How can we STOP Mayor Wasowicz HOOKAH...

How can we STOP Mayor Wasowicz HOOKAH BAR?

Posted in the Justice Forum

a smoke free world

Bridgeview, IL

#1 Sep 8, 2011
Click on link and find out how. http://peoplesvoiceparty.blogspot.com/
jay

Harvey, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2011
why are we going to stop it how about the new club or the barcode, why are hokkah shops a problem?? is because they bring arabs?? i rather have someone high of hookah then intoxicated on my block
hmpf

Brookfield, IL

#3 Sep 8, 2011
Another shamless plug for the PVP. /yawn
Jury

Dallas, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2011
the people need to decide not the mayor.
resident

Justice, IL

#5 Sep 8, 2011
who really cares about the hookah bar i want to know how much revenue it would bring into the village.I would like to see justice work with anyone who would consider bringing some money into this town.The funny part the hookah bar would have its own crowd of people that would spend money in our town and for all you phony politicians who are just looking for something to use against the mayor next election like KINGA that you stopped a hookah bar big deal the residents are not gonna fall for it.Im in favor for any reasonable business that would try to bring tax dollars into this village instead of more empty buildings in this village.And by the way if you dont smoke dont go there very simple.
lookforajob

Villa Park, IL

#6 Sep 8, 2011
The girl in the hookah picture on your blog looks like your daughter Dan.
R mary

AOL

#7 Sep 8, 2011
pass the hooka pipe ilove this town justice
Joe Ghetto

Schiller Park, IL

#8 Sep 8, 2011
You want serious revenue and don't care how you get it? How about a Polekatz to complete the full ghetto look for the Village.
BIGEE SMALL

AOL

#9 Sep 8, 2011
can you get me and application for the business in town ////???? polekatz
the happy hookah

Villa Park, IL

#10 Sep 8, 2011
lookforajob wrote:
The girl in the hookah picture on your blog looks like your daughter Dan.
That's funny I thought it was his son.
the happy hookah

Villa Park, IL

#11 Sep 8, 2011
Joe Ghetto wrote:
You want serious revenue and don't care how you get it? How about a Polekatz to complete the full ghetto look for the Village.
What do you know about what the ghetto looks like white boy.
cough cough cough

AOL

#12 Sep 9, 2011
resident wrote:
who really cares about the hookah bar i want to know how much revenue it would bring into the village.I would like to see justice work with anyone who would consider bringing some money into this town.The funny part the hookah bar would have its own crowd of people that would spend money in our town and for all you phony politicians who are just looking for something to use against the mayor next election like KINGA that you stopped a hookah bar big deal the residents are not gonna fall for it.Im in favor for any reasonable business that would try to bring tax dollars into this village instead of more empty buildings in this village.And by the way if you dont smoke dont go there very simple.
Hookah smoking: Is it safer than cigarettes?
Is hookah smoking safer than smoking cigarettes? I've been told that the water used in the hookah makes the tobacco less toxic.
Answer:

Richard D. Hurt, M.D. Mayo Clinic

Hookah smoking is not safer than cigarette smoking. Also known as narghile, shisha and goza, a hookah is a water pipe with a smoke chamber, a bowl, a pipe and a hose. Specially made tobacco is heated, and the smoke passes through water and is then drawn through a rubber hose to a mouthpiece. The tobacco is no less toxic in a hookah pipe, and the water in the hookah does not filter out the toxic ingredients in the tobacco smoke. Hookah smokers may actually inhale more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers do because of the large volume of smoke they inhale in one smoking session, which can last as long as 60 minutes.

While research about hookah smoking is still emerging, evidence shows that it poses many dangers:

Hookah smoke contains high levels of toxic compounds, including tar, carbon monoxide, heavy metals and cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens). In fact, hookah smokers are exposed to more carbon monoxide and smoke than are cigarette smokers. As with cigarette smoking, hookah smoking is linked to lung and oral cancers, heart disease and other serious illnesses. Hookah smoking delivers about the same amount of nicotine as cigarette smoking does, possibly leading to tobacco dependence. Hookah smoke poses dangers associated with secondhand smoke. Hookah smoking by pregnant women can result in low birth weight babies. Hookah pipes used in hookah bars and cafes may not be cleaned properly, risking the spread of infectious diseases.
Justice

Justice, IL

#13 Sep 22, 2011
Realistically.. Justice is a crappy town.. Nothing going for it. Alot of failures in kids who went to Argo. Why do you care if there is a hookah bar introduced? Money is money, its not like this is coming from an illegal source. And please no one argue with me about the crappy part. I have lived here since I was 2 and I just graduated 3 years ago. I know whats up in this town..
cough cough cough

Berwyn, IL

#14 Sep 23, 2011
Justice wrote:
Realistically.. Justice is a crappy town.. Nothing going for it. Alot of failures in kids who went to Argo. Why do you care if there is a hookah bar introduced? Money is money, its not like this is coming from an illegal source. And please no one argue with me about the crappy part. I have lived here since I was 2 and I just graduated 3 years ago. I know whats up in this town..
Congratulations on your Kindergarden graduation. Don't blame the village because it took you so long to graduate, take the high road, accept the personal responsobility... and blame it on your parents and of course your teachers, and when you make it to grade school, remember, that just because you are eighteen YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN THE SCHOOL WASHROOM.
Easy Rider

Palos Hills, IL

#15 Oct 2, 2011
Just think when a CEO of a big company comes to Justice & ask what we can offer its Resurrection Mary in Oct.& a Hookah Bar the Rest of the year
cough cough cough

Berwyn, IL

#16 Oct 20, 2011
As I'm sure you are all aware of, Justice residents have spoken and rejected the unhealthy bussiness of a hookah pipe lounge.

We have taken our message to to the powers that be, that the residents of our fine village will not tolerate any decision made by the board that will have an adverse effect on our health and safety. Bussineses of that type should not be allowed in Justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is this Sharon Rybak in this video? 10 min KeystoneMidlo 1
News 2nd-oldest known female orangutan dies at Chica... 1 hr bozo 1
Patch pulls D142 Agler article 6 hr BengalMom 7
Poll Should Crestwood residents pay for Chief T's cr... (Oct '11) 9 hr Fantastic 662
Midlothian Cop Video 23 hr Trumbull 41
Bur Oak Woods Mon midlodude 2
Should I buy a house in midlothian? Mon wow 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Justice Mortgages