Please Do Not Feed the Animals

Posted in the Junction City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF

Junction City, KS

#1 Jul 1, 2012
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

The stated reason for the policy is because the animals soon grow dependent on handouts, forget how to fend for themselves, and starve to death if nobody is there to feed them.

Thus endeth today's lesson.
Natural Selection

Junction City, KS

#2 Jul 1, 2012
WTF wrote:
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."
The stated reason for the policy is because the animals soon grow dependent on handouts, forget how to fend for themselves, and starve to death if nobody is there to feed them.
Survival of the fittest. Are you up to the task ?
YOGI

Junction City, KS

#3 Jul 2, 2012
WTF wrote:
Smarter than the average bear,
FTW

Junction City, KS

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Many of the recipients are children, who could quite possibly go hungry without the assisstance provided by the wealthiest nation on the planet. Virtually all of the people who complain about helping the less fortunate, and who think your post disclosed some profound observation, are walmart republicans- people who make just enough to get buy on chinese products sold by walmart, but are worried sick that some billionaire might pay an extra $1200 a year in taxes.
pity the fools

Junction City, KS

#5 Jul 2, 2012
FTW wrote:
Many of the recipients are children, who could quite possibly go hungry without the assisstance provided by the wealthiest nation on the planet. Virtually all of the people who complain about helping the less fortunate, and who think your post disclosed some profound observation, are walmart republicans- people who make just enough to get buy on chinese products sold by walmart, but are worried sick that some billionaire might pay an extra $1200 a year in taxes.
They`ve been duped into voting against themselves and are mostly of below average intelligence. They couldn`t name a single Supreme Court Justice or explain the three branches of government and their functions. Yet they`re all "experts" on all things political. Go figure.
FTW

Junction City, KS

#6 Jul 2, 2012
FTW wrote:
Its usually the parents that are the irresponsible f*cks. So why don't we just take their children, give the kids to responsible couples, and then let their dumass parents struggle without affecting the kiddies?
FTW

Junction City, KS

#7 Jul 2, 2012
FTW wrote:
$10 bet says you shop at Walmart. You know you do. Curse the devil and suck his weenie like all good little liberals. Gotta spend them food stamps somewhere.
FTW

Junction City, KS

#8 Jul 3, 2012
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>
$10 bet says you shop at Walmart. You know you do. Curse the devil and suck his weenie like all good little liberals. Gotta spend them food stamps somewhere.
Nope, don't believe in scum mart. But I've got dignity, one of the differences betweeen us.
FTW

Junction City, KS

#9 Jul 3, 2012
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, don't believe in scum mart. But I've got dignity, one of the differences betweeen us.
Um...ok.....chuckle.
DRIFTER

Junction City, KS

#10 Jul 3, 2012
WTF wrote:
FTW made the profound statement above and then defended the dependency on handouts with the statement below. Just wonder if he has been hanging out at Dick Edwards paint shop.

deja vu

Junction City, KS

#11 Jul 3, 2012
DRIFTER wrote:
<quoted text>
FTW made the profound statement above and then defended the dependency on handouts with the statement below. Just wonder if he has been hanging out at Dick Edwards paint shop.
DRIFTER

Junction City, KS

#12 Jul 4, 2012
deja vu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I shop at Walmart, I have too much dignity and integrity to lie about anything and I don'T have any problems with people that use hard work and their brains to succeed. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about sucking. I am probably the most conservative person in this area
and have never had a government hand out in my life.
From your comments you and the Kangaroo are connected at the hip, one of you probably has the last name Ooten, or you could be the same person.
Ooten

Junction City, KS

#13 Jul 4, 2012
Those that make the big brags are usually full if it. 3njoy spending your welfare check at Walmart scumbag.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 4, 2012
WTF wrote:
That's an excellent argument against hereditary distribution of wealth to the wastrel sons and daughters of the moneyed class.
Keep It Real

Junction City, KS

#15 Jul 4, 2012
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an excellent argument against hereditary distribution of wealth to the wastrel sons and daughters of the moneyed class.
Like the Bramlages? Or Scott Johnson maybe?

Location hidden

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Keep It Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Bramlages? Or Scott Johnson maybe?
I do not know either to a degree I can comment. I'm thinking of folks like George W. Bush who got rich by losing his parents' friends' money and such. Or the Koch Brothers. I have no idea what the form 1040s of either the Bramledge scions or S.J. would say. But, if they didn't earn their money, and it was handed to them on a silver platter, that is an absurd social policy.
do the math

Junction City, KS

#17 Jul 5, 2012
WTF wrote:
Americans eligible for SNAP are 15.1% of the population. Americans receiving the assistance number 14.8 %. If they weren`t eligible, they couldn`t receive the help.
LOL

Junction City, KS

#18 Jul 6, 2012
do the math wrote:
<quoted text>Americans eligible for SNAP are 15.1% of the population. Americans receiving the assistance number 14.8 %. If they weren`t eligible, they couldn`t receive the help.
Eligibility is only part of the equation.

I had a couple with one child that rented a two bedroom private home from me on the south side near the hospital. The husband "left" the military with a "less than honorable" discharge. The wife didn't work. They then started on the food stamps. After leaving the military the rental payment ($750) came later and later until they were finally 3 months behind. I assisted them with their utilities because I didn't feel it was right for the child to suffer. It was too hot.

Finally the husband got some construction work and the wife got part time work. Both worked under the radar and they continued to take the food stamps.

Amazingly, they managed to get a huge new television and new rims and tires for the car. A new thumping stereo showed up. High end steaks on the new barbeque were the normal fare. Yet they couldn't pay back the now 5 months of rent.

Eventually I had to evict them. Oh the sobs and crying. I was owed 5 months of rent (because I am such a mean guy) and nearly $1000 in utilities. I kept $500 of their $1000 deposit to repair the holes in the walls, re-paint and replace the carpet I put in two years ago.

In the basement, backyard and shed we found over 130 pounds of empty beer cans and scores of liquor bottles in bags and boxes. Nope, the drinking never stopped or slowed down as their income changed. Neither did they gain any wisdom on how to handle their money. They were too busy being "helped" and taking advantage of the system.

So this story is repeated over and over and over accross the US.

Its noble to help people. Its shitty that so many take advantage.

This is why the system is broke.
tall tales

Junction City, KS

#19 Jul 6, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a couple with one child that rented a two bedroom private home from me on the south side near the hospital. The husband "left" the military with a "less than honorable" discharge. The wife didn't work. They then started on the food stamps. After leaving the military the rental payment ($750) came later and later until they were finally 3 months behind. I assisted them with their utilities because I didn't feel it was right for the child to suffer. It was too hot.
Finally the husband got some construction work and the wife got part time work. Both worked under the radar and they continued to take the food stamps.
Amazingly, they managed to get a huge new television and new rims and tires for the car. A new thumping stereo showed up. High end steaks on the new barbeque were the normal fare. Yet they couldn't pay back the now 5 months of rent.
Eventually I had to evict them. Oh the sobs and crying. I was owed 5 months of rent (because I am such a mean guy) and nearly $1000 in utilities. I kept $500 of their $1000 deposit to repair the holes in the walls, re-paint and replace the carpet I put in two years ago.
In the basement, backyard and shed we found over 130 pounds of empty beer cans and scores of liquor bottles in bags and boxes. Nope, the drinking never stopped or slowed down as their income changed. Neither did they gain any wisdom on how to handle their money. They were too busy being "helped" and taking advantage of the system.
What a crock. No JC landlord let`s (unnecessary apostrophe, LOL) a tenant fall 5 months behind in rent. I seriously doubt you gave back half of a $1000 deposit and fixed holes, painted, AND replaced carpet for $500 that was left over. If this story was true, you should wise up and get out of the rental business before it breaks you.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 6, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
A landlord has no right to preach morality given the business he's in. Those peoples' morality is significantly higher than your own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sundown Salute 9 hr Uptown 1
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) 14 hr Analog man 5,329
Word Association (Jan '09) 15 hr Analog man 1,139
Faith Tabernacle (Nov '10) Jul 3 JY with the KY 2,945
Mr. Dinky Jul 2 yes u r simple 105
Next Mayor in Junction City Is Jun 30 laughable 33
River Walk Landing Landscaping Jun 29 RRW Money Pit 11
More from around the web

Junction City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE