Justice Park District Approves Plan f...

Justice Park District Approves Plan for Park Improvements

Posted in the Justice Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Park Patron

AOL

#2 Mar 30, 2011
It sounds like a good plan, Gotwald Park realy needs to be rebuilt.
oh please

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 30, 2011
Park Patron wrote:
Roy Dan, err BillyBob, sure has lots of free internet time today. He's from the PT Barnum school about there being a sucker born every minute.
d sign guy

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2011
Where is the money coming from? They lost out on $317000 from Lyons Twnsp because Dan does what he wants to do and tjhe hell with everyone else. When is the water park being installed at commissioners park?
one voter

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2011
d sign guy wrote:
Where is the money coming from? They lost out on $317000 from Lyons Twnsp because Dan does what he wants to do and tjhe hell with everyone else. When is the water park being installed at commissioners park?
Who knows if this remains to be true or just a last minute ploy to try to bolster some support for them because of the election on Tuesday. All I know is that I am tired of the negative material from these people that come to my door. I just pick it up and toss it right into the trash. My neighbor and I were just talking about how they are lacking a plan it seems but just have a lot of exaggerated garbage to say. Shame they're wasting all that money on printing, wonder who is paying for it or 'donating' it.
Another voter

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Great something is happening at the park. After that whole golf range scam. Thank you rusch family for putting us in debt at the village and the park district.
one voter

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 30, 2011
Another voter wrote:
Great something is happening at the park. After that whole golf range scam. Thank you rusch family for putting us in debt at the village and the park district.
Something 'isn't happening' at the park.

A promise of something that -might- happen at the park.

Something that the residents were promised a year ago that should have happened and failed to happen.

Right now it's another carrot dangled in front of the noses of the residents by the park district during the election season by Commissioner McGee and company.
Gotwald Park

AOL

#8 Mar 30, 2011
Park Patron wrote:
I just want to thank the commisioners for doing what should have been done years ago. I will not bring my grandchildren there because of all the dirty words written on the slides.I have lived in the area for over ten years and its been like this since i moved in. Thank you for caring about our little park.
Phil is my friend

Villa Park, IL

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Another voter wrote:
The driving range was pushed by Tony Gravits and Rich Para. Rusch and Murphy should of stood up to them. Gravits was the Park President and convinced the board to spend for it. It went bust, tax payers lost their ass, Gravits walked away and now he is supporting the PV party. Is this a great country or what?
yogi bear

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 31, 2011
Phil is my friend wrote:
<quoted text>The driving range was pushed by Tony Gravits and Rich Para. Rusch and Murphy should of stood up to them. Gravits was the Park President and convinced the board to spend for it. It went bust, tax payers lost their ass, Gravits walked away and now he is supporting the PV party. Is this a great country or what?
Why is that not surprising?
yogi bear

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 31, 2011
Gotwald Park wrote:
<quoted text>I just want to thank the commisioners for doing what should have been done years ago. I will not bring my grandchildren there because of all the dirty words written on the slides.I have lived in the area for over ten years and its been like this since i moved in. Thank you for caring about our little park.
Why didn't you contact the park district and request that they clean the park and the slides? If you did and they didn't send out any maintence crews to maintain the park sounds like they fell short of their jobs.
d sign guy

United States

#12 Mar 31, 2011
I think its time to start circulating petitions to abolish the Justice Park Dist. Via referendum. Failures on the part of the past administration and the reckless way it is being run now doesn't justify our tax dollars are being spent in a wise manner.

The Debt at the park district is staggering. I say get rid of it. It does not offer any value to the community. Example the basketball courts are locked on the weekends, the park is in poor shape and not maintained. And finally that little weasel is doing what ever he wants with total disregard of what the residents want
Disgusted with the PVP

AOL

#13 Mar 31, 2011
We must trust that village officials are doing the right thing. Are they are smarter than the residents?

The PVP will not get our trust. They have to earn it. What a joke this Puppets voice Party.
fed up

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 1, 2011
Approving a plan for improvements doesn't mean anything. The township grant is still lost, one call to the township office to fact check can tell you that. Approving the idea of entering into another intergovermental agreement doesn't mean it will happen.

Let's all approve the idea to entertain the Park District to enter into an intergovermental agreement with the Easter Bunny.

Give us something real, not ideas of promises to come.
Wheres da Money

La Grange Park, IL

#16 Apr 2, 2011
Thank you Dan and Olivia. Not only are our parks in poor condition. The Park district is broke. and the village residents have to help pay off the bonds issued by the Lyons Township.
Manager

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 12, 2011
The Park District Never Never Never Never lost the $317,000!! It was the Coalition Party that spread that rumor! It is a complete Lie!!! The Park District is in good shape, financially, and will continue improvements and maintenance for years to come! The past administration from 2000-2008 is to blame for the past decisions. We have good commissioners now who care. The 317,000 will come from Lyons Township, money that the Park District never lost!!!! The Village of Justice needs to stop spreading lies!
Bodean

Rockford, IL

#18 Apr 12, 2011
Let the truth be known that the Justice Park District lost the $317,000 and the Twnshp will acknowledge they did. Don't let this Board sell you a story like the lame duck Village Board is doing.
Manager

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 12, 2011
Bodean wrote:
Let the truth be known that the Justice Park District lost the $317,000 and the Twnshp will acknowledge they did. Don't let this Board sell you a story like the lame duck Village Board is doing.
Where are you getting this information from? The Park District has the contracts for the $317,00 if you would like for the staff and commissioners to show you! Would you like them to post every bit of information on the front door of the building because that can be arranged. Maybe if you and everyone else bashing the Park District would show up at a meeting, it can be explained in detail! How's that for some advice!?
laughing alot

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2011
I say that petitions should be circulated and say about 300 or so signatures be collected to have a referendum put on the next ballot. The vote would be to abolish the Justice Park Dist.

The JPD does not offer enough value added services to the community to justify their tax levy. I do not have any faith in Dan McGee and company turning the JPD around. The fact that they lost out on the $317000 in funding from the township is a great example of his selfish behavior. I called lyons Township and asked about the grant and was told that the park dist lost the funding because they changed their mind on the approved proposal that had been submitted in 2010

Good Job Dan ! Do everyone a favor and resign you little weasel
Little Tyke

AOL

#21 Apr 13, 2011
Wheres da Money wrote:
Thank you Dan and Olivia. Not only are our parks in poor condition. The Park district is broke. and the village residents have to help pay off the bonds issued by the Lyons Township.
The Park District broke? They have the buck$ to pay their flim flam man director J.V.$35,000 a year. Where is this money coming from?? BTW does the flim flam man live in the village, is there some kind of residency requirement? Hmm.
yogi bear

Chicago, IL

#22 Apr 13, 2011
The township says that the grant was lost.

Is the township lying?

Who wants to use the JPD? They have no facilities, the one play area in comissioners park has had bright orange snow fencing around it for months it looks like a crime scene. You can't take your kids to play on the busted and poorly maintained equiptment and all the high school kids loiter under the pavillion intimidating the younger kids anyway.

When you sign your kid up for a class that MIGHT sound interesting it gets cancelled for lack of involvement because parents want to use better park districts like hickory or bridgeview.

Last time I went to a park board meeting a year ago Dan McGee was mouthing off and raising his voice to a resident. Why do I want to deal with a board of unprofessional yoo hoos treating the residents like crap. No one wants to get involved in that park district because of his crappy attitude.

It's time for the people at the park district like the village board to stop blaming 'past administrations' they ARE the past administrations now. It's not like the current president can keep pulling out what FDR did in the 40's and blaming him for everything. Time to act like adults for a change.

Why do we need comissioners anyway if we do have a $35,000 consultant on staff. Do they just need to vote yes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 3 hr Supporters 1,587
Tokar Fest 2017 6 hr hhjkll 13
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 6 hr Voice Of The Voic... 8,885
Ridgefest and traffic fines 18 hr Jorge 2
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city shootings Wed bozo 1
What's happening to Berwyn? (Jun '06) Tue RESIDENT 557
Homeless site discovered in forest preserve. (Feb '12) Tue Eatmyshorts 11

Justice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance