Fish Factor: Sea otters still troubli...

Fish Factor: Sea otters still troubling Southeast fishermen

There are 3 comments on the Capital City Weekly story from Dec 14, 2011, titled Fish Factor: Sea otters still troubling Southeast fishermen. In it, Capital City Weekly reports that:

Sea otters are cleaning out valuable commercial fisheries in Southeast Alaska, and they have been at it for decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capital City Weekly.

Beth

Dillon, SC

#1 Dec 18, 2011
Well.....they were there first. That's my opinion. As Alaska is so bent on animal conservation, we are intruding on their territory. Let,s keep Alaska...Alaska!
1alaskachic

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2012
So it was better that sea otters were hunted to extinction. Prior to human intervention, ie;fishing industry-the natural world was in balance-we are reaping the results of unsustainable/unnatural harvesting of our oceans.
meela

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jan 14, 2012
1alaskachic wrote:
So it was better that sea otters were hunted to extinction. Prior to human intervention, ie;fishing industry-the natural world was in balance-we are reaping the results of unsustainable/unnatural harvesting of our oceans.
Your sister smells liek a dead otter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juneau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneau Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 2 Musikologist 11
Satanic Plot Uncovered Behind LGBT Social Movement Jun '15 detgen154 1
News Alaska lawmakers debate requiring constitutiona... Apr '15 Jaimie 4
Trial of William B. Neal, Jr (Jan '15) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Alaska should seize Arctic opportunities, commi... Feb '15 Kivalina 1
Alaska Votes for Marijuana Indulgence in the Wa... Feb '15 Culture Auditor 1
is it true??????????? Feb '15 Anonom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Juneau Mortgages