Next Last
worth a thousand words

Junction City, KS

#1 Feb 25, 2013
nice try Jerry

Junction City, KS

#2 Feb 25, 2013
worth a thousand words wrote:
http://www.teapartytribune.com /wp-content/uploads/2011/01/me anwhile-at-the-pump.jpg
Pulled from the brink
The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Simplistic, but the rubes are immune to nuances so Jerry comes here to try to put the wool over their eyes.
george bush

Junction City, KS

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Yes he does! There's a gas price dial in his office and on days when he hates everybody, he turns up the dial. Here lately he's hated republicans. So indirectly, republicans are responsible for the gas prices, right?
LOL

Junction City, KS

#5 Feb 26, 2013
nice try Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>The POTUS doesn`t control gas prices.
Unless they are Republicans....right? Hahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

15 Times Obama and Top Dems Blame Bush For Gas Prices (CRISIS!!!)

Really you Democrats are so predictably hypocritical.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#6 Feb 26, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they are Republicans....right? Hahahaha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
15 Times Obama and Top Dems Blame Bush For Gas Prices (CRISIS!!!)
Really you Democrats are so predictably hypocritical.
Good post, Very typical - I watched most of it but it became pretty clear pretty quick that most of the clips they were showing were not of people blaming bush for raising gas prices, they were talking more about the lack of a comprehensive energy policy and the huge tax breaks that are given to big corporations, and other Republican fiscal policies that have led to the destruction of our economy. But what really kills this entire piece is when they show half a sentence - that's how things are taken out context. But I've got to ask, how is "but .. but .. but ..the other person did it too?" a mature argument?
good call

Junction City, KS

#7 Feb 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, Very typical - I watched most of it but it became pretty clear pretty quick that most of the clips they were showing were not of people blaming bush for raising gas prices, they were talking more about the lack of a comprehensive energy policy and the huge tax breaks that are given to big corporations, and other Republican fiscal policies that have led to the destruction of our economy. But what really kills this entire piece is when they show half a sentence - that's how things are taken out context. But I've got to ask, how is "but .. but .. but ..the other person did it too?" a mature argument?
Some people never mature, even as they approach their 68th birthday, like Jerry. He took such a whoopin` on this thread and the soldier`s death thread the past couple of days that he`s grasping at straws and using his usual shop-worn Republican arguments. Pay him no heed, he`s not taking his prescribed meds.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#8 Feb 26, 2013
I wonder if Obummer can get that Brazil refinery money back for us????
flipflopper

Spring Hill, KS

#9 Feb 26, 2013
Ralphy wrote:
I wonder if Obummer can get that Brazil refinery money back for us????
If not, he can call a republican to do it. They can do anything! If only they were in charge, there would be no crime, no unemployment, no taxes, no poor, no disease, no pollution, no terrorists, no government, no gay people, no bad food, no droughts, no storms, and gas would cost five cents a gallon! Too bad there's one invincible black man standing in their way. DAMN HIM!
LOL

Junction City, KS

#10 Feb 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that the POTUS CAN do something about the gas prices. Gotcha.

Thanks.

(Oh and "the other person did it too" is a poor argument. I am sure that you called Obama on that throughout his first 4 years, right?)
too funny

Junction City, KS

#11 Feb 26, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that the POTUS CAN do something about the gas prices. Gotcha.
Thanks.
(Oh and "the other person did it too" is a poor argument. I am sure that you called Obama on that throughout his first 4 years, right?)
Try to keep up here - my post wasn't about whether or not the President, whether Republican or Democrat can control gas prices. What I'm saying in response to your post is that the clip you posted does not show hypocracy on behalf of the dems, like it claims it does, Rather what it does show is a misconstruing of the comments and in some cases flat out misrepresentation.
And the fact that all you have submited for an argument is that "but the democrats said that when bush was in office."
LOL

Junction City, KS

#12 Feb 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up here - my post wasn't about whether or not the President, whether Republican or Democrat can control gas prices. What I'm saying in response to your post is that the clip you posted does not show hypocracy on behalf of the dems, like it claims it does, Rather what it does show is a misconstruing of the comments and in some cases flat out misrepresentation.
And the fact that all you have submited for an argument is that "but the democrats said that when bush was in office."
Then you need to keep all the way up.

Let's start with something simple:

When gas prices hit $4 a gallon in 2008, candidate Barack Obama said it was due to previous failed energy policies. Now that prices are heading still higher, President Obama calls it progress.

Last February President Obama was starting to notice the political implications. So he sent Robert Gibbs — now a top campaign adviser — out to tell the public not to worry.

"Just on Friday, the Department of the Interior issued permits that will expand our exploration in the Arctic," Gibbs said Sunday. "Our domestic oil production is at an eight-year high, and our use of foreign oil is at a 16-year low. So we're making progress."

"Progress" isn't exactly how Obama described the country's energy picture in 2008, when gas prices were closing in on $4 a gallon. Then, it was a clear sign of "Washington's failure to lead on energy," which was "turning the middle-class squeeze into a devastating vise-grip for millions of Americans."

"For the well-off in this country," Obama said in May 2008, "high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis."

In August that year, he declared rising energy costs to be "one of the most dangerous and urgent threats this nation has ever faced" and that gas prices "are wiping out paychecks and straining businesses."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0221...

So when Bush is president it's his failing policies or "his fault" that gas is getting expensive.

But when Obama is president and gas his doing the same thing it's "progress"?

Well which is it? Failure or progress? According to Obama, Bush had the ability to somehow change the fuel prices. Or was that all just more of his BS?

It's all Obama double talk. But you can believe it if you want to. Lol.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 26, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you need to keep all the way up.
Let's start with something simple:
When gas prices hit $4 a gallon in 2008, candidate Barack Obama said it was due to previous failed energy policies. Now that prices are heading still higher, President Obama calls it progress.
Last February President Obama was starting to notice the political implications. So he sent Robert Gibbs — now a top campaign adviser — out to tell the public not to worry.
"Just on Friday, the Department of the Interior issued permits that will expand our exploration in the Arctic," Gibbs said Sunday. "Our domestic oil production is at an eight-year high, and our use of foreign oil is at a 16-year low. So we're making progress."
"Progress" isn't exactly how Obama described the country's energy picture in 2008, when gas prices were closing in on $4 a gallon. Then, it was a clear sign of "Washington's failure to lead on energy," which was "turning the middle-class squeeze into a devastating vise-grip for millions of Americans."
"For the well-off in this country," Obama said in May 2008, "high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis."
In August that year, he declared rising energy costs to be "one of the most dangerous and urgent threats this nation has ever faced" and that gas prices "are wiping out paychecks and straining businesses."
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0221...
So when Bush is president it's his failing policies or "his fault" that gas is getting expensive.
But when Obama is president and gas his doing the same thing it's "progress"?
Well which is it? Failure or progress? According to Obama, Bush had the ability to somehow change the fuel prices. Or was that all just more of his BS?
It's all Obama double talk. But you can believe it if you want to. Lol.
More bullsht spin from rethuglican schlockmeister Jerry
IOW

United States

#14 Feb 26, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
More bullsht spin from rethuglican schlockmeister Jerry
George is too dumb to post fact or debate fact.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 26, 2013
IOW wrote:
<quoted text>
George is too dumb to post fact or debate fact.
You never do Jerry
LOL

Junction City, KS

#16 Feb 27, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
You never do Jerry
Great rebuttal. You sound like Peewee Herman.

"I know you are but what am I?"

Try your best to prove that your boy Obama isn't full of crap on the fuel prices.

Oh wait...you can't.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 27, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Great rebuttal. You sound like Peewee Herman.
"I know you are but what am I?"
Try your best to prove that your boy Obama isn't full of crap on the fuel prices.
Oh wait...you can't.
He ain't "my boy," Jerry, you racist prik. He's just the latest conservadem running the executive branch.
Cracking Up

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
He ain't "my boy," Jerry, you racist prik. He's just the latest conservadem running the executive branch.
Jerry > Roo
equality

Junction City, KS

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Cracking Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry > Roo
Jerry = Roo
too funny

Junction City, KS

#20 Feb 27, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait...you can't.
Still trying to figure out what your point is - what exactly is it that Obama is full of crap about. You keep running on and on about --- what exactly???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Sat 2twisted 5,795
Word Association (Jan '09) Feb 23 Hatti_Hollerand 1,375
Dinky and Not taking care of employees Feb 22 Disappointing 9
does anybody remember the Kaw theater (Oct '09) Feb 19 Eddie bo 3
Countries With Border Walls and Barriers Feb 18 black russian 7
Kentucky Fried Chicken Feb 16 Curious 12
So God Made A Liberal Feb 15 gallows for traitors 12

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance