First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LOL

Junction City, KS

#21 Feb 27, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to figure out what your point is - what exactly is it that Obama is full of crap about. You keep running on and on about --- what exactly???
Maybe if you read really slowly and carefully.

Post #2 made the statement that "The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices."

What did Obama say about that in 2008?

"For the well-off in this country," Obama said in May 2008, "high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis."

In August that year, he declared rising energy costs to be "one of the most dangerous and urgent threats this nation has ever faced" and that gas prices "are wiping out paychecks and straining businesses."

Obama further blamed Bush stating that; "Washington's failure to lead on energy," which was "turning the middle-class squeeze into a devastating vise-grip for millions of Americans."

So, in the words of Obama, the gas prices are high due to the failures of Bush...or in other words, the high fuel prices are the fault of the President.

After all, it's his "policies" that have driven the market...correct?

Now follow me here, because this part is real simple...

Last February President Obama was starting to notice the political implications of rising gas prices. So he sent Robert Gibbs, his top campaign adviser, out to tell the public not to worry.

Gibbs said, "Our domestic oil production is at an eight-year high, and our use of foreign oil is at a 16-year low. So we're making progress."

So...which is it?

Obama has failed to lead on his energy policies to the point that fuel is as high or higher than it was when he made the assertions about Bush.

If it is progress now, it stands to reason it was progress then.

You can't have it both ways.

Or, more to the point, Obama is full of crap and neither time was there any progress. Just more of the same.

Of course, making old George pee his pants is a side benefit of speaking factually.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#22 Feb 27, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you read really slowly and carefully.
Post #2 made the statement that "The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices."
What did Obama say about that in 2008?
"For the well-off in this country," Obama said in May 2008, "high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis."
In August that year, he declared rising energy costs to be "one of the most dangerous and urgent threats this nation has ever faced" and that gas prices "are wiping out paychecks and straining businesses."
Obama further blamed Bush stating that; "Washington's failure to lead on energy," which was "turning the middle-class squeeze into a devastating vise-grip for millions of Americans."
So, in the words of Obama, the gas prices are high due to the failures of Bush...or in other words, the high fuel prices are the fault of the President.
After all, it's his "policies" that have driven the market...correct?
Now follow me here, because this part is real simple...
Last February President Obama was starting to notice the political implications of rising gas prices. So he sent Robert Gibbs, his top campaign adviser, out to tell the public not to worry.
Gibbs said, "Our domestic oil production is at an eight-year high, and our use of foreign oil is at a 16-year low. So we're making progress."
So...which is it?
Obama has failed to lead on his energy policies to the point that fuel is as high or higher than it was when he made the assertions about Bush.
If it is progress now, it stands to reason it was progress then.
You can't have it both ways.
Or, more to the point, Obama is full of crap and neither time was there any progress. Just more of the same.
Of course, making old George pee his pants is a side benefit of speaking factually.
Okay humor me - let's take this one step at a time - yes or no, five years ago when Obama the candidate was critical of the existing energy policy was he correct?
Simple question - can you possibly give a simple answer - yes or no

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#23 Feb 27, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to figure out what your point is - what exactly is it that Obama is full of crap about. You keep running on and on about --- what exactly???
Jerry just posts the thought of the day from the Republican National Committee Headquarters. The point is to trick the rubes into pulling the "R' lever and thereby voting against themselves.
Sad to watch

Junction City, KS

#24 Feb 27, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
The old codger`s got a cut and paste fetish and a vendetta against anybody not in lockstep with his beliefs. Retirement, boredom, and a crotchety demeanor fuel his passion.
LOL

Junction City, KS

#25 Feb 28, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay humor me - let's take this one step at a time - yes or no, five years ago when Obama the candidate was critical of the existing energy policy was he correct?

Simple question - can you possibly give a simple answer - yes or no
Why not just answer the question?

But then, you would like to make this about me instead of the current POTUS and his ever changing positions.

Your attempted diversion is denied.

The statement that "The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices." was negated by Obama in 2008.

True or false? Simple question.
Sad to watch

Junction City, KS

#26 Feb 28, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
But then, you would like to make this about me instead of the current POTUS and his ever changing positions.
The statement that "The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices." was negated by Obama in 2008.
Damn it ! Somebody answer his question already. Stop screwing with the man , he`s a senior discount recipient and benevolent pillar of this community. He deserves an answer.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#27 Feb 28, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously ?!?! get a clue, you were asked a question a simple yes or no question and you can't answer it that figures - I guess I didn't really think you would.
BTW Obama never said the POTUS controls gas prices.
Unless you can give me a one word answer to my question you pretty much have invalidated yourself.
rough patch

Junction City, KS

#28 Feb 28, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously ?!?! get a clue, you were asked a question a simple yes or no question and you can't answer it that figures - I guess I didn't really think you would.
BTW Obama never said the POTUS controls gas prices.
Unless you can give me a one word answer to my question you pretty much have invalidated yourself.
Jerry`s had a tough week on Topix. It`s about damn time. LMAO !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Junction City Streets Jun 24 JCFootball 34
Mr. Dinky (Mar '15) Jun 24 Clueless 203
Chief Brown Retires Jun 24 Glad he is out 13
Who is patrolling Geary county Jun 21 what a crock 2
Cops using their badges to hide behind Jun 20 to bad 56
White Oak Jun 19 Janna 7
Sunny's Jun 14 SMDH 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages