Why Unions SUCK!!!
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Unions Suck

Junction City, KS

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Hurricane Sandy. 45 million without power. Elderly pleading for help. 45,000 in projects without power.

A call goes out for assistance.

Alabama electrical workers VOLUNTEER to help and are turned away and called scabs.

Why? Alabama electrical workers are non-union.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/alab...

So the real deal is this.

Let more people possibly die as the freezing weather (due in 4 days) arrives and no one has had power for 6 days...but by god don't let those damned non-union scabs help.

Unions suck.
not true

Junction City, KS

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Unions Suck wrote:
Hurricane Sandy. 45 million without power. Elderly pleading for help. 45,000 in projects without power.
A call goes out for assistance.
Alabama electrical workers VOLUNTEER to help and are turned away and called scabs.
Why? Alabama electrical workers are non-union.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/alab...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dtnrwlznzw4XX
So the real deal is this.
Let more people possibly die as the freezing weather (due in 4 days) arrives and no one has had power for 6 days...but by god don't let those damned non-union scabs help.
Unions suck.
Why don't go ahead and read the updated story which clarifies that this never happened http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/alab...

The person who claims to have received correspondence implying that the workers needed to be union couldn't produce a copy of it, another company that was named in the original story is union and never had a crew even go to the disaster area and the third company said they went and had no problems.
karlbuzz1

Prairieville, LA

#3 Nov 3, 2012
It did happen. I heard the audio recording on the radio of union members (males) yelling scab and you're trying to take jobs from our families.
Dave

Geneva, IL

#4 Nov 3, 2012
I heard the same thing, I heard it on Shaun Hanidy but he has a clear one sided agenda so I was going to take it with a grain of salt. I then heard it again on the Steve Cochran show, a completely different station, male union workers yelling out calling the Alabama workers SCABS and that " you are stealing food from our childrens mouths " I could not believe it, I am a union member and I am embarrased, if the President and Governor, two seperate parties can stand together and say politics dont matter in a time like this what the hell does these idiots think that there doing?? talk about giving ammunition to the anti union movement, we have people cold sick starving who have lost everything, even family members lives, turn the f-ing power on and shut up, save the political crap for after the job is done
IBEW

Junction City, KS

#5 Nov 3, 2012
http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonun... Turns out it was a lie. The dumbasses were too stupid to figure out their own rules. Submit your apologies now. And Joe Wheeler crews, who were supposedly turned away also, are union. So how about thanking all the union crews out there working their asses off, getting the power on in a way the nonunion crews can't, and turn fixed news off.
just a guess

Junction City, KS

#6 Nov 3, 2012
My guess is that the radio clips were not from this incident. Probably some old clips from when non-union workers crossed a picket line. No where in any of the stories is there an allegation of these guys being called names.
Considering the fact that no one was turned away because they were not union it is unlikely that any of the workers were cursed.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 3, 2012
More Faux News spam
Really

Osage City, KS

#8 Nov 10, 2012
It was NOT a lie. Multiple non-union utility workers were turned away, or just left to wait in staging without receiving dispatch orders. To date there have been at least 6 cases of this that have been reported and countless others that didn't bother reporting it because they just left in disgust.
Really

Osage City, KS

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Unions, the people in them, those running them and those who politically back them are a stain and a plague on this great nation. They regularly participate in coercion and extortion, which has been made legal only for unions to do, for a very long time.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Really wrote:
It was NOT a lie. Multiple non-union utility workers were turned away, or just left to wait in staging without receiving dispatch orders. To date there have been at least 6 cases of this that have been reported and countless others that didn't bother reporting it because they just left in disgust.
That's called "anecdotal evidence," schmuck. As a low-information voter exploited by Faux News and the like you are not privy to the exact nature of what occurred. As many if not most nonunion shops offer poor benefits to their employees, it is possible the government entitites and the like in the stricken area sough to avoid liability of their own should one of these scabs be kiled or injured and legal action occur.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 15, 2012
Really wrote:
Unions, the people in them, those running them and those who politically back them are a stain and a plague on this great nation.
Only to a traitor such as yourself. It is you and the teabagger scum like yourself who are antiamerican scum.
They regularly participate in coercion and extortion, which has been made legal only for unions to do, for a very long time.
Bullsht. Exhibits 1 and 2: Papa John's Pizza and Darden
Restaurants coercing folks over the ACA. Their management are oozy, oily scum like you who would fit nicely into the Metternich regime in counterrevolutionary Austria.
see it everyday

Junction City, KS

#17 Nov 15, 2012
As far as turning away help, that was shown to be a falsehood immediately. But if there is any question about the good union people being skeptical, I can't blame them.
When working with something potentially dangerous like electicity, it's always an uncomfortable feeling when the rats show up. Their lack of training, disregard for safety, poor work ethic, and general sloppiness put lives at risk. Frankly, work goes better and more safely without them.
Really

Osage City, KS

#18 Nov 15, 2012
I have been prevented from posting the truth on this subject by the moderators at least 7 times. I have posted link after link of evidence that the moderators will not let be posted.
Really

Osage City, KS

#19 Nov 15, 2012
I even attempted to start a new thread, hoping they might miss it, but no. It does not fit their agenda.
Really

Osage City, KS

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Even tried posting with my registered account, but they would not allow the non-profane posts.
Really

Osage City, KS

#21 Nov 15, 2012
Really

Osage City, KS

#22 Nov 15, 2012
One of non-union truckers carrying loads of transformers being turned away because they weren't union:

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/11/0...
Really

Osage City, KS

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Another one of utility workers turned away?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/theres-more...
Really

Osage City, KS

#24 Nov 15, 2012
VERY implicating article and accompanying picture of a letter with union demands:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/amid-sandys...
Really

Osage City, KS

#25 Nov 15, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Dinky 2 hr naacp 39
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) 8 hr Whiny1 5,272
Word Association (Jan '09) Tue Honest Babe 1,107
Not Bright May 24 no win 5
is the son's of silence taking over junction ci... May 22 FOB 28
JC needs to stop hiring losers!! May 19 JC Football 9
12 years (Apr '09) May 19 Thank You Buddy 114
More from around the web

Junction City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE