Alaska lawmaker returns home after re...

Alaska lawmaker returns home after refusing TSA pat-down

There are 8 comments on the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Alaska lawmaker returns home after refusing TSA pat-down. In it, Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports that:

An Alaska state lawmaker vowed Thursday to fight for the rights of travelers who have been subjected to what she considers intrusive airport searches by federal airport screeners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.

Gail Perry

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Feb 24, 2011
I urge women to just whip that puppy out and wave it about if some silly TSA worker imagines it to be a bomb. Embarrass them into being more sensible.
NO TSA

Tampa, FL

#2 Mar 2, 2011
The TSA is capitalizing on people's fear of terrorism. First of all, more Americans die of heroine overdoses every year than terrorist attacks - we ARE our own worst enemy.

Second - the TSA is grotesquely incompetent. They pat down 2 year olds and elderly women - creating a false sense of security which they want you to believe cannot exist without them - yet recently let passengers board a flight with box cutters.

The TSA is a waste of money and resources. They violate the very freedoms that terrorists want to see us lose. It's exactly what terrorists want - they want us to live in fear.

The TSA needs to go.
Gail Perry

United States

#3 Mar 2, 2011
More people die of heroin (not heroine) overdoses? Therefore we should not concern ourselves with terrorism?

OK ... Thanks, but I saw what happened on 9/11. I don't want to see it again. TSA isn't perfect but that's life.
asdf

Tampa, FL

#4 Mar 3, 2011
Gail Perry wrote:
More people die of heroin (not heroine) overdoses? Therefore we should not concern ourselves with terrorism?
OK ... Thanks, but I saw what happened on 9/11. I don't want to see it again. TSA isn't perfect but that's life.
Don't tell me about terrorism. A lot of people I knew died. But I would rather die in a terrorist attack than show the enemy any fear.
The TSA doesn't care about keeping you safe. They care about capitalizing on your fear of terrorism for power and money. They clearly get off on that control - and they clearly do not know how to keep us safe.
You want to know how to prevent terrorism? You prevent terrorism with good intelligence work.
Gail Perry

Mableton, GA

#5 Mar 3, 2011
Believe whatever makes you happy, asdf, but it would be nice if you didn't completely disrail a serious conversation.

The fact is that TSA IS there in airports, whether we like it or not. The fact is that they are requiring women who have had mastectomies prove that their prostheses are what they say they are.

I am suggesting that women such as me head them off at the pass, and embarrass them while educating those around them: reach into your shirt, pull the silicone out, and let the TSA -- and everyone else -- see it. It isn't some dirty little secret. It's just a piece of silicone.
Gail Perry

Mableton, GA

#6 Mar 3, 2011
Oh, PS, asdf. If I want to mention 9/11 it's my right to do so. In fact it's pretty clear that airline screenings DO help. Look at what Richard Reid had to resort to -- you know, the "shoe bomber?" How about the guy who set his underwear on fire?

Neither of them successfully brought down a plane. Those who want to use our planes as weapons are finding more and more obstacles in the way.

If good intelligence worked, 9/11 would never have happened. We had the intelligence, but the important parts got lost in the sheer magnitude of information, most of it insignificant. We were so buried in intelligence that we missed some important information.

My falsie isn't one of those obstacles, and the fact is that TSA employees could easily be educated about this. I propose embarrassing them enough that they do that.

Show a little tolerance. Don't tell other people what they must and not post in your presence,'k?
Friend

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Guess who else is also coming back or came back from china just in time to deliver a speech? Rumor has I over In china that Obama sent Hillary Clinton to china to tell them that if or when the us defaults on it's debt China will get first claims to it's land. Just a rumor.(911 was also a rumor)
Gail Perry

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2011
The issue is not "Friend's" dislike of Hilary Clinton, but the invasive physical searches of women who have had mastectomies.

I am calling for women with falsies that alarm TSA to pull them out, right there in line, and hand them over for inspection. Slap that puppy on the roller and let them x-ray it. Make sure they get a real good look at it.

Eventually they will start to get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juneau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneau Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '15 Musikologist 11
Satanic Plot Uncovered Behind LGBT Social Movement Jun '15 detgen154 1
News Alaska lawmakers debate requiring constitutiona... Apr '15 Jaimie 4
Trial of William B. Neal, Jr (Jan '15) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Alaska should seize Arctic opportunities, commi... Feb '15 Kivalina 1
Alaska Votes for Marijuana Indulgence in the Wa... Feb '15 Culture Auditor 1
is it true??????????? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Anonom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Juneau Mortgages