Why Unions SUCK!!!
proud to be union

Junction City, KS

#89 Feb 24, 2013
Reagan busted the union because he could. The air traffic controllers supported him in his election bid. Once the floodgates were open, next came a paper mill and a copper mine.
The reason patco was striking? Crazy long hours and antiquated equipment.
More Union Lies

Junction City, KS

#90 Feb 24, 2013
Following failed efforts to reach a contract agreement, the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO), a union affiliate of the AFL-CIO, polled its members for a strike vote on 31 July 1981.

Ninety-five percent of the air traffic controllers voted to strike. PATCO president Robert Poli set the strike date at 3 August if union demands were not met.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the employer of the air traffic controllers, refused to change the last offer to the union. President Ronald Reagan, who had been supported by PATCO in his bid for election less than a year before, announced on 3 August that if the strikers did not return to work within 48 hours, their jobs would be terminated.

Reagan decertified the union and fired 11,359 air traffic controllers for not returning to work. The move enforced a 1955 regulation that denied federal employees the right to strike.

His forceful action against the strikers set the tone for labor-management relations for a generation. This quick and decisive action established Reagan's image as a tough president.

The FAA Air Traffic Controllers were responsible for one job: The safe movement of flights across the United States and around the globe.

"McCartin, associate professor of history at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., is writing a book about the air traffic controllers’ strike, in which President Ronald Reagan fired 11,359 federal employees.

McCartin said overwhelmingly, the members of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) were white male ex-military, having learned their profession in the armed services.

They were among the highest-paid federal employees, and had skills that it took at least three years to acquire.

Their union was politically conservative, and backed Ronald Reagan in the 1980 presidential election.

They wanted the Federal Aviation Administration to agree to better working conditions, better pay and a shorter workweek.

Reagan, a former leader of the Screen Actors Guild, told them he understood their grievances.
But they came to feel he betrayed their trust. FAA didn’t budge in contract negotiations.

It is illegal for federal employees to strike, but others had done so without repercussions. When PATCO members struck on Aug. 3, 1981, Reagan told them to return to work within 48 hours or be fired and permanently banned them from federal service.

They thought their strike would bring commercial aviation to a halt, and that public opinion would not tolerate it. But one in 10 strikers crossed the picket line, and kept airport control towers operating alongside managers and military controllers.

And the public rallied around Reagan for standing up to so-called “union blackmail,” McCartin said."

Reprinted from the "Union Review" website as reported from the Northwest Labor Press

http://unionreview.com/labor-still-reeling-19...

Get your history right and quit sucking that union dong.
proud to be union

Junction City, KS

#91 Feb 24, 2013
My goodness you're an angry little person. Inflammatory statements, overt hostility, baiting, I'm glad you're not in a union.
Like I said, crazy long hours and obsolete equipment caused the strike. That's what you get when you back a tool like reagan.
Raplhy

Milford, KS

#92 Feb 24, 2013
The last time I voted, it seemed like I was the only one in that little cubbyhole. Unions do normally prefer that you vote Democrat but your the one with the crayon when you vote. Grow up.
More Union Lies

Junction City, KS

#93 Feb 25, 2013
proud to be union wrote:
My goodness you're an angry little person. Inflammatory statements, overt hostility, baiting, I'm glad you're not in a union.
Like I said, crazy long hours and obsolete equipment caused the strike. That's what you get when you back a tool like reagan.
proud to be union wrote:
Like I said, crazy long hours and obsolete equipment caused the strike.
"...the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) were white male ex-military, having learned their profession in the armed services."

"They were among the highest-paid federal employees, and had skills that it took at least three years to acquire."

"They wanted the Federal Aviation Administration to agree to better working conditions, better pay and a shorter workweek."

They were already "among the highest-paid federal employees" and PAY was their number one strike issue.

They were working 5 day weeks, 8 hour days with an hour lunch and 4 15 minute breaks and were not allowed any overtime, yet they were demanding a 32 hour work week and More Money.

The MYTH about the "obsolete equipment" is history revisionist bull-ogna. The first time "obsolete equipment" was mentioned was in a NYT article 6 weeks AFTER Reagan fired the controllers for their ILLEGAL STRIKE.

So for More Money and a work week less than most part time employees at McDonalds these Union Thugs were willing to take the entire nation Hostage?

"The union leadership, under, Poli was seeking several conditions an increase in pay for controllers who earned between $20,462 to $49,229. The increase was to be $10,000.

In addition, the union sought a five-day 32-hour work week with the ability to retire after 20 years.

The federal government felt as if PATCO was holding the government hostage. The total cost of this compensation package was estimated to have been $770 million.

Poli argued that the controllers had earned these stipulations due to the stressful nature of their jobs. The FAA, in bargaining, counter offered a $40 million package with the shorter hours, but only a 10% increase in pay.

Many pundits found that offer to be more than fair except PATCO. 95% of the membership rejected the offer."

http://historyrat.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/re...

Take that Union pud out of your mouth and tell me some more of your lies.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#94 Feb 25, 2013
More Union Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

http://historyrat.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/re...
Take that Union pud out of your mouth and tell me some more of your lies.
Sorry, but a blog written by and 8th grade history teacher doesn't change the facts - you can wish the facts away, you can repeat your dreams over and over, but it won't change history.2526
More Union Lies

Junction City, KS

#95 Feb 25, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but a blog written by and 8th grade history teacher doesn't change the facts - you can wish the facts away, you can repeat your dreams over and over, but it won't change history.2526
Hahaha. The quotes come from the McMartin book heralded by the Union Review...or did you simply decide to dismiss the entire article because it didn't read the way you wish it did.

http://unionreview.com/labor-still-reeling-19...

How long you gonna suck that thing anyway?
More Union Lies

Junction City, KS

#96 Feb 25, 2013
(sic) McCartin
favcax

Monessen, PA

#97 Feb 25, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch...
Cause inflation
proud to be union

Junction City, KS

#98 Feb 25, 2013
What happened to you to make you feel so angry? I'm guessing American workers choosing to organize isn't the only issue that causes you to spout hateful venom behind a curtain of anonymity. Your senseless vulgarities aren't convincing me of anything other than you are insecure.
Sylvester Morris

Marion, IL

#99 Feb 25, 2013
More union lies,
Whats wrong did you not get hired for that union job? You seem like your mad or jealous or both. I think your one of those guys that lived in mom's basement until your late twenties or early thirties, then you moved to a trailer park because that's all your job at mc donalds allows you to afford. Sorry you don't have a good union job with benefits, but you shouldn't hate others because they do.
LMAO

Junction City, KS

#100 Feb 25, 2013
Sylvester Morris wrote:
More union lies,
Whats wrong did you not get hired for that union job? You seem like your mad or jealous or both. I think your one of those guys that lived in mom's basement until your late twenties or early thirties, then you moved to a trailer park because that's all your job at mc donalds allows you to afford. Sorry you don't have a good union job with benefits, but you shouldn't hate others because they do.
Jerry`s getting a well-deserved thrashing tonight. Gotta love it !
LOL

Junction City, KS

#101 Feb 26, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>Jerry`s getting a well-deserved thrashing tonight. Gotta love it !
Whatever. I note that there is not one "fact" in any of the comments. Well, when you got no fact, no evidence and a shitbox full of lies and misstatements I guess all your are left with is speculation and insults. You don't phase me in the least, girls.

That union dong still tasting good? LOL!!!
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#102 Feb 26, 2013
It always goes to this level when the truth goes away.
typical

Junction City, KS

#103 Feb 26, 2013
Ralphy wrote:
It always goes to this level when the truth goes away.
Jerry`s getting rebuffed on every thread lately and he`s frustrated. This leads to desparation and more lies and half truths. He gets less support and respect than even the Kangaroo does and it`s getting into his head now.
LOL

Junction City, KS

#104 Feb 26, 2013
typical wrote:
<quoted text>Jerry`s getting rebuffed on every thread lately and he`s frustrated. This leads to desparation and more lies and half truths. He gets less support and respect than even the Kangaroo does and it`s getting into his head now.
LOL!! Whatever, Trevor. I'm still waiting for you to put on your big boy pants, take union pud out of your mouth and be man enough to admit you were wrong about the facts. Of course you won't. You can't. Telling the truth and posting facts is foreign to your upbringing.

(And it's spelled "desperation", dumbass.)
LOL

Junction City, KS

#105 Feb 26, 2013
proud to be union wrote:
What happened to you to make you feel so angry? I'm guessing American workers choosing to organize isn't the only issue that causes you to spout hateful venom behind a curtain of anonymity. Your senseless vulgarities aren't convincing me of anything other than you are insecure.
Just trying to be like a Union Member...that's all.

Longshore Union Member Attacks Media (WARNING: EXTREME FOUL MOUTH)

This little Union POS must be REEEEEEEEEALL insecure. LOL!
Sylvester Morris

Leavenworth, KS

#107 Feb 26, 2013
LOL,
It's obvious from reading your posts that you are a loser. You are extremely mad and jealous of anyone who has made anything of themselves. It's nobodies fault but yours that your life sucks. Go ahead and post your anti union rants, i will stil go to my good union job tomorrow, while you will wake up in mom's basement and go make french fries for a living. If you weren't so stupid i would almost feel sorry for oyur pathetic little self.
IOW

United States

#108 Feb 26, 2013
Sylvester Morris wrote:
LOL,
It's obvious from reading your posts that you are a loser. You are extremely mad and jealous of anyone who has made anything of themselves. It's nobodies fault but yours that your life sucks. Go ahead and post your anti union rants, i will stil go to my good union job tomorrow, while you will wake up in mom's basement and go make french fries for a living. If you weren't so stupid i would almost feel sorry for oyur pathetic little self.
Sweetiepants, I have gambled and wonthe more at one setting than you make in a year at your pathetic, overvalued "job". Keep sucking that Union Dong!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#109 Mar 20, 2013
JERRY IS JUST A WHORE for the Koch Brothers and others who manipulate him like the clueless little puppet that he is. He hates unions because he hates working folk. He is a coward and a liar.

Take for instance his repeated vulgarity, "keep sucking on union dong". The thing is, unions, unlike management, are deomocratic. Whoever is in a leadership position in a union was put there by the members and only the members. There is no one higher ina union than the individual menbers; we are all brothers and sisters.

JERRY IS A JUST A BITTER OLD WHITE crank who hates working folk. He resents us because he has useless adult children who sponge off of him while we support ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alabama Embarassments 14 hr Happy Trails Roy 22
Fortyfifth POTUS (May '17) 15 hr Welcome back Bob 27
Mr. Dinky (Mar '15) Mon This can not 244
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Mon Freddie 5,868
What do you think are the three biggest problem... (Jun '17) Dec 11 Poor Toni 111
Who Do You Support For Kansas Governor In 2018 Dec 11 Poor Toni 56
News Parole denied for Milford murderer (Mar '09) Dec 9 Opal Miller 14

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages