Panhandler at 159th Street and 71st Ct

Posted in the Justice Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Say NO to this panhandler

Tinley Park, IL

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Ever seen the guy that stands at the corner nead Sears Hardware and Sophia's Pancake House? Well, his name is Dan, and boy does he look down and out... to the tune of $100-$300 a day in generous misguided donations received. Well, poor Dan has a drug habit and thanks you for enabling him.

http://oakforest.patch.com/articles/passenger...

Daniel A. Raimondi, 41, of the 16800 block of Gaynelle Road, Tinley Park, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, after officers stopped a car he was riding in, in the 5500 block of Leslie Lane.
Officers saw Raimondi reach towards his crotch several times and noted the open zipper of his fly. Officers had Raimondi exit the vehicle and saw a clear, plastic baggie protruding from the opening of his fly.
In the baggie, officers found nine, clear plastic capsules that contained an off-white substance, which field tested positive as heroin.
Raimondi was taken to the Oak Forest Police Station, where he was processed and placed in a holding cell to await a bond hearing.
Say NO to poster above

Forest Park, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2013
As long as YOUR money isn't going into the guy's collection jar what do you care? You dont see me complaining about your use of food stamps on my tax dollar do you?

I say NO to anyone that tells other people what they can and cant do with their own freaking money.
U be out outa DA Ghetto

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 17, 2013
U all want him gone, drop him a few Hundi' and he will OD, problem solved, and you don't have to feed him in jail see win win,,, Dat was easy...
Anonymous II

Elk Grove Village, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Panhandler aint gettin my money, i guess its better than breakin into my car or stealin the gutters off my house.
Watchman

Tinley Park, IL

#5 Feb 17, 2013
He's an addict .my sister in-law says they see him at Christ hospital often for detox.
inconsiderate

Midlothian, IL

#6 Feb 17, 2013
I'm not saying panhandling for your drug habit is morally right, but the sister in law of the above poster is completely in the wrong for talking about who they see at a hospital for detox or any other condition. I'm sure there is a code of ethics regarding not discussing patient's privacy. Maybe a call to Christ is in order.
knower

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Its the HIPAA law. On a separate note I can't believe anyone gives him money. Do they really think its a homeless guy? For $100-$300 a day I should stand there with a sign.
inconsiderate wrote:
I'm not saying panhandling for your drug habit is morally right, but the sister in law of the above poster is completely in the wrong for talking about who they see at a hospital for detox or any other condition. I'm sure there is a code of ethics regarding not discussing patient's privacy. Maybe a call to Christ is in order.
Yep

United States

#8 Feb 18, 2013
You are absolutely correct. I love the people that holier than thou and say they will give a person a gift card to McD's because they don't want the person to buy booze or something else. Guess it doesn't occur to them the guy can sell that card for cash. If I choose to slip the guy a few bucks, my choice. If you choose not to, your choice. It has to be a degrading feeling standing out there begging for money. Does this guy have any history robbing people? Breaking into houses? I'd rather give him some cash than have him do that. Not my place to judge anyone. We haven't walked in his shoes, we don't know what led him down this path.
Say NO to poster above wrote:
As long as YOUR money isn't going into the guy's collection jar what do you care? You dont see me complaining about your use of food stamps on my tax dollar do you?
I say NO to anyone that tells other people what they can and cant do with their own freaking money.
Yep

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2013
You got that right. Around the holidays we were leaving a restaurant in the city. This guy started following us asking for not only money but our food. We started talking to him and he told us he lives a pretty good life. Had an apartment in an expensive neighborhood. We asked him how much he made a year and he said in the neighborhood of 75,000. He had friends that played music on the street and he said they cleared over 150 a year. Not bad for 4 hours of work or so a day, he commented.
knower wrote:
Its the HIPAA law. On a separate note I can't believe anyone gives him money. Do they really think its a homeless guy? For $100-$300 a day I should stand there with a sign.
<quoted text>
you clak a lack

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 18, 2013
do what sits best with you' you know a fool and his money n all, suckers'''
Yep

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 22, 2013
On this same topic, I wish something would be done about these kids being dropped off in neighborhoods selling candy for their "team". I talked to one of these kids and asked what team it was for. He told me baseball. Funny baseball not in season, but ok. Asked the name of team, he had to think a while. Asked colors of uniform, same thing, couldn't even answer right away when I asked what position he played. Short time later, approached by another kid, asked what he was selling it for this time it was basketball. Same scenario. Interesting that while talking to this kid a van came up loaded with kids, honked and this kid ran and got in.
Jerky Boy

Homer Glen, IL

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Say NO to poster above wrote:
Because no one wants to see loser bums hanging out in their towns idiot..
Say NO to poster above

Forest Park, IL

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Jerky Boy wrote:
<quoted text>Because no one wants to see loser bums hanging out in their towns idiot..
Then why are you hanging around in my town, idiot? This bitterness towards all the other bums who are doing so much better than you are is really quite unbecoming of you!

Go upgrade your bum skill set!

You're probably just pissed because the panhandler took your favorite spot. Just go crawl back under your viaduct and panhandle from there, idiot.

And for the love of God stay off the library computers until you re-discover soap (and breath mints) will ya?
Judge Dredd

Tinley Park, IL

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Hey inconsiderate .... Why don't you take this guy home with you so he cheat and steal from you. That all what heroin addicts do. My neighbors kid who started his heroin addiction in his 20's has destroyed his family. He and his buddies have stolen items from all the neighbors . He's been to jail and prison a few times and still is a heroin addict. One day he going to break into someone's home and maybe it will be yours Inconsiderate. Then you will be giving Christ a call.
inconsiderate wrote:
inconsiderate

Midlothian, IL

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Judge Dredd wrote:
Hey inconsiderate .... Why don't you take this guy home with you so he cheat and steal from you. That all what heroin addicts do. My neighbors kid who started his heroin addiction in his 20's has destroyed his family. He and his buddies have stolen items from all the neighbors . He's been to jail and prison a few times and still is a heroin addict. One day he going to break into someone's home and maybe it will be yours Inconsiderate. Then you will be giving Christ a call.
<quoted text>
Hey Judge Dredd....My relative is a heroin addict and has put us to hell and back so I do know what I'm talking about. I also know that it's a disease that is very, very hard to overcome. I also know that it's against the health privacy act to disclose any information about one's treatment to anyone who has not been granted permission by said patient. I don't think all of the topix readers have been added to this man's disclosure permission papers.

I wasn't saying a drug addict was right to panhandle, maybe you should read the first sentence again. I was stating a LAW! Addict or not, he's still subject to the same privacy policies as you and me.
Yep

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 23, 2013
And it's still up to everyone else, whether we choose to give these people money or not.
Huh

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 24, 2013
I see that guy all the time. Sometimes he is over by the Sams Club light. Would never give him a dime.... I don't directly fund drug users. People are very gullible, but really if he is out there all the time, he has to be making a good buck. Why else would you go to the same place day in and day out!
Judge Dredd

Tinley Park, IL

#18 Feb 24, 2013
He served time in Statesville prison . Violated his parole with the recent drug bust. Convicted felon thats going back to prison . All public record.
sweetie

United States

#19 Feb 24, 2013
First of all this Guy never has robbed..never hurt anyone physically..I personally would rather having him stand there then going into places and holding them up
Yes it is humiliating y do u think he's always looking down he's not happy he has to do this obviously. Its peoples right to do what they have to do as long as its not hurting anyone like I said get your facts right he's never been in statesville he's not hurting anyone but himself...
sweetie

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Say NO to this panhandler wrote:
Ever seen the guy that stands at the corner nead Sears Hardware and Sophia's Pancake House? Well, his name is Dan, and boy does he look down and out... to the tune of $100-$300 a day in generous misguided donations received. Well, poor Dan has a drug habit and thanks you for enabling him.
http://oakforest.patch.com/articles/passenger...
Daniel A. Raimondi, 41, of the 16800 block of Gaynelle Road, Tinley Park, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, after officers stopped a car he was riding in, in the 5500 block of Leslie Lane.
Officers saw Raimondi reach towards his crotch several times and noted the open zipper of his fly. Officers had Raimondi exit the vehicle and saw a clear, plastic baggie protruding from the opening of his fly.
In the baggie, officers found nine, clear plastic capsules that contained an off-white substance, which field tested positive as heroin.
Raimondi was taken to the Oak Forest Police Station, where he was processed and placed in a holding cell to await a bond hearing.
the only way you would know how much he makes is because you hang out with him so don't sit here and act like an angel ..busted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Forest taxpayers consider abandoned annexat... 18 min Kuspa Douche 1
library discontent 2 hr Trump 4
A cowardly excuse for a man 3 hr Marie Tolliver 27
Thunder over Midlothian 4 hr Yep 13
News Police involved in fatal Summit shooting (Apr '06) 22 hr TIRED OF IDIOTS 547
sharks fish and chicken opening Wed Fisheye 6
Censorship Wed Trump 1

Justice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Justice Mortgages