if he wins can appoint whomever he wants? or is he going to step down and take it like a man.? Were not saying he wasn't a good Aldermen but he gave away Taxpayers money for a building [uno's on Cicero Ave] that sit empty,while we the Taxpayers pickup the tabs. Oh well what else is new in this town.the lights went out 4 years ago..When This Mayor got a new position for his right hand MAN!
Greg thomas

United States

#119 Nov 27, 2012
Homework wrote:
Well Mr.Ensing voted in this last election for the President,He voted on the 6th but someone said he had moved out of the Condo he rented the 1st. Now if all of you did your homework you'd know that there is something wrong with this PICTURE. He voted at Bremen Township hall,which is o.k. if in fact he really did live there at the time.
Is he going to wait till the election on April 9th so this present Mayor if he wins can appoint whomever he wants? or is he going to step down and take it like a man.? Were not saying he wasn't a good Aldermen but he gave away Taxpayers money for a building [uno's on Cicero Ave] that sit empty,while we the Taxpayers pickup the tabs. Oh well what else is new in this town.the lights went out 4 years ago..When This Mayor got a new position for his right hand MAN!
He doesnt want Kuspa to name his replacement.... Hes circulating petitions for Kuspas opponent.
Greg thomas

United States

#120 Nov 27, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Good luck with that "taxpayer".
<quoted text>
First I dont need luck.
second at least I pay taxes here in Oak Forest unlike a certain alderman.
the best man

Oak Forest, IL

#121 Nov 27, 2012
Homework wrote:
So what if he voted in Oak Forest? Rahm Emmanuel voted absentee while in the White House and President Obama comes in person to Chicago to vote! Mr. Ensing is far from being a right hand man. He is more like the black sheep because he doesn't always vote like everyone else.
Neighbor

United States

#122 Nov 27, 2012
Before people post they should attempt to verify they know what they are talking about. As far as his voting in the Presidential election he did nothing wrong. Are you advocating that anyone in the country that moves within 30 days of the election should be ineligible to vote? Check Illinois Election Code.

Also, SO WHAT? What does that have to do with this thread at all? The question is, should he be allowed to remain as alderman. If you are suggesting that he is acting in an unscrupulous manner, you are just making yourself look ignorant.
Homework wrote:
OF Resident

Harvey, IL

#123 Nov 27, 2012
OMG PEOPLE!!!! You People really need to get a life. If Alderman Ensing is within the law, you all just need to get over it! He obviously did his homework and read up on the law before he made his move out of town. This all boils down to a bunch of haters, and past loser, who don't like the fact that there is some new blood in our town. Maybe this is exactly what are town needs, new blood.... So what, he had to move out of town, everyone was quite aware of what he was doing. All this hype because one alderman is still upset that she lost to him and another because he is jealous of him. People of the 5th ward, don't fall into this B.S. You know that Alderman Ensing is good for this town, and we need more Aldermen just like him. Because God knows, all these good ole boys, haven't done crap for our town.
exactly

Chicago, IL

#124 Nov 27, 2012
OF Resident wrote:
OMG PEOPLE!!!! You People really need to get a life. If Alderman Ensing is within the law, you all just need to get over it! He obviously did his homework and read up on the law before he made his move out of town. This all boils down to a bunch of haters, and past loser, who don't like the fact that there is some new blood in our town. Maybe this is exactly what are town needs, new blood.... So what, he had to move out of town, everyone was quite aware of what he was doing. All this hype because one alderman is still upset that she lost to him and another because he is jealous of him. People of the 5th ward, don't fall into this B.S. You know that Alderman Ensing is good for this town, and we need more Aldermen just like him. Because God knows, all these good ole boys, haven't done crap for our town.
This is exactly right. I am not a resident of the 5th ward, but I support Alderman Ensign. Ive watched the council meetings on TV and he is good for this town! I hope he is with us for a Long Time. All the Haters need to move on.......find something productive to do with all your spare time!
Greg thomas

United States

#125 Nov 27, 2012
exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly right. I am not a resident of the 5th ward, but I support Alderman Ensign. Ive watched the council meetings on TV and he is good for this town! I hope he is with us for a Long Time. All the Haters need to move on.......find something productive to do with all your spare time!
No hater here........ Just a concerned citizen
buying votes

Chicago, IL

#126 Nov 27, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>No hater here........ Just a concerned citizen
Concern yourself with something more important.......getting Hank out of office!
Greg thomas

United States

#127 Nov 28, 2012
buying votes wrote:
<quoted text>
Concern yourself with something more important.......getting Hank out of office!
For once I totally agree... Who's running?
Neighbor

United States

#128 Nov 28, 2012
So far the only one I have heard of, and can't confirm it, is Pat Gordon.
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
For once I totally agree... Who's running?
Ron

Chicago, IL

#129 Nov 28, 2012
I would hope that there be someone to run against all the positions that are up for election!

Mayor, City Clerk, Treasurer, 2nd, 4th and 6th ward Adlermen. School Boards, Park District and Library Boards.

All of these spots should have a challenger for the upcoming election. If you want good representation, you need to find good folks that will be willing to not only be the rubber stamp, not talk transparency, but also do what they say! It is time for this mayor and city clerk to be put to the curb, they have done nothing! Also the Aldermen that have been a no question or concern seat holder should also be sent to the showers!

If you can say that there has been no progress in this town the last four years then it is time to move in another direction!
Colleen

Harvey, IL

#130 Nov 28, 2012
Ron wrote:
I would hope that there be someone to run against all the positions that are up for election!
Mayor, City Clerk, Treasurer, 2nd, 4th and 6th ward Adlermen. School Boards, Park District and Library Boards.
All of these spots should have a challenger for the upcoming election. If you want good representation, you need to find good folks that will be willing to not only be the rubber stamp, not talk transparency, but also do what they say! It is time for this mayor and city clerk to be put to the curb, they have done nothing! Also the Aldermen that have been a no question or concern seat holder should also be sent to the showers!
If you can say that there has been no progress in this town the last four years then it is time to move in another direction!
I agree with you completely Ron and suggest you be the first one to put your name on the ballot for one of these positions. I would be delighted to vote for both you and Greg Thomas because you two would undoubtedly do a bang up job.
Hank

Chicago, IL

#131 Dec 3, 2012
Enough.Why don't you get mad about the Municapal Tax you pay! The 15.00 Dollars added onto the Water before the Meter ever turns over. The 1% sales Tax? If you don't get this Mayor out of that seat, Who knows what he'LL do next hire another Mayor? Another P.W. Director that doesn't know what is going on and Yes Paying this POLICE CHIEF money you don't have as well as the Fire Chief. Wake up Oak Forest ,You need another Mayor working to get an I.M.R.F? Your Mayor need to open his eyes and read Roberts Rules of Order. Well got to go shop in a Town where we have a Wal-Mart as well as an Aldi's. P.S.How about you clean your whole Dias from those that VOTED for all of the above?.Yes all of them..Happy Trial to you.
Neighbor

United States

#132 Dec 3, 2012
Happy Trial? Did u mean trails or really trial?
Hank wrote:
Enough.Why don't you get mad about the Municapal Tax you pay! The 15.00 Dollars added onto the Water before the Meter ever turns over. The 1% sales Tax? If you don't get this Mayor out of that seat, Who knows what he'LL do next hire another Mayor? Another P.W. Director that doesn't know what is going on and Yes Paying this POLICE CHIEF money you don't have as well as the Fire Chief. Wake up Oak Forest ,You need another Mayor working to get an I.M.R.F? Your Mayor need to open his eyes and read Roberts Rules of Order. Well got to go shop in a Town where we have a Wal-Mart as well as an Aldi's. P.S.How about you clean your whole Dias from those that VOTED for all of the above?.Yes all of them..Happy Trial to you.
Ron

Chicago, IL

#133 Dec 3, 2012
Colleen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely Ron and suggest you be the first one to put your name on the ballot for one of these positions. I would be delighted to vote for both you and Greg Thomas because you two would undoubtedly do a bang up job.
Colleen,

I will be on the ballot for City Clerk, can I depend on your vote? How about allowing me to stop by your house to sign my petiton? I know I would be a better mananger of the taxpayers' money! So let me know when and where I can come to get your signature! Not only will I stand up to do a "BANG UP JOB", but I expect you will stand up and sign my petition!
FED UP TAXPAYER 2012

Chicago, IL

#134 Dec 3, 2012
Hank wrote:
How about the doubling of increase in the water cost itself ? Another increase coming up. Wonder what they will do with that? Don't forget the $0.03 city fuel tax they have discussed raising to .05 at budget discussions. Wonder how much city fuel tax they collected from gas station on 151&Cicero? Add to that what it costs in additional and increased fees you pay to O.F. to improve your property. How about the employees that were forced to furlough days because we in such dire financial straits ? We keep buying stuff cause it's such a good deal? By re-investing in the community with our money are they helping to recover our decreased property values ? Is that why the Oak Forest portion of my tax bill is going to increased by 20% over the last 4 years? You think if we put something in every square inch of empty space in this town it would satisfy city hall's appitite for "NEW REVENUE"? It's just one thing after another. There is a wide choice of issues to get mad over around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midlothian Mayor Yard Sign 4 min Trumbull 25
"Lou"ser Presta 14 min fyt 2
larry sighting (Feb '16) 55 min truth teller 41
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 1 hr Attention 9,557
News Mosque near Glen Ellyn to hold service for peac... 3 hr Captain Taint 5
Signs 5 hr MADIGANISM 5
results now 5 hr Hypocrite 26

Justice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance