Faith Tabernacle legal issue

Posted in the Junction City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
question

Junction City, KS

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Did something happen this morning related to the Faith Tab church? I'm hearing rumors and wondering if anyone else is hearing the same thing?
1st Fallen Angel

Manhattan, KS

#2 Aug 9, 2012
LOL !!!! Depends on what you are hearing ?
business as usual

Junction City, KS

#3 Aug 9, 2012
question wrote:
Did something happen this morning related to the Faith Tab church? I'm hearing rumors and wondering if anyone else is hearing the same thing?
Pedophilia, statutory rape, mind control....just the usual things you normally find in cults, suddenly brought to light. What else is new ?
TugBoat

Olney, IL

#4 Aug 9, 2012
question wrote:
What did you hear?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 11, 2012
FT is "screwed" both literally and figuratively.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 11, 2012
Point of fact any service member who was on active duty and attended FT or was a member of FT and or participated with FT will be subject to a possible CID investigation.

If you think this episode is just a two parter you'll miss the closing credits. The post CG and all branches of the armed forces will distance them selves from any and all affiliation.

The key word here is BLOWBACK. Now the city will have to release a statement every 2 weeks regarding the investigation and placate any rumors before the findings can be released. If any charges are filled (and there will be charges) the preverbal shit will hit the fan.

After which everybody and their dog will come out of the woodworks claiming they knew what was going on. If CID discovers any malfeasants where committed on Federal land or against dependents you'll see a shit storm from Hell coming this way. Pun intended.

From cocaine to Tim and Terry, FT has helped put JC back on the map.

Many of the congregation are decent folks but the backlash will hit them hard. If this new "leader" wants to truly be benevolent he and his crew will bring in counselors to help the "flock" come to terms with what's going on.

But if is a big IF.
TowBoat

Olney, IL

#7 Aug 11, 2012
charles-lennon wrote:
Point of fact any service member who was on active duty and attended FT or was a member of FT and or participated with FT will be subject to a possible CID investigation.
If you think this episode is just a two parter you'll miss the closing credits. The post CG and all branches of the armed forces will distance them selves from any and all affiliation.
The key word here is BLOWBACK. Now the city will have to release a statement every 2 weeks regarding the investigation and placate any rumors before the findings can be released. If any charges are filled (and there will be charges) the preverbal shit will hit the fan.
After which everybody and their dog will come out of the woodworks claiming they knew what was going on. If CID discovers any malfeasants where committed on Federal land or against dependents you'll see a shit storm from Hell coming this way. Pun intended.
From cocaine to Tim and Terry, FT has helped put JC back on the map.
Many of the congregation are decent folks but the backlash will hit them hard. If this new "leader" wants to truly be benevolent he and his crew will bring in counselors to help the "flock" come to terms with what's going on.
But if is a big IF.
Oh boy I love good drama!
wow

Junction City, KS

#8 Aug 11, 2012
Are you serious ? Was there a culture of silence over allegations of pedophilia and statutory rape ?

Location hidden

#9 Aug 11, 2012
Did I mention the law suites? Individual and class action. Possible IRS investigation and state auditors. The "church" could in the long run loose it's exempt status.

No dearly beloved this ain't Revolations but Genisis chapter 1. Wait til we get into Exodus and Lamintations.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 11, 2012
wow wrote:
Are you serious ? Was there a culture of silence over allegations of pedophilia and statutory rape ?
The allegations are just that allegations. In this day and age if the police arrest you 7 times out of 10 they have PC. Now regarding actual crimes that have been committed well thats to a judge and jury to decide. Even then the charges may be totally different than what has been claimed/ rumored for the past 72 hours.

The public or the less informed will believe the worse regardless of facts. Those individuals who want to make a quick buck or distance themselves for the sake of fame, fortune, reputation or whatever will do their best to make a bad situation even worse at the expense of the truth.

No matter what the outcome FT will never remove this stain from the "church". That's fact. But they can help heal the wounds both physical and psychological with counseling. But it's up to THEM to do this not the authorities.

But from what I can tell most of these followers are defending the "church" on Topix.com . Hell I've gotten more information about FT followers here than from the Daily Union newspaper. Which in it's self is strange.
TowBoat

Olney, IL

#11 Aug 11, 2012
charles-lennon wrote:
<quoted text>
The allegations are just that allegations. In this day and age if the police arrest you 7 times out of 10 they have PC. Now regarding actual crimes that have been committed well thats to a judge and jury to decide. Even then the charges may be totally different than what has been claimed/ rumored for the past 72 hours.
The public or the less informed will believe the worse regardless of facts. Those individuals who want to make a quick buck or distance themselves for the sake of fame, fortune, reputation or whatever will do their best to make a bad situation even worse at the expense of the truth.
No matter what the outcome FT will never remove this stain from the "church". That's fact. But they can help heal the wounds both physical and psychological with counseling. But it's up to THEM to do this not the authorities.
But from what I can tell most of these followers are defending the "church" on Topix.com . Hell I've gotten more information about FT followers here than from the Daily Union newspaper. Which in it's self is strange.
The Daily Disappointment was not much of a news source when I was out there in the 80's.
Goodbye

De Witt, IA

#12 Aug 11, 2012
The outcome of this will be horrible.
Alot more to come...Just stand by for
it will be interesting when you find out
what was going on right under your noses
TowBoat

Olney, IL

#13 Aug 11, 2012
charles-lennon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell I've gotten more information about FT followers here than from the Daily Union newspaper.
Oh.. If you believe all you read on Topix you are bound for troubled times of sitting in the corner howling at the moon..

Since: Aug 12

Fontana, KS

#14 Aug 11, 2012
TowBoat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.. If you believe all you read on Topix you are bound for troubled times of sitting in the corner howling at the moon..
Hey don't knock Moon Howling! How do you think I met my ex?
TowBoat

Olney, IL

#15 Aug 11, 2012
estilusti wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't knock Moon Howling! How do you think I met my ex?
Ha! I don't howl at the moon myself but I do talk to myself. Even answer myself sometimes. It is hell be an old fugly loner....

Location hidden

#16 Aug 11, 2012
From reading Charles-Lennon's post, you might think that he was in the "counciling" business and is trying to drum up some bizness.

LOL
Concerning

Gardner, KS

#17 Aug 11, 2012
David Crouch wrote:
From reading Charles-Lennon's post, you might think that he was in the "counciling" business and is trying to drum up some bizness.
LOL
Nope, he sounds like he could be in the legal field or a news or investigative reporter to me. Break down his commentary and you will see what I mean. By the way, he misspelled the words ( law suit, Revelations and Lamentations).
lone wolf

Junction City, KS

#18 Aug 12, 2012
TowBoat wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! I don't howl at the moon myself but I do talk to myself. Even answer myself sometimes. It is hell be an old fugly loner....
Better to be a loner than to have "friends" who use you , create unnecessary drama , and drag you down to their level. Your self-esteem needs a makeover , my friend.
TowBoat

Olney, IL

#19 Aug 12, 2012
lone wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Better to be a loner than to have "friends" who use you , create unnecessary drama , and drag you down to their level. Your self-esteem needs a makeover , my friend.
Yes I can do without the drama for sure.

As far as my self-esteem. I could work on that with a lottery win.:)

Fontana, KS

#20 Aug 12, 2012
Concerning wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, he sounds like he could be in the legal field or a news or investigative reporter to me. Break down his commentary and you will see what I mean. By the way, he misspelled the words ( law suit, Revelations and Lamentations).
Hey it's called "Typing on a iPad while riding a horse". It ain't easy, believe me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Window Tint In Junction City and Manhattan (Apr '10) 2 hr Lesleymaysuckdsnutz 29
Applebee's 7 hr Get Real 12
Word Association (Jan '09) 10 hr Honest Babe 1,167
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) 10 hr Honest Babe 5,375
Who is moving into the Kites Building? Sun cheap beer bad food 4
Mr. Dinky Sun Built it they will 131
City inspectors hate the state flower Sun Nice just nice 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages