Next Last
BLOOD PIG

Dallas, GA

#21 Aug 16, 2010
Sorry about the double post. My computer froze, lol
treefrog

United States

#22 Aug 21, 2010
i also worked there for 2 years. i was a tm and got really sick and was put in the hospital for 5 days. i called in everyday and let my om michelle know what was going on. i went back to work after a doctors released and had missed a total of 10 days. last i heard jamie wilcox was supposed to watch my team. when i cam back brian took me into hr's office after a surprise party from my agents. he told me that i was being demoted bc of too many tms. said that i could go back to being an agent if not then i would have to leave that day. i decided to go back to being an agent bc i have 3 kids to worry about. i found out 5 of us got demoted in a 3 day period.

2 weeks after getting demoted they were handing out fliers saying that they needed 8 more tms. i thought that was crap but what could you do. i started looking around for another job and had a job lined up. put my 2 weeks notice on alexis desk. i got sick on my last day and had to leave early. since i didnt complete my full 2 week notice i was listed as non rehireable.

my other job fell through and now i cant find a job for the life of me bc alorica has that on my record. i also cant get unemployment bc they told them i voluntarily quit. which i did but only bc of a prospective job.

im hoping when they shut down on sept 4th i can finally find a good job without worrying about what they have been saying.
Average Joe

Wichita, KS

#23 Aug 21, 2010
BLOOD PIG wrote:
Alorica (Manhattan, KS) was an interesting place to work. Upper management was very poor. The senior OM smokes crack. The site director is a drag queen. Other subordinate OMs pushed weed and were high on the job. Several of the team managers came to work tripping on 'shrroms. There were numerous days the Riley County Police Department sat out front of the building waiting for people. Employees toked up in the smoke shack. They drug test people only to throw the swab in the trash (cost them to much to send the test out.)
Employee attitude is a reflection of management. Most of the people there don't care about the job. Most of the TMs are pompous assholes. Anyone who was on Keri Ann's team knows what I'm talking about.
There are some great people there. I met several of my great friends there. But the good employees are lost in the shadow of stats and incompetent management.
Alorica opened my eyes. I'd rather bust my ass digging a grave than work there.
I think it`s that way in most companies. It`s no different where I work. Our biggest liars, cheats, thieves and ass-kissers are all in management now. Job performance, integrity, and dedication take a back seat to how well you lie, steal, screw up and blame others, back-stab,and suck up to superiors. And people wonder why Corprate America is going to Hell in a hand-basket!!
Former Verizon Worker

Clovis, CA

#24 Jul 12, 2012
Did you guys happen to get the Verizon account? They have almost impossible metrics, and everything I did was never good enough. Verizon even has a transfer rate limit, hold time limit, and even another metric like adherence. You take a break late due to a long call, too bad for you. Plus, they want you to pass all yourt surveys. There are so many different ways to get a bad survey, it is not even funny.
Former Verizon Worker

Clovis, CA

#25 Jul 12, 2012
Did you guys get the Verizon account? Their threshold for expected performance is so high as to be ridiculous. Even getting 80s in your Rep Resolve which has to do with passing surveys, and in your adherence can get you fired. A failed survey can be given out of spite by a customer even after you solve their issue, and it is too bad for you. If you guys got the Verizon account, I know why the turnover is so high.
bbb2013

United States

#26 May 27, 2013
Alorica sucks! No raises, 10 minute breaks and horrible shifts.They yell at you all day.The customers on the phone yell and complain all day.The team leads threaten you with write ups everyday all day.Then they use and after call survey from customers as a way to score your performance. If you fail a survey for upholding there policies they write you up.A word for the wise Never ever work there!
Thanks

Junction City, KS

#27 May 27, 2013
bbb2013 wrote:
Alorica sucks! No raises, 10 minute breaks and horrible shifts.They yell at you all day.The customers on the phone yell and complain all day.The team leads threaten you with write ups everyday all day.Then they use and after call survey from customers as a way to score your performance. If you fail a survey for upholding there policies they write you up.A word for the wise Never ever work there!
Stay in school. Don`t drop out. If you do , you may have to go to work for Alorica some day.
karen

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#28 Jan 7, 2014
Funny Crap wrote:
Alorica is a call center, correct?
And all of the people working there, work on computers...correct?
They all talk to customers and make data entry with regard to technical support...correct?
Has anyone else noticed that not ONE of these Ex-Alori-loosers can write or spell?
It's as if Alorica hired a 5th grade class!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
So much for MY faith in Tech Support!
Oh my GOD, that crap's funny.
soooooo because of that you are Better than they. it does not matter if the can or cannot read or spell. for me is a good oportunity for those people, they have the sama right as us.
omfg

Junction City, KS

#29 Jan 7, 2014
karen wrote:
<quoted text>
soooooo because of that you are Better than they. it does not matter if the can or cannot read or spell. for me is a good oportunity for those people, they have the sama right as us.
Translated: "I may not be able to spell or use proper punctuation but I slipped in over the border and have a Tech Support job. It was a blessing for me that they didn't check my visa or I would have had my ass kicked back to the Santo Domingo. Also I get free medical and food-stamps. America! What a wonderful country."
Alorica

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 Feb 20, 2014
Alorica is a company that you have to be extremely careful when entering. They are full of scams and they dont pay you what u deserve. After working there for almost two years with no raise, a lawsuit was raised upon alorica for improper pay due to overtime and commission. They play with your money and i wouldnt recommend this company to anyone....
Alorica

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31 Feb 20, 2014
No type of respect given from this company...write ups on a weekly basis and they are all about the stats they dont care about anyone but themselves and the favoritism is ridiculous. Tms form clicks like its high school and very poor management qualities. Not even a recommendation for people who are desperate for jobs.
WHAT A JOKE

High Springs, FL

#32 May 9, 2014
Looking for a job in Palatka FL?? Don't BOTHER with Alorica!! These nutcases PROMISE you a "permanent" posistion, then FIRE you the DAY AFTER training!! GET REAL!!!!!!!
jbrown

Union City, GA

#33 Apr 17, 2015
i worked for Alorica for 2 1/2 years. i ranked #4 of 58 supervisors in the most recent shift bid. i have been rewarded twice in the past 6 months for performance. i was demoted the day of shift bid for an write up i was never counseled on and that did not document any real violation of company policy. i was told this was due to down sizing of the company and could be temporary. i later learned that was a lie. i came in to start work the following monday and i was not scheduled to work. it could take a day or two to update and I'd be called in when i have a schedule. i was written up for AWOL that day and termed the next. after over 2 yrs and hard work i was pushed out of the business....

i hope i was grammatically correct...
jbrown

Union City, GA

#34 Apr 17, 2015
Former Verizon Worker wrote:
Did you guys happen to get the Verizon account? They have almost impossible metrics, and everything I did was never good enough. Verizon even has a transfer rate limit, hold time limit, and even another metric like adherence. You take a break late due to a long call, too bad for you. Plus, they want you to pass all yourt surveys. There are so many different ways to get a bad survey, it is not even funny.
i worked the Verizon contract for 2 yrs and ranked top 5 in metrics...and got termed
Union and proud of it

Junction City, KS

#35 Apr 17, 2015
United we bargain, divided we beg. Organize a collective bargaining unit. You'll see results in no time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) 1 hr 2twisted 5,795
Word Association (Jan '09) Thu Hatti_Hollerand 1,375
Dinky and Not taking care of employees Feb 22 Disappointing 9
does anybody remember the Kaw theater (Oct '09) Feb 19 Eddie bo 3
Countries With Border Walls and Barriers Feb 18 black russian 7
Kentucky Fried Chicken Feb 16 Curious 12
So God Made A Liberal Feb 15 gallows for traitors 12

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance