Experts eye insider loans at Denaples...

Experts eye insider loans at Denaples' bank

There are 3 comments on the www.timesleader.com story from Jun 22, 2008, titled Experts eye insider loans at Denaples' bank. In it, www.timesleader.com reports that:

Bank’s lending practices in past three years, according to records, alarm two experts.

DUNMORE – Loans totaling more than 60 percent of the net worth of a bank controlled by Louis DeNaples were issued to people or businesses related to the bank’s board members, including the wife of Luzerne County Senior Judge Michael Conahan, court and regulatory agency records show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.timesleader.com.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 22, 2008
Here's a newspaper article on Luzerne County Senior Judge Michael Conahan, who is a bank director at FNCB. Louis Denaples stepped down as chairman of the board of directors after he was indicted for perjury in the Slotsgate case.

The article is from The Citizens Voice in Wilkes-Barre.

Former head of misconduct board tied to Conahan

http://www.citizensvoice.com/site/news.cfm...
THE WATCHER

Brentwood, TN

#2 Jun 24, 2008
Hum sounds like another S&L scam...if that is so all the directors involved should be jailes and all assets forfited...cause if that bank goes down...we the tax payer will foot the bill....
Just wondering if they'll give me a loan...*LOL*

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 25, 2008
THE WATCHER wrote:
Hum sounds like another S&L scam...if that is so all the directors involved should be jailes and all assets forfited...cause if that bank goes down...we the tax payer will foot the bill....
Just wondering if they'll give me a loan...*LOL*
Here is an another story related to another bank director, Judge Mike Conahan.

FBI seizes files from Penn Place building

http://citizensvoice.com/site/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jupiter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catfish episode, Courtney Wolfe, Kayla and Fran... (Nov '16) 23 hr Jane 3
News Cats poisoned by antifreeze mixed with food (Jan '08) Jul 26 Anonymous 429
News Mom of teen lost at sea sues other missing boy'... Jul 22 gazoo 1
News Gardens 1800s church bell with mysterious histo... Jul '17 Betty Luckey 1
News $20,000 reward by FBI offered in Jupiter shootings Jul '17 Little Red Riding... 15
Room-bed for Jupiter Hammerhead baseball player. Jun '17 Talkshow Bruce 1
Review: Paul Stetson Pressure Cleaning (Nov '12) Jun '17 Cindy B 4

Jupiter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jupiter Mortgages