Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot

Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot

There are 50 comments on the KMAN-AM Manhattan story from Feb 23, 2013, titled Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot. In it, KMAN-AM Manhattan reports that:

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning, officers of the Junction City police department were dispatched to an apartment on the 300 block of West 8th street in reference to a subject suffering from a gunshot wound.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMAN-AM Manhattan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
another tragic loss

Junction City, KS

#1 Feb 23, 2013
All indications point to suicide, which has reached endemic levels in the military. Prescription drugs for anxiety and depression, often misprescribed and misused, are to blame for the majority of these tragedies. Alternative treatments are ignored. Pfizer and the other big drug companies are getting rich peddling their poisons to the American public. Medicinal marijuana would be so much more effective in dealing with the problems these dangerous drugs are prescribed for. Another inconvenient truth they don`t want you to know.
How So

Junction City, KS

#2 Feb 23, 2013
"JunctionCity Police A Fort Riley soldier was pronounced dead after a single gunshot.

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning, officers of the Junction City police department were dispatched to an apartment on the 300 block of West 8th street in reference to a subject suffering from a gunshot wound.

Upon arrival, officers discovered a 22 year old Fort Riley soldier suffering from a single gunshot. EMS immediately transported the soldier to Geary Community Hospital, where he was later pronounced deceased.

The indentity of the soldier has not yet been released, due to pending notification of his family.

An autopsy has been scheduled. The incident does not look to be criminal in nature, but the investigation is ongoing."

That's the whole damned article. Where do you come up with "suicide"? Suicide is a criminal act. The article says "The incident does NOT look to be criminal in nature". I wondered how long it would be before some shitass would get on here and start yapping about something they know nothing about. People like you make me sick. Stfu and go smoke your drugs.
okay

Junction City, KS

#3 Feb 23, 2013
How So wrote:
"JunctionCity Police A Fort Riley soldier was pronounced dead after a single gunshot.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a 22 year old Fort Riley soldier suffering from a single gunshot. EMS immediately transported the soldier to Geary Community Hospital, where he was later pronounced deceased.
The indentity of the soldier has not yet been released, due to pending notification of his family.
An autopsy has been scheduled. The incident does not look to be criminal in nature, but the investigation is ongoing."
That's the whole damned article. Where do you come up with "suicide"? Suicide is a criminal act. The article says "The incident does NOT look to be criminal in nature". I wondered how long it would be before some shitass would get on here and start yapping about something they know nothing about. People like you make me sick. Stfu and go smoke your drugs.
Single gunshot. Soldier dead. Does not appear to be a criminal act. Suicide is a criminal act ? How do you prosecute the "criminal" ? Own much stock in Pfizer, douchebag ?
NRA

Junction City, KS

#5 Feb 23, 2013
How So wrote:
A Fort Riley soldier was pronounced dead after a single gunshot.

Upon arrival, officers discovered a 22 year old Fort Riley soldier suffering from a single gunshot.

Evidently, it`s your belief that the gun just "went off" on its own. Guns don`t kill people. People kill people, including themselves. Firearms are the primary cause of death by suicide. Get a clue.
Checkyourfacts

Junction City, KS

#6 Feb 23, 2013
How So wrote:
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Suicide is not a crime. Not criminal in nature would be the euphemism used to say suicide. Criminal in nature combined with gunshot would indicate murder, manslaughter, etc. as possibilities, but not suicide.
Checkyourfacts

Junction City, KS

#7 Feb 23, 2013
It also could mean accidental. Still, suicide is not a crime.
thanks

Junction City, KS

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Checkyourfacts wrote:
<quoted text>
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Suicide is not a crime. Not criminal in nature would be the euphemism used to say suicide. Criminal in nature combined with gunshot would indicate murder, manslaughter, etc. as possibilities, but not suicide.
I appreciate your voice of reason, backed by fact.
courious

Junction City, KS

#9 Feb 23, 2013
How So wrote:
His new wife was arrested a few weeks ago for domestic battery....investigate that lz
Assult

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Supposedly he beat her pretty bad, then shot himself.
2nd hand information, not the gospel.
seriously

Milford, KS

#11 Feb 24, 2013
I find it so sad and idiotic how some of you can down talk someone who isn't even alive to defend himself? I wonder if you people even know the victim or the girlfriend. I think it is about time some people get a life and stop wasting away behind a computer desk 247.
Just imagine one of your dead family members being criticized over if it was accidental or not. Suicide isn't a joke, and it's not funny to fuck around with either.
Assult

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2013
seriously wrote:
I find it so sad and idiotic how some of you can down talk someone who isn't even alive to defend himself? I wonder if you people even know the victim or the girlfriend. I think it is about time some people get a life and stop wasting away behind a computer desk 247.
Just imagine one of your dead family members being criticized over if it was accidental or not. Suicide isn't a joke, and it's not funny to fuck around with either.
100% Agree. Suicide is not a joke. I have had 4 in my family. I do know all about people talking crap over the suicides. I still struggle to this day. And by all means I am not judging them. I do know who they are, that is all. I feel terrible for everyone involved. Trauma is something that changes your life forever. I pray that all his family have people close, to be there for them at this time. They are going to need it.
Lance Armsteroid

Junction City, KS

#13 Feb 24, 2013
courious wrote:
<quoted text> His new wife was arrested a few weeks ago for domestic battery....investigate that lz
"An autopsy has been scheduled. The incident does not look to be criminal in nature..."

Shitass.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Suicide removs the weak from the food chain.
Assult

United States

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Ralphy wrote:
Suicide removs the weak from the food chain.
Or it can produces children that become adults who are strong enough to battle through anything.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Amen brother.
jlw

Sierra Vista, AZ

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Some of know who this person is, yes this was a suicide...
How So wrote:
jlw

Sierra Vista, AZ

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Assult wrote:
Yes this is true facts. Im not going into more details, but the family is holding up ok for now.
Fellow Vet

United States

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Tragic story. I knew him and I'm close with his family. My prayers go out to them. And it's really sad how some of you people get on here and speculate on people you don't know. While you trolls sit behind a computer screen. He was still and alway will be a US army vet. For God sakes show some respect!
American tragedy

Junction City, KS

#20 Feb 25, 2013
Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs, directly or indirectly. May he rest in peace.
your worst nightmare

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Assult wrote:
Listen punk he was one of my best friends we worked together everyday now I advise you shut your mouth and quit throwing out gossip you all need to stop talking about this its none of any of y'alls business so go find something else to spread rumours about and leave the soldier to rest in peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rumors of The Men MC shut down. 14 hr W J Nelson 47
Kangaroo52 - Where Are You? Fri changelings 7
Storm Water in Junction City Fri physics 51
News Tornado rips through several homes near Chapman... May 26 Cheddar Chick 1
Run For The Wall May 25 Charlie Dont Surf 14
Word Association (Jan '09) May 25 Hatti_Hollerand 1,293
Junction City Streets May 24 JC Resident 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages