Local election results?
Curious George

Vassar, KS

#1 Apr 6, 2013
How does everyone feel about our local election for City Commission and School Board?

Will there be any changes OR business as usual?
Julio

Wellsville, KS

#2 Apr 6, 2013
Curious George wrote:
How does everyone feel about our local election for City Commission and School Board?
Will there be any changes OR business as usual?
Yes, more Mexican restaurants on the way!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 10, 2013
Yo Julio Pancho's now has gorditas.

Location hidden

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Mick McCallister had a nice thank you ad. It's interesting that the candidates supported by the guy who has Coach's and Handy's all won.
XZz

Junction City, KS

#5 Apr 10, 2013
And are you surprised?
populists

Junction City, KS

#6 Apr 10, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
Mick McCallister had a nice thank you ad. It's interesting that the candidates supported by the guy who has Coach's and Handy's all won.
It`s always more of a popularity contest in local elections. With a 12% voter turnout how could it not be ? It`s more akin to electing a prom king or queen.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 10, 2013
populists wrote:
<quoted text>It`s always more of a popularity contest in local elections. With a 12% voter turnout how could it not be ? It`s more akin to electing a prom king or queen.
Roger that. Just remember David Byrne's dictum, "It's not the guys from the student council of your high school class who are running the world now. It's the guys from the student council of the high school across town."

And Molly Ivins' retort to some idiot who in 1992 said Clinton and Gore "were the finest of their generation" as antiwar college students in the late 1960s: "No they weren't. They were the guys from student government."
XZz

Junction City, KS

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Boy,isn't that the truth Roo.
Curious George

Vassar, KS

#9 Apr 11, 2013
The Insurance agent wins, and does not have a clue.
The EX fireman wins because the firefighters and Coaches get him in.
Gaston the incumbent rubber stamper is reelected.
Milleson will be on there until she dies and does not have a clue.
The others on the board do whatever Walker tells them to do. Business as usual. The voters were all gang voting for favorites by groups.

Nothing new?

Good luck Junction City.
Michael

Sierra Vista, AZ

#10 Apr 11, 2013
And all you whinning asses could have run. But its ok I know that its easier to get on here and cry about someone else who is tring to make a differance. Crawl back under your rocks.And have a wonderful Junction City Day!!!!!!
Junction City Voter

United States

#11 Apr 11, 2013
The ex-firemen who are now on the School Board and City Commission were elected because they got the most votes. I voted for them after hearing them speak on 1420 and at the candidate forum at the Opera House. They were both well informed and have the best interests of our community at heart. The fact that they were firefighters tells you that they care about people and worked to help keep people safe. I am not sure what the crying is about in terms of who was elected. They were the best candidates for the job, they received the most votes in their respective elections....so evidently I was not alone in feeling the way I do about their ability to do the jobs. It is unfortunate more people in our community do not care enough to get out there and vote. I am glad that we have a place like Coach's that cares enought about our community that they are out there advocating for candidates that they believe in and not simply spouting on Topix about how nothing ever changes.

Good Job Junction City!!
Another Voter

Junction City, KS

#12 Apr 11, 2013
Junction City Voter wrote:
The ex-firemen who are now on the School Board and City Commission were elected because they got the most votes. I voted for them after hearing them speak on 1420 and at the candidate forum at the Opera House. They were both well informed and have the best interests of our community at heart. The fact that they were firefighters tells you that they care about people and worked to help keep people safe. I am not sure what the crying is about in terms of who was elected. They were the best candidates for the job, they received the most votes in their respective elections....so evidently I was not alone in feeling the way I do about their ability to do the jobs. It is unfortunate more people in our community do not care enough to get out there and vote. I am glad that we have a place like Coach's that cares enought about our community that they are out there advocating for candidates that they believe in and not simply spouting on Topix about how nothing ever changes.
Good Job Junction City!!
Same old stuff, what about the former council member dubbed "the fireman" that went to prison. Coach's advocated for him too.

How did that turn out?
It doesnt matter

Junction City, KS

#13 Apr 11, 2013
It wouldn't matter who is sitting the seats if the community would speak up.
I'm not talking about just one or two people. And when they speak up they need to do it in a professional and respectful way.
If we don't want our tax money paying for something - don't scream, insult, call names, or stretch the truth, but make your voices heard. Otherwise the elected officials have to sit back and decide for themselves what needs to be done.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Another Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old stuff, what about the former council member dubbed "the fireman" that went to prison. Coach's advocated for him too.
How did that turn out?
I think he was out of office when he went to prison. He's done his time and it's time to let any rancor over that go.
Another Voter

Junction City, KS

#15 Apr 11, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was out of office when he went to prison. He's done his time and it's time to let any rancor over that go.
Was refering to Coach's advocating for candidates that was elected.

It would be nice if we could let the rancor over the city debt that he was partly responsible go also, but as he once told the contractors that was squabbling among each other, "cut it out, there is enough to go around for everyone". Well we found out what that meant.
Curious George

Vassar, KS

#16 Apr 11, 2013
Mick Wunder is a crook! Get use to it!
Another Voter

Junction City, KS

#17 Apr 11, 2013
Curious George wrote:
You have no arguement here.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 11, 2013
Curious George wrote:
So? He isn't running for anything.
Junction City Voter

United States

#19 Apr 12, 2013
I do not often agree with the stuff The Kangaroo says, but in this case it is absolutely true. Mick was wrong, he made poor choices, and he served his punishment for those choices. Mike Ryan and Brian Field have nothing to do with the choices that Mick Wunder made and it has no bearing on the conversation here. Or really in the Commission as they are trying to fix the mess that was left to them from previous decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks playing loud and racist Music in JC take... 19 hr kangaroo45 1
Kyle Kelley 66441 21 hr retort 5
Word Association (Jan '09) Fri Hatti_Hollerand 1,315
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Thu Pasquali 5,693
Slum landlords and greedy rental agencys (Nov '12) Jul 19 JC the Dump 38
Mr. Dinky (Mar '15) Jul 19 Fired 221
Chief of Police, Junction City (Aug '12) Jul 19 Given It Rest AD 56

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance