Get your facts straight

Junction City, KS

#1 Apr 7, 2013
I read in the daily union today the top 15 paid city employees. Where was the fire chief at in this list? Public records at the jc website show a different story on the top 15. The article also referenced the fire department and how much they will see in an increase what happened to addressing the police department pay?

The article was very biased by the editor. Why did she pick these 15 people? When the public records reveal a different story.

Get your facts straight before you write public information.
transparency

Junction City, KS

#2 Apr 7, 2013
I`ve always felt that pay was a matter of public record. If there`s nothing to hide on the employers` parts , open-book wages give an employee something to strive for. Companies that reward their screw-ups because they`re in the Old Boy network hate this concept, because it reveals too many inconvenient truths. F**k up and move up is the rule now , and is the root of all that is wrong with the USA, and the Conservative philosophy in general.
Winston

Junction City, KS

#3 Apr 8, 2013
The residence of JC doesn't care. They have just elected the retired fire chief, and the father of a fireman, and placed a former fireman on the School Board. The CM, I believe, was once a fireman who has a salary survey saying that city employees are not paid enough. Funny when wages across nation are stagnant. What does all this mean, I don' know, but it looks to me like the Foxes are now in charge of the chicken coop.
Curious George

Vassar, KS

#4 Apr 9, 2013
True, the fireman stick together and get whatever they want.

Does not matter if they know anything or not either.

JC is pathetic!
Did a little research

Sierra Vista, AZ

#5 Apr 9, 2013
If you go to the official Junciton City website and look at the minutes for 2-5-13 here is the weblink

http://www.junctioncity-ks.gov/agendalist.asp...

If you look at that document you will see as an example the fire chief and some of the police sergeants make more money than some of the positions listed in the paper.

Where did this editor get her information? Was it spoon fed to her. Get you fact straight.

Why were they left off of the dailyunion editors list of the top 15 paid city employees? Bias????
link

Junction City, KS

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Did a little research wrote:
If you go to the official Junciton City website and look at the minutes for 2-5-13 here is the weblink
http://www.junctioncity-ks.gov/agendalist.asp...
If you look at that document you will see as an example the fire chief and some of the police sergeants make more money than some of the positions listed in the paper.
Where did this editor get her information? Was it spoon fed to her. Get you fact straight.
Why were they left off of the dailyunion editors list of the top 15 paid city employees? Bias????
Your link doesn't work,
jc voter

Spring Hill, KS

#7 Apr 10, 2013
There is not currently a fire chief, only an interim fire chief. So maybe his salary does not fall in the top 15 in the city. I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alabama Embarassments Nov 21 Big Red One 5
What do you think are the three biggest problem... Nov 21 It is all down hill 102
feelings about the candidate forum Nov 19 Jcp 13
kinfolk mc member a snitch! (Dec '16) Nov 17 Lora Cheatham 20
Who Do You Support For Kansas Governor In 2018 Nov 17 Ben Gozzie 50
County Commission Nov 17 roadglide 9
Fortyfifth POTUS (May '17) Nov 17 roadglide 20

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages