Since: May 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2012
We prove that we are a nation of idiots on black Friday, fighting and trampling people for all the great "deals". I wouldn't wait outside a store all night if they were giving away that stuff for free.
Kildare kid

Munster, IN

#2 Nov 23, 2012
How right you are. Would you believe some people
were in line out here at Target Thursday morning at 9am...What a bunch of screwballs. They set up tents with heaters in them.I saw some items online that are cheaper than the store.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2012
I feel the same way, but since I thought most people would still be eating dinner at 8pm I went to walmart on the way home from family yesterday and tried to buy a set of sheets that was just too good a deal. They weren't supposed to even be able to open the skids until 8pm. but apparently, people were knocking things over and bumping each other tearing open the plastic wrapping, and by 630p had carts full of the 8pm merchandise. The clerk told me this all today and said that they were just hanging out in the store blocking aisles waiting until the store would let them make the purchases. I guess they caved and let them do it early because the crowd was rowdy. Glad I don't do Black Friday either. That was just too much for me!

Did you hear about the kids brawling at the mall yesterday?
penny pincher

Blue Island, IL

#4 Nov 23, 2012
I went to the robbin's walmart yesterday and contracted the sickle cell .

“Did I Just Say That Out Loud?”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Last year we did the same thing 5 Yr. Great deal on an item at Walmart, so we went there on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner. While waiting in line for the big item (which wasn't even on premises yet), we took turns walking around checking out the sales. I found a great deal on a small appliance and grabbed one. What I didn't know was that someone had torn off the plastic and sign from that skid which designated it "midnight" merchandise. When it was my turn to wait in line for our big item, I was told I couldn't have that small appliance or I would be kicked out of line. Not wanting to risk the opportunity for the item we really came for, I went to put it back. The pallet was already picked clean. Then when I saw how people were behaving at midnight when they took the plastic off all the skids...people shoving, pushing, grabbing and pocketing items...I thought the nerve of that employee to scold me for simply having a midnight sale item in my cart. Sheesh! The stores have to come up with better way to handle the demand they are creating. Shopping should not require police protection.

I did not hear about a mall incident. Do you know what happened?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 23, 2012
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I feel the same way, but since I thought most people would still be eating dinner at 8pm I went to walmart on the way home from family yesterday and tried to buy a set of sheets that was just too good a deal. They weren't supposed to even be able to open the skids until 8pm. but apparently, people were knocking things over and bumping each other tearing open the plastic wrapping, and by 630p had carts full of the 8pm merchandise. The clerk told me this all today and said that they were just hanging out in the store blocking aisles waiting until the store would let them make the purchases. I guess they caved and let them do it early because the crowd was rowdy. Glad I don't do Black Friday either. That was just too much for me!
Did you hear about the kids brawling at the mall yesterday?
Yes, the best part or should I say worst was that a crowd had formed a circle around the people fighting, no doubt all holding their cell phones out taping it so they can post it online.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 23, 2012
which mall?

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#8 Nov 23, 2012

Location hidden

#9 Nov 23, 2012
Thanks 5yr. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 51 min bozo 1
A cowardly excuse for a man 6 hr taxpayer 28
Tokar Fest 2017 6 hr Want to Know 6
Edward Moody (Jul '12) 8 hr The 111th Street ... 115
library discontent 9 hr blindedbythelight 5
Oak Forest taxpayers consider abandoned annexat... 11 hr Resident 2
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 12 hr FGHIJK 8,798

Justice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance