First Prev
of 3
Next Last
justice il

AOL

#1 Jul 26, 2011
john k for mayor if there is a town left???
south side

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 27, 2011
justice il wrote:
Ha.
Live Live

AOL

#3 Jul 27, 2011
justice il wrote:
If you are talking about J. Koz, I think that he will bring respectability and new ideas to the position of mayor as long as he sorrounds himself with the right people unlike our present mayor who is on a loosing streak.
2013 VOTE THEM ALL OUT AND START NEW, only, as you say if there is anything left. How sad.
Live Live

AOL

#4 Jul 27, 2011
To add, his American-Polish heritage will him help with with all ethnic sectors of this community and I'm sure he will not be leaning only in one direction as so often happens with other mayors. I would support him.
sour grapes

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2011
justice il wrote:
Give me a break ! He couldn,t get elected to the trustee spot he was appointed to. He has no MONEY. Finally, why wouild he want to deal with all the garbage and slander that comes with being an elected officia in Justice
howdy

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 27, 2011
Live Live wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are talking about J. Koz, I think that he will bring respectability and new ideas to the position of mayor as long as he sorrounds himself with the right people unlike our present mayor who is on a loosing streak.
2013 VOTE THEM ALL OUT AND START NEW, only, as you say if there is anything left. How sad.
Wait, this is the guy that stood up at a board meeting, and ran out of the room because he didn't want to answer questions. I guess I should say he ran to the door and then couldn't get the number pad on it to work to let him out. So he stood there like a deer in the headlights until he could figure out what to do. Which was nothing, he was eventually pacified and brought back to his seat.

The same guy that is complainin about the noise from a non exhistant travel center while he lives NEXT TO THE TOLL WAY.

This guy is a clown.

Looks like the guy works great under pressure. What a joke. Topix, the new PVP publicists website.
Vote JK 2013

AOL

#7 Jul 27, 2011
sour grapes wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break ! He couldn,t get elected to the trustee spot he was appointed to. He has no MONEY. Finally, why wouild he want to deal with all the garbage and slander that comes with being an elected officia in Justice
Why do most politicians deal with al the BS, because of the back door bennies, namely patronage kickbacks.
Money is not an issue as long as the towing company has a village contract... endless funds. Ask miss K.
Vote JK 2013

AOL

#8 Jul 27, 2011
howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, this is the guy that stood up at a board meeting, and ran out of the room because he didn't want to answer questions. I guess I should say he ran to the door and then couldn't get the number pad on it to work to let him out. So he stood there like a deer in the headlights until he could figure out what to do. Which was nothing, he was eventually pacified and brought back to his seat.
The same guy that is complainin about the noise from a non exhistant travel center while he lives NEXT TO THE TOLL WAY.
This guy is a clown.
Looks like the guy works great under pressure. What a joke. Topix, the new PVP publicists website.
Look I don't like politicians, but you have to be realistic, in the four years that Wasowicks has been mayor what has he done. In the last two years the PVP hog tied him and he had no power, not even veto power. This man is not cut out to be a leader, my opinion for what is worth, we need new blood all the way around and at this time JK's name surfaced, and I would support someone like him.
howdy

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 28, 2011
Vote JK 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I don't like politicians, but you have to be realistic, in the four years that Wasowicks has been mayor what has he done. In the last two years the PVP hog tied him and he had no power, not even veto power. This man is not cut out to be a leader, my opinion for what is worth, we need new blood all the way around and at this time JK's name surfaced, and I would support someone like him.
I agree that we need new blood. I agree that Mayor K has not done much. I also would agree that with his recent appointments he has intentionally or not caused chaos once again. I agree he has poor leadership skills.

I disagree with- The Mayor always has veto power. It might just delay things but the Veto power is there.

I disagree that JK is the solution to that problem. As you state the PVP hogtied the mayor on the board. I would not endorse any individuals or group that so publically refused to work with anyone other than themselves on their own agendas. That is just bad for the residents- bottom line. Mr. Koslowski was a huge part of that. His behavior was not professional on more than one occassion in public. His accomplishments on the board were slim other than gophering around for Kinga, Mary and Phil. Anyone that has the lack of common sense to show up at a committee meeting screaming about a truck stop being noisy, yet lives right next to a tollway is off their rocker.

Mr. Koslowski publically displayed very juvenile behavior while on the board and now continues to do so. This is not mayor material, nor trustee material at this point.
Pour me a pitcher

AOL

#10 Jul 28, 2011
howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that we need new blood. I agree that Mayor K has not done much. I also would agree that with his recent appointments he has intentionally or not caused chaos once again. I agree he has poor leadership skills.
I disagree with- The Mayor always has veto power. It might just delay things but the Veto power is there.
I disagree that JK is the solution to that problem. As you state the PVP hogtied the mayor on the board. I would not endorse any individuals or group that so publically refused to work with anyone other than themselves on their own agendas. That is just bad for the residents- bottom line. Mr. Koslowski was a huge part of that. His behavior was not professional on more than one occassion in public. His accomplishments on the board were slim other than gophering around for Kinga, Mary and Phil. Anyone that has the lack of common sense to show up at a committee meeting screaming about a truck stop being noisy, yet lives right next to a tollway is off their rocker.
Mr. Koslowski publically displayed very juvenile behavior while on the board and now continues to do so. This is not mayor material, nor trustee material at this point.
I like you commentary, I'll respond as soon as time permits. Good job.
Back in the Saddle Again

Lockport, IL

#11 Jul 28, 2011
Some people have said this before when he was s trustee that he should consider a run for the mayor's spot. I think he got caught up in the politics of the campaign by the PVP and lost his seat as a result. There were many people upset with the how they ran their campaign due to the negativity. These, of course, are the same people who did nothing but complain when not in power. Koz had the most votes out of the PVP candidates and lost to Simmonds by like 19 votes. Some people who voted mostly for Coalition also voted for Koz because they felt he was the best of the PVP candidates. He is a likable guy who got frustrated with the whole politics process. He thought he was going to actually help and better the village. Instead, he got dragged through the mud and criticized by the fringe minority of residents who also happened to show up on election day. The board meetings became a circus, and he said on more than one occassion he did not HAVE to do this. He was doing the job to try and better and fix the village. He spent a ton of time and meetings and village functions. He got the park district looking a lot better while employed there and donated as ton of his time on the side to finish the projects he started. I think Mayor W. is afraid of him and will do anything to smear him if should decide to run against him. Mayor Koz vs. Mayor Waz. This I gotta see. :)
Back in the Saddle Again

Lockport, IL

#12 Jul 28, 2011
One thing Koz has going for him that Waz doesn't. He did not get the village tangled up in a multimillion dollar lawsuit.
Back in the Saddle Again

Lockport, IL

#13 Jul 28, 2011
By the way, I was at that board meeting where Koz was going to walk out. If memory suits me, Melanie Kuban was standing there accusing Koz of not paying the bill for the Lipinski Center when the PVP had their campaign dinner there. Koz had a check stub with him showing the bill was paid in full by the required date. Mayor Waz would not let him respond to the inquiry, so Koz decided to not take part in the well rehearsed skit by the Mayor and Melanie.
Melanie for mayor

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 28, 2011
She would get wasowicz's vote.
Exterminator

AOL

#15 Jul 28, 2011
Back in the Saddle Again wrote:
One thing Koz has going for him that Waz doesn't. He did not get the village tangled up in a multimillion dollar lawsuit.
Sounds interesting, would you care to elaborate?
Exterminator

AOL

#16 Jul 28, 2011
Melanie for mayor wrote:
She would get wasowicz's vote.
Actually I trust her less than the mayor.
Back in the Saddle Again

Lockport, IL

#17 Jul 28, 2011
I am not allowed to give details about the lawsuit. Ask Mayor Chris about it or the current trustees.
Exterminator

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 28, 2011
I am not allowed to give details about the lawsuit. Ask Mayor Chris about it or the current trustees.
I don't need details, just a brief synopsis will do. Thanks
public record

United States

#19 Jul 28, 2011
Exterminator wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need details, just a brief synopsis will do. Thanks
go online and you can read about the dirt pile and the waving of a performance bond that mayor Kris did behind the boards back and against the attorneys recommendations.
puppies and rainbows

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 29, 2011
Some people have said this before when he was s trustee that he should consider a run for the mayor's spot. I think he got caught up in the politics of the campaign by the PVP and lost his seat as a result. There were many people upset with the how they ran their campaign due to the negativity. These, of course, are the same people who did nothing but complain when not in power. Koz had the most votes out of the PVP candidates and lost to Simmonds by like 19 votes. Some people who voted mostly for Coalition also voted for Koz because they felt he was the best of the PVP candidates. He is a likable guy who got frustrated with the whole politics process. He thought he was going to actually help and better the village. Instead, he got dragged through the mud and criticized by the fringe minority of residents who also happened to show up on election day. The board meetings became a circus, and he said on more than one occassion he did not HAVE to do this. He was doing the job to try and better and fix the village. He spent a ton of time and meetings and village functions. He got the park district looking a lot better while employed there and donated as ton of his time on the side to finish the projects he started. I think Mayor W. is afraid of him and will do anything to smear him if should decide to run against him. Mayor Koz vs. Mayor Waz. This I gotta see.:)
All this pro JK stuff, I guess it must be him or a relative weighing in on his behalf just like prior to the election.

Mr.K signed up for a job and accepted that position for better or worse for all it had to offer. If he "Did not have to do this." then he should have resigned plain and simple. Not acted like an insolent child at board meetings. Swearing, running away from situations and into doors like a blind bird in a rainstorm. Like many of our local politicans he enjoyed the title, and benefits that came with it but didn't like the heat. There's that old adage about heat and kitchens I'm sure you're familiar?

Being the best of the PVP candidates is nothing to gloat about. You signed up with a group of people that did nothing but serve themselves the entire time in office. If you are in for a penny you are in for a pound. Being ignorant of things as you suggest I.e. getting caught up in politics isn't an acceptable excuse for pulling the things that he did. Just like ignorance of the law isn't an excuse for committing crimes. "Gee I didn't know murder wasn't legal, sorry!"

All of his attempts to help better the village never came to fruition. I'm glad when he was on the payroll for the park district he helped makes the grounds look nicer, kudos to him for doing what he was paid for! Kudos to him for putting a group of names on a list and turning over to a group that is getting paid thousands to do something- nothing which we have seen to date that has actually benefitted us.

Don't pee on our legs and tell us it's raining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recall Rybak 20 min umm yeah 13
Racist Midlothian 2 hr Resident 57
News Mokena couple fight to keep fence they say prot... (Aug '12) 8 hr Robert Balcom 108
Looking for District 228 parents (May '15) 9 hr LilJoe 13
What's Happening in Oak Forest? 10 hr OF Person 5
A cowardly excuse for a man 23 hr Gene Gene 20
Tokar Fest 2017 23 hr PBRAMF 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Justice Mortgages