City Commision Race

Posted in the Junction City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Junction City Voter

Gardner, KS

#1 Jan 21, 2013
With tomorrow being the deadline for candidates to file for City Commission. I was curious what people on here were thinking of the candidates that we know of so far.

Here are the ones that I am aware of thus far.

Mick McCallister

Jim Sands -(filing on Tuesday, incumbent)

Bob Henderson

Mike Ryan

Lawrence Ruiz

Scott Johnson -(says he is running a write in campaign but I think that he will file tomorrow, incumbent)

Are these candidates that people think will do a good job? It is awefully early to tell as we have not heard anyone speaking their mind other than their little little blurbs when they were announcing their candidacy, but I think that many people can make a general statement on this with their knowledge of who these people are and their experiences within their jobs and in the community.

I know that the blurb in the paper lead me to think that Ruiz was not a good candidate as he wants to work on fixing the Fort Riley rules for landlords (which he just happens to be). I am not voting for someone who will be on the board to serve their own purposes!! Oh and I am not going to vote for Scott Johnson for the same reasons.

Other than that I am not too sure about any of these other candidates. Does anyone out there have an opinion?
Concern 4 the future

El Dorado, KS

#2 Jan 22, 2013
You must not be watching city meetings. Scott always has facts to back him up. Don't you want the facts before voting on an issue? You can't just have yes, commissioners and not question what's on the agenda. Or we will be like the usd 475 board. Issues need to be challenged. Plus during work session, citizens need to ask question, it's our tax dollars... Wake up out their, come to meetings before putting your hat in the ring!
Out Their

Junction City, KS

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Concern 4 the future wrote:
You must not be watching city meetings. Scott always has facts to back him up. Don't you want the facts before voting on an issue? You can't just have yes, commissioners and not question what's on the agenda. Or we will be like the usd 475 board. Issues need to be challenged. Plus during work session, citizens need to ask question, it's our tax dollars... Wake up out their, come to meetings before putting your hat in the ring!
I really hope there listening !
Just Vote

Junction City, KS

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Please just get out they`re and vote !
scooter j numnuts

Junction City, KS

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Thanks Scott!We can always tell it's you. "Come to the meeting! Come to the meetings!" Sure. Everyone in JC has absolutely nothing to do except come to your f*cking meeting and watch you make a jackass out of yourself.
lol

Junction City, KS

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Out Their wrote:
<quoted text>I really hope there listening !
Daily Double:

Out THERE

I really hope THEY'RE listening.
volunteers

Junction City, KS

#7 Jan 22, 2013
you must be watching a different commission meeting than the rest of us. Asking questions does not equate to having his facts. Look how many times the attorney has had to let him know that he's wrong.
Scott talks a lot about people contacting them and speaking up, but he has made it more than clear that he doesn't want to hear from anyone who doesn't agree with him.
But - that's not to say that the other commissioners are doing a whole lot better.
FauxJerry

Junction City, KS

#8 Jan 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily Double:
Out THERE
If you would have been paying attention, these were jokes given that the Scooter supporter wrote "Wake up out their." It was their version of grammer nazi. Bravo move Out Their.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#9 Jan 22, 2013
scooter j numnuts wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Scott!We can always tell it's you. "Come to the meeting! Come to the meetings!" Sure. Everyone in JC has absolutely nothing to do except come to your f*cking meeting and watch you make a jackass out of yourself.
More paranoia from Jerry, who's dumb enough to think Scott actually reads Topix.
Scooter J Diklicker

Fort Riley, KS

#10 Jan 22, 2013
He reads it daily and posts retarded bullsh*t all over topix. You can tell it is him because his whiney illiterate posts are full of nonsensicle blabber. Very entertaining, though Unlike kangaroo who just posts boring redundant blabber.
Penny

Junction City, KS

#11 Jan 22, 2013
And you don'?

Since: Jul 12

Junction City, KS

#12 Jan 22, 2013
It doesn't really matter who is on the city commision! It is just a dog and pony show to rubber stamp anything to f**k the taxpayers.
The next big thing is going to be an expensive sports complex.These things always start small then take on a life of their own.
Why can't they use our tax dollars to fix the f**king streets instead of wasting it on crap like that.
Remember North park and how that was going to be a regional baseball park that was going to draw millions to JC. Hows that working for us?
Rod

Junction City, KS

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Scooter J Diklicker wrote:
He reads it daily and posts retarded bullsh*t all over topix. You can tell it is him because his whiney illiterate posts are full of nonsensicle blabber. Very entertaining, though Unlike kangaroo who just posts boring redundant blabber.
Kinda like your post. Do us all a favor and go back to what you do best. Your name says it all peter eater. by the way wipe your chin off.
at Bob

Junction City, KS

#14 Jan 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily Double:
Out THERE
Their you have it ! LOL!!!
thanks

Junction City, KS

#15 Jan 22, 2013
FauxJerry wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would have been paying attention, these were jokes given that the Scooter supporter wrote "Wake up out their." It was their version of grammer nazi. Bravo move Out Their.
Pithy quotes, satire, and intellectual humor are lost on the average Topix poster , even Jerry Bob.
xyz

Junction City, KS

#16 Jan 23, 2013
Rod wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like your post. Do us all a favor and go back to what you do best. Your name says it all peter eater. by the way wipe your chin off.
<--- Scott J.
Scooter J Diklicker

Junction City, KS

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Penny wrote:
And you don'?
Learn to spell, dumass.
Stupid

Junction City, KS

#19 Jan 23, 2013
Scooter J Diklicker wrote:
<quoted text>Learn to spell, dumass.
dumbass

Since: Apr 13

De Witt, IA

#20 Apr 1, 2013
For all of those who are making negative responses in this forum quit your complaining. If you believe you can make a difference then put your name in the big hat and run.
I didn't hear anything about a question and answer get together with the candidates however. It takes more than one person to make ones concerns happen. At least Scott Johnson tried to help with the issues with Junction City.
In other words you complaining bunch of crybaby mambe wambe's Grow Up stand up and voice your opinions don't complain and make nothing happen.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#21 Apr 1, 2013
Come on gang, Acorn Resorts is going to need your support and money to expand. Don't ya have a vision for the future???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Munson Angus Beef 30 min sigh 26
And Still A Christian Soldier Cannot Wear An Ex... 1 hr dreamer 16
Should pit bulls be legal???? (Mar '09) 3 hr Heisenberg 327
Racist Black Girl Assaults White Students For E... 7 hr The Facts 4
What if Ebola Epidemic Occurs during a governme... 16 hr K State Grad 4
Repubs will fail miserably in next election. 18 hr realist 9
Obama Appears at Democratic Rally and Democrats... 18 hr realist 5
Junction City Dating
Find my Match

Junction City Jobs