midlothian mayor election
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#681 Feb 14, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>What a terrifying thought .Please spread the word Rybak is a cheat and a nobody most everyone I speak to her just laugh at the idea she thinks she can win.Wke up D quit dreaming.
If you really believe that you should not be allowed to vote, anyone with any intelligence knows this was b.s. and the only way terry and his gang of losers would win.I mean nobody is voting for him unless you are a relative or city employee.This is going to be the biggest landslide in Midlothian history.Wake up haha you must be stuck in the hot tub time machine of 2009.clinton.
sos

Midlothian, IL

#682 Feb 15, 2013
So why is it hush hush, that the FBI was here, looking at one of Terry's guys. Heard it was the great and powerful Zamier. My question is if it's true is he still active or suspended or what? Funny nothing was said about his at the meeting.
TeamRybak

Schererville, IN

#683 Feb 15, 2013
It's a shame that Gary wanted to stay with Terry. I think he should have gone with Team Rybak. Something tells me that Terry;s team orange has been reassembled. That is something we need to get rid of. Gary our friend, watch out for the bus.

Since: Jan 13

Batavia, IL

#684 Feb 15, 2013
Are there 3 open trustee spots in this upcoming election? If so than one of the trustee candidates supported by the Stephens camp will be elected...out of the 3 on Stephens ticket I would go with Gary.
TeamRybak

Schererville, IN

#685 Feb 15, 2013
BoardedUpMidlo wrote:
Are there 3 open trustee spots in this upcoming election? If so than one of the trustee candidates supported by the Stephens camp will be elected...out of the 3 on Stephens ticket I would go with Gary.
That's why Garu should have went with Team Rybak. Make it a clean sweep. Just a gut feeling but something is telling me that a BIG change is coming.It's time the Terry and crew were humbled a bit.
Midlo5

Midlothian, IL

#686 Feb 15, 2013
TeamRybak wrote:
<quoted text> That's why Garu should have went with Team Rybak. Make it a clean sweep. Just a gut feeling but something is telling me that a BIG change is coming.It's time the Terry and crew were humbled a bit.
Is this a joke I just heard Rybak is running for mayor wtf she's not to be trusted with anything she's screwed in every piddle as. Office she's been in Please this would be an embarrassment for Midlothian.
Midlo5

Midlothian, IL

#687 Feb 15, 2013
clinton wrote:
<quoted text>If you really believe that you should not be allowed to vote, anyone with any intelligence knows this was b.s. and the only way terry and his gang of losers would win.I mean nobody is voting for him unless you are a relative or city employee.This is going to be the biggest landslide in Midlothian history.Wake up haha you must be stuck in the hot tub time machine of 2009.clinton.
What a bozo seems you,it's be related to Rybak some mentality.

United States

#688 Feb 15, 2013
Midlothian is already becoming an embarrassment Midlo5...it's a shell of its former self...in the past couple months we've had the FBI looking into someone with the MPD, Halftime have a suspect fire, the old Family Pride project in limbo due to who knows what...etc. The board up companies are certainly making it big in Midlothian these days.
hey

United States

#689 Feb 15, 2013
Midlo5 what rock have you been under, just heard, that's funny.
Who is laughing

United States

#690 Feb 15, 2013
I did laugh when I TRIED to read your post. You are going to slam Ryback and defame her when you can't even write a short paragraph that is understandable? Glad you aren't supporting her, would make the rest of us look bad.
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>What a terrifying thought .Please spread the word Rybak is a cheat and a nobody most everyone I speak to her just laugh at the idea she thinks she can win.Wke up D quit dreaming.
And

Midlothian, IL

#691 Feb 15, 2013
hey wrote:
Midlo5 what rock have you been under, just heard, that's funny.
Not many people care about the mayoral election the poll numbersrove that.Get over yourself nobody except park district and bar patrons know Sharon she's a nobody I agree it's laughable she's running for mayor .One thing it does is let people who are aware of election have a good chuckle.Especially since I read in the Messenger she has a problem following rules .shes always been one to bend rules to further her agenda even when she nosed herself into the sports board .Shes one reason they had to revamp 143 s sports program , and she always
Smelled of booze even at school.Bad choice for Mayor.
And

Midlothian, IL

#692 Feb 15, 2013
BoardedUpMidlo wrote:
Midlothian is already becoming an embarrassment Midlo5...it's a shell of its former self...in the past couple months we've had the FBI looking into someone with the MPD, Halftime have a suspect fire, the old Family Pride project in limbo due to who knows what...etc. The board up companies are certainly making it big in Midlothian these days.
Lookaround many towns have closed properties and just because some idiot starts a rumor doesn't make it so.Now if it's in the Messenger like Sharon Rybaks cheating then believe .

Batavia, IL

#693 Feb 15, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>Lookaround many towns have closed properties and just because some idiot starts a rumor doesn't make it so.Now if it's in the Messenger like Sharon Rybaks cheating then believe .
The Messenger is garbage...take your own advice "because some idiot starts a rumor doesn't make it so" I will elect not to take anything from your post because you are just spreading a rumor from a letter...until I see her booted off the ballot or something more concrete than an "anoymous...cough cough Stephen's Party Letter" than I will believe your statement.
well

United States

#694 Feb 15, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>Not many people care about the mayoral election the poll numbersrove that.Get over yourself nobody except park district and bar patrons know Sharon she's a nobody I agree it's laughable she's running for mayor .One thing it does is let people who are aware of election have a good chuckle.Especially since I read in the Messenger she has a problem following rules .shes always been one to bend rules to further her agenda even when she nosed herself into the sports board .Shes one reason they had to revamp 143 s sports program , and she always
Smelled of booze even at school.Bad choice for Mayor.
Terry has been seen in public intoxicated too along with his merry men. Terry also did not follow the rules, local law enforcement can not serve subpoenas cook county is suppose too, and fact is Midlo served them. He also hired our full time lawyer cause needed medical insurance, the something for our village manager.
Sad but true

Midlothian, IL

#695 Feb 15, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Terry has been seen in public intoxicated too along with his merry men. Terry also did not follow the rules, local law enforcement can not serve subpoenas cook county is suppose too, and fact is Midlo served them. He also hired our full time lawyer cause needed medical insurance, the something for our village manager.
Terry has never smelled like booze at school Sharon did when she was involved with sports at kool mar, they did follow law when serving just because you say he didn't doesn't make it so.Sharon did break rules when collecting votes .Do you think you can make things up and make us believe you so what if our lawyer has insurance , very responsible of Terry to make sure we are covered legally at all
Times so the job comes with insurance ,lucky for him quit repeating the same thing over and over .

Batavia, IL

#696 Feb 15, 2013
Sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>Terry has never smelled like booze at school Sharon did when she was involved with sports at kool mar, they did follow law when serving just because you say he didn't doesn't make it so.Sharon did break rules when collecting votes .Do you think you can make things up and make us believe you so what if our lawyer has insurance , very responsible of Terry to make sure we are covered legally at all
Times so the job comes with insurance ,lucky for him quit repeating the same thing over and over .
Quit repeating? Isn't that what you just did? I could care less about the Village lawyer having health insurance...the question I have is the need for a full-time lawyer for the Village of Midlothian, especially with the budget issues it is facing. Also, accuse Sharon of cheating all you want...she is still on the ballot April 9, 2013 and unless that changes I'm assuming she didn't break any rules.
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#697 Feb 15, 2013
Midlo5 you should not be allowed to vote if you are that nieve, too.This is an old city corrupt pol trick along with that garbage letter to rid yourself of an opponent.I am no relative of Rybak just a concerned citizen who drank to the terry koolaid last election, but sobered up this time around.Some of these people here dont follow elections, and are so misinformed they dont even realize what a poor job the terry team is doing and how dirty of campaign they are running,its a dam shame!They need some election history and should not get a vote until they are educated.This was such a problem using these frivolous tactics to throw opponents off the ballot the state got involved to end this childish nonsense which team terry or team orange was trying to pull but got squashed,thank goodness!Do the right thing this election we all need to vote for rybak this time in 2013 .We all screwed up voting terry in last time,make it right this time vote him out!clinton
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#698 Feb 15, 2013
When you try to challenge someones petitions you do not serve a supoena to the party ever!Its almost laughable how little most of you have followed any elections over the years ,and it is sad you believe this and are allowed to vote.Terry has been elected over twenty years and didnt know this that is just plain inexcuseable.
Good

United States

#699 Feb 15, 2013
Thank you. You have written the sanest most logical post on this thread.
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Thank you BoardedUpMidlo!
I hadn't seen it because I misunderstood and thought it was put in as editorial so I didn't even notice it in the letters to the editor. But hey, I'm just cynical enough to believe that was just a ruse to get it in the paper.:) The person was editorializing after all.
Personally I don't care as much about this supposed scandal with the petitions. I feel that if the board/mayor really felt they had a strong enough case they would have proceeded with it. I mean why not proceed? It's a sure fire way to ensure he runs unopposed right? To me, them backing down (not to mention so quickly) means they knew their case was on shaky ground (or was zilch, zippo, nada to begin with).
And besides, even if I believed that Rybak had circulated her own petitions or violated any other laws pertaining to her candidacy, they still pale in comparison to how I feel about the way the village is being run and has been since Mayor Stephens got his shot at the top spot.
Rest assured though, I certainly do not place all blame at his feet. That would be grossly unfair of me as he does not work alone, but he has made some poor decisions. We do not need a full time lawyer. We do not need a full time village administrator either as Killelea and Kreis pointed out repeatedly (Killelea with data from other tons both comparable and much larger in size than us). We didn't need a village remodel that badly. Yes grant money needed to be spent, but capital improvement can be defined as a lot more than new desks and walls.
The mayor has done good, and some of the decisions made by the board were good. Give credit where it's due. Not everyone is a fan of Home Rule, but in order to pass it they passed the ordinance making it harder to raise property taxes (remember that one?). Home Rule also got us crime free housing which has already evicted some people but also supports residents that want their landlords to take better care of their properties. There were also grants obtained, streets and water main repairs and other infrastructure work done (Natalie Creek for one) since the last mayoral election. So we have things to be thankful for. I just think that we need another shakeup in the race.
Not the problem

United States

#700 Feb 15, 2013
No that's not the problem. The problem is you want to moan if things aren't how you want them to be. Help fix the issues. If you are just going to complain and make comments that you believe to be true, my opinion differs on many levels, then you should go. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Just keep changing your name and posting.
Getting Out wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the problem... The town is doing nothing to keep residents here. Simply saying bye bye is just going to get easier and there will be lots of homes for sale under 100k. It will make for interesting neighbors!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midlothian Valerie Thread Deleted 1 hr Gump 10
News 2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) 13 hr its all about them 57
Review: Glitter Starz Inc 22 hr jaden rusch 9
News 100 arrested outside of McDonalds HQ in protest... (May '14) Sun Makeit Better 4
Lost cat Sun Kristin Howell 1
Boat Launch (Jul '10) Sun dwro 36
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) Sun ONE NATION UNDER ... 8,236
More from around the web

Justice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Justice Mortgages