Shooting ends Riviera Beach man's lif...

Shooting ends Riviera Beach man's life on 18th birthday

There are 86 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 19, 2007, titled Shooting ends Riviera Beach man's life on 18th birthday. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tarsha Weston rocked gently back and forth, staring at a patch of dirt near her front porch where the night before her son was shot dead on his birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Band guns

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 May 19, 2007
this is a sad story. when are we going to band guns!

“Monkey Business”

Since: Mar 07

Coconut Creek

#3 May 19, 2007
Let's say you manage to "band" the guns, Einstein. All the little thugs will use knives and clubs to kill each other. Are you going to ban those, too? Bricks? Pipes?

When are you lefties going to GROW UP and look for realistic solutions to problems?
ftl

Key West, FL

#4 May 19, 2007
"He was a typical teenager," his sister said.
tha typical bul* sh*t.
oh he was a good kid. good in school. why they just don't tell the truth.
Heil Republican

Auburn, MA

#5 May 19, 2007
DougR wrote:
Let's say you manage to "band" the guns, Einstein. All the little thugs will use knives and clubs to kill each other. Are you going to ban those, too? Bricks? Pipes?
When are you lefties going to GROW UP and look for realistic solutions to problems?
And a "realistic solution" to gun violence in the good old usa is?....I'm waiting for an answer Hitler!
just passing through

AOL

#6 May 19, 2007
DougR wrote:
You forgot razor blades, scissors, glass, pizza wheels, corkscrews, ice picks, manure forks, pens...
Not Surprised

Spartanburg, SC

#7 May 19, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with his family, What an awful thing to happen no matter what the reason!
Mad Man

Hollywood, FL

#8 May 19, 2007
Let me guess another good boy!
2 many bigots

Knoxville, TN

#9 May 19, 2007
If anybody thinks this guy was a criminal, prove it!
Truth

Hollywood, FL

#10 May 19, 2007
2 many bigots wrote:
Duh, Riviera Beach, Shot in the back of the Head on his Birthday, Ok, prove he wasn't.And im Black!
dot-rat

Decatur, GA

#11 May 20, 2007
As the number of teenagers who showed up to her son's birthday party Friday night rose steadily, Tarsha L. Weston knew she'd need to get more food.

a shot

and how many of those party-goers saw anything and told the police .

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
CrackDealer

Laguna Beach, CA

#13 May 20, 2007
dot-rat wrote:
As the number of teenagers who showed up to her son's birthday party Friday night rose steadily, Tarsha L. Weston knew she'd need to get more food.
a shot
and how many of those party-goers saw anything and told the police .
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
ROGER that... dot-rat.
Batanical Garden

Jupiter, FL

#14 May 20, 2007
Maybe Mayor/Bishop Masters can cleanup the streets and make a "Batanical Garden" that can take care of this kind of thing. You know - just as the suspect is aiming at the victim, Bishop Master's gun eating plants can come to the rescue and wisk the gun from the assailants hand. Ta-da, another shooting thwarted. Hmmmmmmm or maybe picking up the garbage along side of the road will do the trick. Exactly - but guess what garbage should be picked up to take care of this situation? Get real - let's put the drug dealers, gang members, violent crime perps (whether they be black, white, yellow or green) in jail for a long time so that we can take care of this urban blight. Lets make our streets in Palm Beach County safe again by taking care of the real problems not the imaginary ones.
Broward Resident

AOL

#15 May 20, 2007
Band guns wrote:
Whats the mentality here ??? We need to ban guns because gang members shoot gang members ?? And do we need to band SUV's because people don't look before backing up and run over their own kids ??? Or was it because the parents didn't teach the 10 year old to stay out of the street ??
When are the people looking to ban guns going to focus on who pulls the trigger ..??
It's funny that if a cop were to pull the trigger on a car jacker or someone that just held up a store at gun point .. Jackson and Sharpton would be down here in a heartbeat crying racisim..!! I don't understand why they arrn't out on the streets trying to change the mentality of those kids that are doing the shooting ?

“Liberals = Hippies”

Since: Dec 06

Osaka, Japan

#17 May 20, 2007
2 many bigots wrote:
Maybe not quite proof but the article does say
"sheriff's deputies from Operation Gang Busters searched the area for the suspect"
Don't know why "Operation Gang Busters" would be there is it wasn't gang related. Gang members don't just show up and blast someone in the head for no reason, maybe if they robbed him it would be different. I like how the sister has a different last name then her brother.
joe

Delray Beach, FL

#19 May 20, 2007
another one gone too young. he was going to an alternative school. those are for students who dont fit into school mostly for bad behavior. and he was shot before too. yes. thats a good boy. its easy to understand a mothers grief. she just lost a source of income. this area is way out of control. its a daily event. its no wonder so few find sympathy. its always for no reason and of course no one saw anything. until people start talking, theres nothing the police can do to arrest the killer. this code of silence is so stupid. you all are letting criminals kill your kids. nothing more to say.
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 May 20, 2007
Holy Hail wrote:
<quoted text>
What Band? Guns and Roses?
Hilarious!
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 May 20, 2007
Very sad. I don't understand the mentality of these communities. Instead of helping the police find these criminals they choose to live in houses with bars on the windows and everything bolted down. Everytime they go outside they take their life into their hands yet that seems to be acceptable to them. All of it can be taken care of, but they choose not to go that route. I'm sure many know who did this shooting and I bet there were witnesses. The problem is no one in these neighborhoods trusts the police and everyone is too cowardly to point out the suspects. It's like a never ending vicious circle.
sam

Delray Beach, FL

#23 May 20, 2007
right. it will go on. the people in these neighborhoods just dont care. plain and simple. theres no other reason on earth why good people would let this killing go on and on. how can you live with yourselves? you just dont care. dont call the police anymore. just handle it yourselves. they cant help you. yet, every single kid there is talking about it because they all know who/what/why. but dont tell the police. dont turn in one of your own. keep that code of silence. soon you all will be dead. you can claim your prize at the pearly gates.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#24 May 20, 2007
Band guns wrote:
Was that a question? You are killing me.
Holy Hail wrote:
<quoted text>
What Band? Guns and Roses?
I think they're called Velvet Revolver now. LOL
Not Again

West Palm Beach, FL

#26 May 20, 2007
That's Murphy's Law for you. He probably received a gun for his birthday and didn't even get to use it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jupiter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $20,000 reward by FBI offered in Jupiter shootings (Mar '17) Dec 8 juplife 31
News 4 Matt Lauer in Palm Beach County: What he told... Nov 30 Sue B 1
News Woman gets prison time after abandoned dog dies Nov 27 TPK 1
News Haitians shocked at decision to end temp status Nov 23 Lucy 1
News Mom of teen lost at sea sues other missing boy'... Nov 22 Mitch G 2
Courtney on tonight's Catfish Episode....Anybod... (Apr '16) Nov 18 Mediasandy 9
Lakeland Grace Academy Saved my Daughter (Mar '14) Nov '17 Prayinforhelp 7

Jupiter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jupiter Mortgages