House passes bill to take minimum wage off ballot

Apr 15, 2014 Full story: Homer Tribune

The Alaska House of Representatives, in a blatant political maneuver designed to deny Alaskans the opportunity to vote on the already-approved voter initiative to raise the state's minimum wage, passed HB 384 by a very close vote of 21-19 the evening of April 13. The House Majority leadership introduced HB 384 through the Rules Committee on April ... (more)

Full Story

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2014
Cronyism at it's finest. Labor wants cheap workers, line the pockets of cheap pols, and no "Raises" for the poor.
seven dollars an hour isn't enough to pay the rent, let alone buy food, put gas in the car, or get good clothes for the children.
What's the response to this? "Quit whining and get a better job." Yeah, like it's all that easy. I've been to college, and have training in four different fields. I can't find work, and I have four options. What chance does the guy who only knows labor have? One, and employers would rather give those jobs to out-of-staters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juneau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alaska lawmakers debate requiring constitutiona... Feb 7 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
is it true??????????? Feb 3 Anonom 1
new book authored: legislative affairs Feb 1 Anonom 1
Juneau Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 10
Trial of William B. Neal, Jr Jan '15 Cathy Whitman 1
Review: Gemstone Heaven (Jul '13) Dec '14 Angela w 2
Daniel S Sullivan… LIES, LIES and MORE LIES…wan... Oct '14 Worried voter 1
Juneau Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web