Alaska bar takes in smaller-than-usua...

Alaska bar takes in smaller-than-usual fake bills

There are 6 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 6, 2010, titled Alaska bar takes in smaller-than-usual fake bills. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Police in Alaska say lawbreakers must be really getting desperate because someone left 13 fake $1 bills in a bar's tip jar - an unusually small denomination for the crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#1 Apr 7, 2010
Hmmmm.... this sounds a bit suspicious. The "lawbreakers" only put fake money in the tip jar, but paid real money for their drinks or food? And then the bar manager makes good on the phony money? This sounds more like an inside job, a prank, or someone "salting the mine." Besides, it would seem reasonable that anyone depositing 13 $1-bills, either all at once or gradually over a period of time, would be noticed in one circumstance or the other.
Kevin

Monterey, CA

#2 Apr 7, 2010
I blame Sarah Palin.
Hugh Jass

Ephrata, PA

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Ocean View wrote:
Hmmmm.... this sounds a bit suspicious. The "lawbreakers" only put fake money in the tip jar, but paid real money for their drinks or food? And then the bar manager makes good on the phony money? This sounds more like an inside job, a prank, or someone "salting the mine." Besides, it would seem reasonable that anyone depositing 13 $1-bills, either all at once or gradually over a period of time, would be noticed in one circumstance or the other.
Yes, I agree. This sounds like a silly drunken prank. Hardly news worthy.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#4 Apr 7, 2010
Kevin wrote:
I blame Sarah Palin.
No. That would be one $13 bill.
Kevin

Monterey, CA

#5 Apr 7, 2010
Ocean View wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That would be one $13 bill.
You're right, she would've quit on the 7th bill....
geriatric hippie

Ashland, OR

#6 May 3, 2010
I agree---probebly had Sarah's picture on the money ???You BETCHA !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juneau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commanding Officer of Coast Guard Air 6 hr SitkaSound 1
News Suspect jailed in stabbing incident (Nov '07) Nov 2 Travis Vasquez 8
Getting away with murder Oct '17 Jenn 3
News SWAT team arrests suspect in fatal Juneau shooting (Oct '15) Oct '17 Wants to know the... 5
Penny cotten Oct '17 Wants to know the... 1
Reminder: Adoptees and Birthparents and Sibling... (Jul '11) Sep '17 NYAdoptEquality 4
iVueit Project in Juneau expires 8/11/17! Aug '17 trupicllc 1

Juneau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Juneau Mortgages